Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-20-2006, 04:33 PM   #16
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If I go:

Farmar!

Farmar!

Farmar!

Does that up the count
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:37 PM   #17
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
If I go:

Farmar!

Farmar!

Farmar!

Does that up the count

i counted you for farmar already but im not sure if you're for turiaf or bynum. i have you for turiaf right now???
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:40 PM   #18
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
i counted you for farmar already but im not sure if you're for turiaf or bynum. i have you for turiaf right now???

Heck Yeah.. Throw One In, By Me, For Turiaf!
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 04:47 PM   #19
magicmanfan
Local High School Star

magicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected postermagicmanfan is a pretty well-respected poster

Bynum and Walton!!

T. Winters said he is our best playmaker!

Although I'm betting Farmar is starting before the end of the year. We
need another penetrator........once his outside shot and confidence
improves, he will start!
magicmanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:55 PM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicmanfan
Bynum and Walton!!

T. Winters said he is our best playmaker!

Although I'm betting Farmar is starting before the end of the year. We
need another penetrator........once his outside shot and confidence
improves, he will start!

think realistically...this will never work.

Turiaf and Parker because Parker knows more than jordan...Bynum will be great off the bench.

Either way these 4 will get time (not sure about farmar)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #21
schyza
High School Starter

schyza has decent reputationschyza has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
Center: Andrew Bynum

I have a reason for this. ok, we have an easy schedule to begin with, this is most reasonable time to test bynum. to see if he has "it"...he will always look shy and timid like he did today until he consistently gets PT and is given the chance to be acquainted with nba game. so give bynum and chance, and the easy schedule will help in the sense that if bynum doesnt produce well enuf, we will still have a chance to win games. Turiaf should get about 22 minutes while Bynum maybe 25 or so.

Point Guard: Jordan Farmar

Get this kid on the court FAST. Hes a smart ball player, fast, quick and can literally blow by anyone. Pairing up with kobe in the backcourt will only make his game that much better

My thoughts exactly thanks for saving me the time in typing
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #22
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

look guys...farmar will take it EVENTUALLY THIS SEASON.

just not yet.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #23
KBTwoFour
Athletic Park Baller

KBTwoFour has no real reputation yet.
Wink I say Farmar and Bynum

Man...After dedicating my evening to watching the lakers vs clippers Preseason matchup of like "Half" the Lakers squad...I would have to say:

Bynum at Center
&
Farmar at Point Guard

It seems on this thread that people are making their decisions quickly based on the play of Farmar in relation to Smush. If we weigh each situation between Farmar and Smush the winner still at that point needs to talk to Phil about it. I dont claim to know what Phil has been doing but...reportedly Phil has been watching tape and Phil has been doing part time work with the team. Phil isn't coaching Farmar during PreSeason contests so my $$$ would be on Smush starting.

It sure was fun to watch Farmar. During free throws by both teams he went straight over to the bench to talk to Kurt and the Assistants about various stuff about the game and the teams' approach. I don't recall Smush going out of his way to go over to the coaches, unless they were calling him over for something (atleast he rarely does it). Farmar was over there talking to the coaches constantly. Man that's a good sign

Farmar averaged 27.5 points and 6.5 assists per game as a point guard in high school. Heady stuff. Of course most guys average a lot of points but its a real good sign that Mitch's 1st Round draft pick this year was actually a good one and not John Celestand for a change.

I pick FARMAR, but I have a feeling that traditions with point guards and Phil will lead to Smush starting for the first few months. Phil has always been one for tradition.

I say Bynum at Center because Turiaf's abilities are Taylor Made for the bench. No one usually needs a spark at the beginning of a game. Turiaf is that spark that the team needs mid game, whenever. Turiaf maybe an amazing 6th man, but unless he's a Power Forward starter, I don't see him as a good starting center. His spark abilities off the bench with the second team reserves is SO much more valuable than with the starters...IMO.
KBTwoFour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:11 PM   #24
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTwoFour
No one usually needs a spark at the beginning of a game.

And why Not may I ask? Why cant u have a spark in the begginning. sorry but i beg to differ.

Games are won in the opening and closing quarters. It would be better to discourage the other team early on.

And you guys are asking for two 19 year olds to start?

thats a mediocre Idea because Bynum doesnt even know the triangle yet. u guys mentioned he looked lost.

Why would u want him to start then? and farmar just came in...hes brand new...Parker is a good pg also...he deserves to start for now.
Old 10-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #25
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Bynum
Turiaf
Odom
Evans
Farmar
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:36 PM   #26
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Turiaf
Odom
Walton
evans
Parker

off the bench

Bynum
Farmar
Shammond
Cook
Vlad Rad
Old 10-20-2006, 07:55 PM   #27
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Turiaf
Odom
Walton
evans
Parker

off the bench

Bynum
Farmar
Shammond
Cook
Vlad Rad

Bynum Cook
Turiaf Vlad
Odom Walton
Evans Shammond
Farmar Parker
Old 10-20-2006, 08:00 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
Bynum Cook
Turiaf Vlad
Odom Walton
Evans Shammond
Farmar Parker

this looks ok only shammond is strictly a PG and Smush is both.

So

Bynum, Turiaf
Odom, Cook
Walton, Radman
Evans, Parker
Shammond, Farmar
Old 10-20-2006, 08:07 PM   #29
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
this looks ok only shammond is strictly a PG and Smush is both.

So

Bynum, Turiaf
Odom, Cook
Walton, Radman
Evans, Parker
Shammond, Farmar

I had no idea that Smush can play SG.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #30
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

If Parker can play SG THEN.

Bynum
Turiaf
Odom
Parker
Farmar
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: