Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 08-30-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Do we have the most boring set of jersey numbers?

I was bored and started looking at each player's jersey number for the Grizzlies and I have to say, we have an incredible boring bunch of guys. Darrell Arthur might have the most interesting number, but even then, it's still 00.

Here's a list of the jersey numbers for our team....

00 - Arthur
1 - Carroll
4 - Young
5 - Williams
11 - Conley
15 - Haddadi aka 'The Star'
22 - Gay
32 - Mayo
33 - Gasol
34 - Thabeet
45 - Hunter
50 - Randolph
55 - Jaric

What a boring bunch of guys we have. No unique numbers, nothing that stands out.

Also, on an interesting and slightly less boring note (but still quite boring), we have 5 guys who have a duplicate number.

00 - Arthur
11 - Conley
22 - Gay
33 - Gasol
55 - Jaric

Weird, or it could just further prove our team's blandness.

Before you ask, yes, I am so incredibly bored, that I have reverted to making fun of our team's players because of their numbers.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 12:09 AM   #2
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Do we have the most boring set of jersey numbers?

Their just numbers. I dont think that makes our jerseys boring
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 03:52 AM   #3
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

This might just be the randomest thread i've ever read.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 05:04 AM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jailer
Their just numbers. I dont think that makes our jerseys boring
No, I didn't say the jerseys were boring. I actually think we have one of the more nicer and cleaner jerseys in the league. I'm also not saying the style of the numbers are boring. I'm saying that the numbers that the guys have chosen are boring as hell.

No originality, such as Rodman who wore numbers 91, 73 and 70, or Artest with whatever number he chooses to wear for each season, or Webber with 84. Hell, even a number like 43 or 7, would give a bit of originality to this team.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:38 AM   #5
O.J A 6'4Mamba
Power32 (OJ Mayo)

O.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryO.J A 6'4Mamba posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

Mayo wears the number 32 to honor the great Magic Johnson and there is nothing wrong with that.
O.J A 6'4Mamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:22 PM   #6
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
Mayo wears the number 32 to honor the great Magic Johnson and there is nothing wrong with that.
I was just about to say that.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:23 PM   #7
jailer
MillionDollarException

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
No, I didn't say the jerseys were boring. I actually think we have one of the more nicer and cleaner jerseys in the league. I'm also not saying the style of the numbers are boring. I'm saying that the numbers that the guys have chosen are boring as hell.

No originality, such as Rodman who wore numbers 91, 73 and 70, or Artest with whatever number he chooses to wear for each season, or Webber with 84. Hell, even a number like 43 or 7, would give a bit of originality to this team.
Artest and rodman are insane and in their own world.So their numbers are relevant to their sanity. Webbers number was chosen cause his nephew said he saw chris winning a championship wearing that number.
Old 09-01-2009, 01:41 AM   #8
brandonislegend
Old School Cool

brandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected posterbrandonislegend is a pretty well-respected poster

32 is the number I wear.
brandonislegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #9
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

#50 is my number
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:32 AM   #10
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSims2108
#50 is my number
I've always liked the way 51 looked. I don't know why but 51 is a nice looking number.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: