Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-20-2006, 10:29 PM   #1
hateraid
Is it in you?

Default OT: Just buried a friend today

About a week ago a friend of mine passed away. The worst thing about it was his life was tragically taken from him by three guys who stabbed him to death. It occured last week at a basement suit. Way Early in the morning, him and a friend were called up to help them out at a party which got a little heated. My two friends and another guy, although already at home and recovering from a night of drinking, hopped into their car to go fetch these guys out of there. When they got there, the two friends they were picking up quickly hopped in the van. The three who arrived their hopped out of the van. My buddy who was driving happened to recognize one of the guys who wanted to get at the two who hopped in the van. He tried to reason with the guy when out of nowhere another guy runs at of nowhere and swings a knife. My buddy had the reflex to block it with his arm. The knife went through his arm and punctured his chest. Then Bradley ( that was his nickname, Shawn "Bradley" cause he was 6'7. It doesn't sound tall, but to a group of filipinos, that's enormous) who's a fairly large jumped in and tried to push the attackers away. While trying to ward them off he was stabbed twice. One in the chest. After they had seemed beaten, the attackers backed off. My buddies still had the strength to drive away. Noticing that Bradley was bleeding bad, they rushed to the hospital. Bradley still had the strength to walk to the emergency room. A half an hour after that was pronounced dead. My other friend made it through there alive.

Today we buried him and in attendance was about 300 people. He was buried in his Sixers jersey. He shared the same love for that team that I have. My heart goes out to his family.

Today's society is really fVcked up. Gone are the days where we handled thing fist to fist. Anywhere you go can be potential danger. He just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I take life in a very different perspective and will not take things for granted. If this post offends anyone, my appologies. Sometimes talking about it helps relieve the loss and I do spend alot of time on here. That's all.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:33 PM   #2
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

Man, I'm really sorry. Losing a good friend is about as tough as losing a mother (I've lost both in the last 2 months)

It gets easier with time, trust me, but it will always hurt.

I hate violent stories like this. Bunch of knuckle heads. What kind of chump is gonna stab someone? Probably some 50 cent fan. You handle that stuff with your fists, not weapons.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:33 PM   #3
scrotania
Banned

that sh!t sucks.

someday these fools who do stuff like this are gonna look back on their lives and feel pretty cold inside. i'm sure not even they will really know why they did it. acting tough doesn't have to result in killing someone.
scrotania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #4
Targus™
Good college starter

sorry to hear that, bro, these kind of things are not as easy to get over especially if you were really close to them. i agree, today's society is wack.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:36 PM   #5
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

That sucks, really horrible.

I can't believe he was able to walk in to the emergency room and be dead just 30 minutes later? Wow.

People that use knives to fight= Pu$sies.

I send my prayers to your friend.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:37 PM   #6
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

It's tough man, but I think you did a good thing writing it all out and sharing the pain a bit, I found that helped when I lost some people in the past year. Thank goodness none died of such ridiculous things as the pointless violence that took your friend's life, I'm sure that makes it far worse because there must be a fair bit of anger toward those responsible. I wish you all the best, and to your friend's family. :)
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #7
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Sorry to hear that, that's really ****ed up, hope you can get over it soon.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #8
justbringit23
I airball my layups

Thats a damn shame, I got a prayer for you an his family tonight. Did people forget how to use fist.
justbringit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:38 PM   #9
scrotania
Banned

my condolences to you too, TMOGE.
scrotania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:39 PM   #10
Targus™
Good college starter

yeah you too TMOGE i never heard about that.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #11
Darkess
High School Varsity 12th Man

I'm sorry man...

you can't predict when crazy people will go off. The only thing you can do is keep as far away from them as possible.

I wish you the best. Losing people always sucks, especially when they're close to you.

If you're not religious, that's cool. But most people of the world will tell you that things happen for a reason. So remember this moment, and realize that it happened to change the world and set things in motion. Your friend didn't die for no reason, you just don't see it yet.
Darkess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:40 PM   #12
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Violence sucks!
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:43 PM   #13
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Wow, TMOGE, you didn't tell me about your mom ( I had a nasty joke here but I'm going to excercise self control).

Why are you guys acting like most people fight with their fists alone?....
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:44 PM   #14
Kobe24
Banned

Did they catch the punks?
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 10:49 PM   #15
hateraid
Is it in you?

This is awesome, thanks for the kind words and I appreciate the condolences. I'm gonna be with our group of friends tonight for a get together in his memory. I will definately show them the the kind words you guys are posting.

TMOGE, sorry for the loss bro. It's always tough to bury a person close to you.

Once again, thank ISH memebers.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: