Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-20-2006, 10:47 AM   #1
vishadpatel
Can barely lace up my sneakers

vishadpatel has an OK reputation so far
Default Pierce or Yao

i'm in a 2 keeper league. my #1 is D. Wade but i'm not sure on my #2. a year ago i would have said pierce hands down but after yao's 2nd half of the season last yr, i dont know.

REASONS FOR PIERCE
he is a stud and gets stats across the board
he has a proven track record
he usually stays healthy throughout the season, yao has the stupid big toe

REASONS FOR YAO
pierce is 29yrs old, yao is 26 (its a 2 player keeper league)
i dont think yao has hit his potential, i thought last yr would be his breakout yr but he got hurt. he was GREAT when he came back from the injury.

do you think the new fast break type offense that the celts want to implement with telfair and rondo will hurt pierce's stats? will a healthy t-mac take points away from yao and will battier take away boards from yao?

we play in the yahoo league and start the following positions:
G, PG, SG, F, SF, PF, C, Util, Util, Util

the scoring is rotisserie with the following categories:
FG%, FT%, Pts, 3-Pts, Reb, OReb, Assists, Steals, Blocks, TO's

any thoughts/advice would be appreciated. thanks.
vishadpatel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #2
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Close call...

1 Year it wouldve been Pierce no doubt...

But keep league...

I'd go with Yao, he is younger....
Glove_20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:06 AM   #3
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Even if it was just for one year, you still have to take Yao. Statwise, you go with Pierce obviously, but when you think about positions and how hard it is to find a great center, as opposed to a great swingman (which you already have), you have to go with Yao.

And obviously for a keeper league, you take Yao for the age factor.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:08 AM   #4
Glove_20
The Expert

Glove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat coolGlove_20 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Even if it was just for one year, you still have to take Yao. Statwise, you go with Pierce obviously, but when you think about positions and how hard it is to find a great center, as opposed to a great swingman (which you already have), you have to go with Yao.

And obviously for a keeper league, you take Yao for the age factor.
One year its Pierce no doubt

Yao has injury problems, and Pierce has only missed 3 games in the last 3 years....

27ppg
7rpg
5apg
1.5 3pg
1.5 spg
0.5 bpg
47%
77%

Its very tough to put numbers like that...No matter what posistion u are...
Old 10-20-2006, 11:46 AM   #5
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Kobe, Wade, McGrady, Carter, Allen, Jason Richardson, LeBron, and Joe Johnson should all put up numbers similar to that. Some may be a little imferior, but not by much. And I may be missing some. Hell Arenas and Iverson could be there as well, because of their high assists and steals, which makes up for a lack of rebounds.

For centers though, which you need TWO of (pure centers), how many of them can put up even close to 24/11 with 2 blocks and extremely good percentages? I can think of two. Chris Bosh and maybe Amare, but he's a huge risk. Mehmet Okur, Brad Miller, Ilgauskus, Camby, Duncan, and Jermaine O'Neal are all in the next category, but they come up short in one way or another, so they aren't really that close. Be it FT% (big one), injury status, points, rebounds, or just not trying during the regular season (Duncan), they all have their shortcomings. Yao does not.

I take Yao over Pierce, and so do 80% of fantasy leagues, simply because of the position he plays. Although I do admit, the fourth pick is WAY to high to be taking him, if that's where bigboi got him.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #6
Glove_20
The Expert

It is...

And how do Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, McGrady, Carter, do good as Pierce

while

Z, Brad Miller, Jermaine, Duncan aren't as good as Yao?

The "swingmen" mentioned above also lack Pierce someway, just like you said these players lack Ming

McGrady is a injury risk, Carter and JJ just don't put good enough numbers, and Ray can only shoot 3s and score...

Pierece is on the same level as Wade...Compare their stats, and you'll see that Pierece actually had an advantage from last year...THough Wade has more potential this year

Yeah, Big Boi is an idiot, I could've told you LONG time ago about that...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: