Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 09-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #31
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Is there an possibilty Lebron comes to the Clippers?

If he decides to leave Cleveland which I doubt this is definitely on the top of his list. Lebron will make any team a contender, so the franchises history is not an issue.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #32
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
If he decides to leave Cleveland which I doubt this is definitely on the top of his list. Lebron will make any team a contender, so the franchises history is not an issue.

I dont think its going to happen.. but the funny thing is that if he were to sign with the Clippers, his presence alone would make the team relevant, thus making him the Clipper savior..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 02:48 AM   #33
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
If LeBron was smart, he would. He could revive a franchise on his own, and be remembered for that. It's a large market, he can battle Kobe 4 times a year in the same city, and begin what would become a legend like story.

REVIVE????????? You are quite generous sir!!!!
Seriously, the WORST things Lebron could ever do is;

1. Play for the Clippers and watch Kobe and Lakers put more banners in the rafters while he gets none.....like the ugly step-child.

2. Play for the Bulls and never get a ring.....living in Michael's shadow.

Note: I would actually like to see the Clippers grow to be a top tier team.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 11:32 AM   #34
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

You are fooling yourself, 'Franchise History' is the biggest issue.

And I want him to be a Clipper..
Old 09-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #35
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
REVIVE????????? You are quite generous sir!!!!
Seriously, the WORST things Lebron could ever do is;

1. Play for the Clippers and watch Kobe and Lakers put more banners in the rafters while he gets none.....like the ugly step-child.

2. Play for the Bulls and never get a ring.....living in Michael's shadow.

Note: I would actually like to see the Clippers grow to be a top tier team.

You need to make up your mind about support or non.. It seems you want to support but hate, simultaniously.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:47 PM   #36
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
You need to make up your mind about support or non.. It seems you want to support but hate, simultaniously.

Hey Zen, No hate for the Clippers from me, just honesty.
Revive the Clippers franchise.....revive them back to what????
They have no WCF final appearances, no rings, no retired numbers.
The proper wording would be ELEVATE the franchise.....that's what I hope happens.
No, I do not feel that even with Lebron the Clippers could knock off the Lakers until Kobe retires. I don't think Lebron would like being the 2nd fiddle in L.A to Kobe....Nor in Jordan's shadow in Chicago....where he would be considered a failure if he didn't win at least 4 rings.....both cases put too much pressure on him so NO, I don't see him putting himself in those situations.
Again, as for the Clippers I think it would be great for them to be the rival that the Kings used to be with us, of course I would want the Lakers to win just as they beat the Kings........hey, that would be a MAJOR improvement over where they have ever been. Imagine how hot that would be Lakers vs. Clippers WCF!!!!!
Hope that clarifies things for you Zen.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:01 PM   #37
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Hey Zen, No hate for the Clippers from me, just honesty.
Revive the Clippers franchise.....revive them back to what????
They have no WCF final appearances, no rings, no retired numbers.
The proper wording would be ELEVATE the franchise.....that's what I hope happens.
No, I do not feel that even with Lebron the Clippers could knock off the Lakers until Kobe retires. I don't think Lebron would like being the 2nd fiddle in L.A to Kobe....Nor in Jordan's shadow in Chicago....where he would be considered a failure if he didn't win at least 4 rings.....both cases put too much pressure on him so NO, I don't see him putting himself in those situations.
Again, as for the Clippers I think it would be great for them to be the rival that the Kings used to be with us, of course I would want the Lakers to win just as they beat the Kings........hey, that would be a MAJOR improvement over where they have ever been. Imagine how hot that would be Lakers vs. Clippers WCF!!!!!
Hope that clarifies things for you Zen.

I think you also misunderstood me.

Im not speaking about the details of your opinion. What I mean to say, is that the defensive mood and the sense of superiority that you display as a Laker fan, can come off a bit combative and it may rub some Clipper fans the wrong way.

Im not saying change the pessimistic attitude, all Im saying is that the way your post come out, seems (if only to me..) like you are hating.

Yes, I know Clipper have a horrible history, but can we get over it? Can we at a certain point, just accept it as obvious, and not as a bulletin?

Last edited by ZeN : 09-12-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Old 09-12-2009, 08:02 PM   #38
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN

I think you also misunderstood me.

Im not speaking about the details of your opinion. What I mean to say, is that the defensive mood and the sense of superiority that you display as a Laker fan, can come off a bit combative and it may rub some Clipper fans the wrong way.

Im not saying change the pessimistic attitude, all Im saying is that the way your post come out, seems (if only to me..) like you are hating.

Yes, I know Clipper have a horrible history, but can we get over it? Can we at a certain point, just accept it as obvious, and not as a bulletin?

Yeah....sorry I still don't get you on this
I'm not bragging, I'm not Laughing at the Clippers, I'm not wishing negative things for the team. I'm just being 100% REAL If you cannot see the reasons why Lebron wouldn't go to the Bulls or Clippers you are missing the very obvious points I am making.
Yes, the Clippers losing in the WCF would be a huge accomplishment and a step up.....nothing to be ashamed of.......and something to grow on for the future. Many people would say even that is unrealistic......I haven't even heard a single Clippers fan dream of more than that......so how am I offending anyone.....really?
Old 09-12-2009, 09:56 PM   #39
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Yeah....sorry I still don't get you on this
I'm not bragging, I'm not Laughing at the Clippers, I'm not wishing negative things for the team. I'm just being 100% REAL If you cannot see the reasons why Lebron wouldn't go to the Bulls or Clippers you are missing the very obvious points I am making.
Yes, the Clippers losing in the WCF would be a huge accomplishment and a step up.....nothing to be ashamed of.......and something to grow on for the future. Many people would say even that is unrealistic......I haven't even heard a single Clippers fan dream of more than that......so how am I offending anyone.....really?

Well most likely its just me making a big fuss about nothing...
Old 09-12-2009, 10:05 PM   #40
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If the Clippers will hire Avery Johnson, or a a great defensive coach.

LeBron will sign with the Los Angeles Clippers.

LeBron + a young athletic supporting cast + a good defensive coach = more than 3 NBA titles in the 2000's.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #41
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

LeBron + a young athletic supporting cast + a good defensive coach = more than 3 NBA titles in the 2000's.

You make a great point, even if the Clippers have good potential players, they still would need a better than subpar coach.. Mike aint gonna do it..
Old 09-14-2009, 02:02 PM   #42
DKLaker

I would love to see Avery as coach of the Clippers, he's a great coach and could turn things around....yeah Mike is crap.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:22 PM   #43
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23

Avery Johnson is absolute crap and would be the same thing as Dunleavy, minus for the fact that I'd rather keep Dun since he got Sterling to start opening his wallet and is a hell of a GM.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:40 PM   #44
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Exactly. If he does want to look at the franchises history, why would he remain in Cleveland if they had done shit before he got there? Because they made the Conference Finals in '92 and a bunch of first round exits?
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:13 PM   #45
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Avery Johnson is absolute crap and would be the same thing as Dunleavy, minus for the fact that I'd rather keep Dun since he got Sterling to start opening his wallet and is a hell of a GM.

That is a great point.. If it werent for Sterling being open to releasing money for players, then our hopes would be as empty as many of the haters that claim that nothing will ever change.

Plus, it was Dun that got the Clipps in the playoffs with Sammy and developed a hunger in Don for winning..

However, I hope that this years Clippers can learn to finish things off in the fourth.. thats my biggest complaint with Dun, his teams are horrible in the fourth. If Davis and Mike can get on the same page however, this team will be a scary one..
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: