Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2006, 09:09 PM   #31
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Yeah,put down "horrible" next your entertainment choices, I save energy not having to put it down myself.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:40 PM   #32
Boiled Snack
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Boiled Snack has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
What's fun in watching two guys fight?...Sometimes I'm amazed at the way people choose their entertainment. Stay in Japan, Come to America, Eddie Murphy doesn't give a sh!t.

You have UFC, Japan has Pride. Apparently you don't know what you're talking about, Eddie Murphy is a boxing fan it wouldn't surprise me to know that he also likes watching Pride/UFC.
Boiled Snack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:54 PM   #33
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I was tricked into thinking Vitor was on the card. I heard he has a fight coming up. Is it UFC?
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:00 PM   #34
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

If anybody needed more proof of how much better Pride is, two words: CHUCK NORRIS. But seriously, the fights overall were not great, not horrible, surprisingly good for a half-assed card. The "no kicks or knees on the ground" rule actually did not hurt much. Combined with the lack of elbows, I thought it actually made the grappling higher quality.

And I can't blame Pride this time for not letting Chuck v. Wanderlei happen, because UFC are just making retarded demands that they know Pride will never let happen just so they can say "see, it's Pride's fault." When a Pride rep asked Dana White straight up why the fight wasn't happening, Dana had no answer. I can't blame the UFC either really though, because if Chuck loses (extremely possible), that's UFC's marquee fighter being owned. You can bet that the casual fans would suddenly realize that they've got other MMA options. If I was Dana I would make sure that wouldn't happen either.

So in other words, the fight will never happen.

And Pride has offered fighters to UFC before (Ninja, Kharitonov). UFC never bothered using them.

Quote:
is this where two guys roll around in the ring and fight each other? I tried watching that Ultimate fighting sh&t or whatever....all I saw were two half naked men straddling each other and rolling around....

If it was European and in the Olympics you'd probably be a huge fan, of course all you'd do is whine and b!tch about the Americans not winning, so I guess it's good for the rest of us that you're not a fan.

Quote:
I was tricked into thinking Vitor was on the card.

He was on the card. He got his ass handed to him by Henderson.
Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:20 PM   #35
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

They tried to play up Coleman as the American hero too much. The stuff with his daughters, espeically after the fight, was ridiculous.

But damn, Fedor is a damn man. That's one cold bastard. Love him.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: