Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 10-20-2006, 06:49 PM   #1
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Exclamation Kings vs Jazz 10.20.06 (Pre-Season)

Thread for today's Pre-Season game against the Jazz.

Hopefully, we will see how the new Kings will bounce back from their first preseason loss.

The Jazz are coming off a win last night and are hoping to continue their success.

Go Kings! Go BAM!

Game will be on CSN

Review

Kings Top Jazz

Mike Bibby scored 23 points and Kevin Martin chipped in 20 to power the Kings to a 112-96 win over the Jazz on Friday. Ron Artest also had a strong game for Sacramento, posting 17 points, six rebounds, five assists and five steals.

Im looking for a good boxscore that I could post here after the games, but all the ones i checked on nba.com, espn.com, etc. don't copy-and-paste right

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 10-21-2006 at 01:13 PM.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:05 PM   #2
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Arrow Depending on status quo

Dude, Kenny Thomas has been utterly crap so far. I really hate how he cannot finish at the bucket. $#@!.

KMart is finally home, he needs to break out of this semi-slump.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:20 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiss Murder
Dude, Kenny Thomas has been utterly crap so far. I really hate how he cannot finish at the bucket. $#@!.

KMart is finally home, he needs to break out of this semi-slump.
Yeah kmart seems to be in funk lately. His shot looks different now. He looks faster and stronger though.

Im hoping shareef gets the start today, i think he deserves a chance to start today. Kenny seems to be on coach's good side though.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:54 PM   #4
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

Kevin Martin isn't being aggressive enough. He needs to attack the basket, instead he passes out of the pressure when they take way the jumper. He's too fast and crafty to just settle for jumpers.
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Thanks for setting up the game thread bigboi.

Yeah Kevin needs to be more agressive. He can score a lot more than he is.

Defense needs to get back to where it was before the Phoenix game happened. Bibby needs to not play like garbage, same with Miller and Thomas.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:03 PM   #6
Targus™
Good college starter

I just think kenny thomas is making bad decisions on the court, which end up causing turnovers. and when he goes up for a layup, a lot of times he just throws the ball up there. SAR should start tonight.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:21 AM   #7
Targus™
Good college starter

well it doesn't look like scoring is a problem, turnovers however are a different story.so many of them are unforced. this is what k-mart needed, just a boost from the home crowd. overall, good game by the kings so far, the only thing i'm wondering about is why the starters seem to be playing a lot minutes. I almost fainted when Bibby hurt his ankle earlier...
Old 10-21-2006, 01:54 AM   #8
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

u think it was U!!!...i nearly died...lol i was like OH GREAT!!! is their ne thing else that can go wrong.... next possesion KT throws up a layup ...boy i could of reached him throw my tv screen i would of slaped the sh!t out of him....he needs to take his time man!!!
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:41 AM   #9
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Another mediocre game for Kenny. SAR got 7 boards and 10 points or something like that, he played better but not fantastic IMO. I think Corliss should get some of Kenny's PT next game, let him start he's played well so far.

Miller had 2 steals and 2 blocks but only 2 rebounds . It seems like he just cant put it all together at the same time. You either get D, or rebounding, or scoring, but he doesn't really put it together at the same time lately. Hope he can improve on that.

Artest came off the bench but he played really well IMO. Too many 3s again though. 5 Steals and 5 assists .

Bibby and Martin killed the Jazz out there.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:49 AM   #10
Targus™
Good college starter

and bibby says he hates the new ball...lol....
Old 10-21-2006, 03:51 AM   #11
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

lol yea bmiller...he cant place it all together....it would be sweet tho... good game...letting salmons start was puuuurrre genius on musselmans part....i really think he should start...he can give u an al around game...plus it seems as if he cravs goin to the free throw line... if kmart can learn something from salmons it has to be slashing rebound and freethrow shooting attempts... salmons will be GREAT for us this year i must give it to him.....he's our lamar Odom....a tripple double threat every night...onli thing is salmons has the abilty to be more consistent with it. Once given minutes he can be realllllly good....
Old 10-21-2006, 04:00 AM   #12
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perezident
lol yea bmiller...he cant place it all together....it would be sweet tho... good game...letting salmons start was puuuurrre genius on musselmans part....i really think he should start...he can give u an al around game...plus it seems as if he cravs goin to the free throw line... if kmart can learn something from salmons it has to be slashing rebound and freethrow shooting attempts... salmons will be GREAT for us this year i must give it to him.....he's our lamar Odom....a tripple double threat every night...onli thing is salmons has the abilty to be more consistent with it. Once given minutes he can be realllllly good....

I don't think Salmons is exactly Odom but he's really surprised me so far. Good at getting to the line and he's been a very good ball handler and defender too. Seems like a Bobby Jackson type acquisition, where he was underrated and Petrie picked him up. Then Petrie came under criticism for it but it worked out well and he ended up being valuable to our team.

BTW how about Ronnie Price! That dude is awesome and he's a ton of fun to watch. That putback jam was crazy good, he's a good ball handler and seems like our new BJax IMO.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:04 AM   #13
Targus™
Good college starter

well I guess jason hart has pretty much lost his position..
Old 10-21-2006, 04:12 AM   #14
BradMiller52
Kings fan

Thank John Salmons and Ronnie Price
Old 10-21-2006, 10:01 AM   #15
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

lol i hear that!........it amazing how players can suck one year but under a new identity they flourish in to reallllll role players!!

oh btw bmiller i didnt say salmons is better than odom or on the same level but i did say he can be our own litttle odom...and thats being a tripple double threat on every given night......
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: