Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #1
el gringos
College superstar
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,353
Default Tony Wroten

76'rs waive tony wroten? Knicks need to take advantage. This guy could make a huge impact on this team
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2015, 01:33 AM   #2
el gringos
College superstar
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,353
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Wroten is a guy I thought would be a good pickup on a real contract next free agency and he's just sitting there for "free"


There has to be something up with him for getting cut though. He was too 4 talent on that roster. Prob injury related/attitude/??


He'd be the Knicks best pg. and a tier above Jimmer or any other d league player. Don't wait for 10 day contract time just go sign him guaranteed


I know it's thought by most of us that the triangle needs a shooter at the point, i think this team needs speed guy and a get at the basket guy even more. An easy basket push the pace guy. 22 years old

This team running could open up some new things for KP
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #3
smoovegittar
Get over yourself
 
smoovegittar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,102
Default Re: Tony Wroten

The only thing he has going for him is getting to the rim. And how much of THAT can you expect from a player with a gimpy ACL that is shooting at a paltry 34% and plays shit defense.

If you're not going to defend, Phil has no use for you. This is why all your favorite players get shipped out. You're too hung up on scoring.

I'd rather wait for Grant to come around. Yes, wait.

WAIT.
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 02:42 PM   #4
el gringos
College superstar
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,353
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovegittar
The only thing he has going for him is getting to the rim. And how much of THAT can you expect from a player with a gimpy ACL that is shooting at a paltry 34% and plays shit defense.

If you're not going to defend, Phil has no use for you. This is why all your favorite players get shipped out. You're too hung up on scoring.

I'd rather wait for Grant to come around. Yes, wait.

WAIT.
Wroten is a level above grant as far as talent/ceiling


Maybe you're right. Only great defenders like Calderon, Afflalo, and Sasha can be on phils team.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2015, 05:50 PM   #5
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,383
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Wroten has cleared waivers. Not really as fan of his, but wouldnt object. Hard to get behind a guard that doesnt defend and cant shoot.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
smoovegittar
Get over yourself
 
smoovegittar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,102
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Wroten is a level above grant as far as talent/ceiling


Maybe you're right. Only great defenders like Calderon, Afflalo, and Sasha can be on phils team.

How the hell are you going to say that Wroten has a greater ceiling than this rookie with 4 years college experience? Are you damaged?

...and you believe that Calderon, Afflalo and Sasha will be here long term?

Go be a homer for your other teams. NY fans have had enough stupidity.
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2015, 04:29 PM   #7
el gringos
College superstar
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,353
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovegittar
How the hell are you going to say that Wroten has a greater ceiling than this rookie with 4 years college experience? Are you damaged?

...and you believe that Calderon, Afflalo and Sasha will be here long term?

Go be a homer for your other teams. NY fans have had enough stupidity.
So you have to be a homer to be here? Pathetic.

I've never thought those guys would be around forever. That was you.


I can say he has a higher ceiling because he's younger, bigger, and quicker/faster.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #8
el gringos
College superstar
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,353
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Knicks might get a guard for "free". He's better than what you have now, yet you're worried about what? You said this was a Durant type or bust and then you quickly adjusted to Robin Lopez and afflalo is what you wanted?


Even though you hate it- Carmelo is the best player on the team. He's te best player your team has had in a long time. Porzingis might be the best draft pick the franchise had ever made. (Around here on ish - I was thi only person here going for pick porzingis.)



This team has 2 pieces. Some people are special and shouldn't be criticized. Smooth it gear is a person too. Don't harass him for being retarded- many many people are. But don't let yourself sink into that kind of losers mentality. He has a problem. That doesn't mean you do too.


The best part is that the couple really vocal fans (who deserve to be called fans) will change their tune the next firm Phil tells them to.


I used to think the Denver fan base was soft. Unless ish isnt a good interpretation of fans, it's crazy but understandable why people give Knicks fans so much shit
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 04:42 PM   #9
smoovegittar
Get over yourself
 
smoovegittar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,102
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Knicks might get a guard for "free". He's better than what you have now, yet you're worried about what? You said this was a Durant type or bust and then you quickly adjusted to Robin Lopez and afflalo is what you wanted?


Even though you hate it- Carmelo is the best player on the team. He's te best player your team has had in a long time. Porzingis might be the best draft pick the franchise had ever made. (Around here on ish - I was thi only person here going for pick porzingis.)



This team has 2 pieces. Some people are special and shouldn't be criticized. Smooth it gear is a person too. Don't harass him for being retarded- many many people are. But don't let yourself sink into that kind of losers mentality. He has a problem. That doesn't mean you do too.


The best part is that the couple really vocal fans (who deserve to be called fans) will change their tune the next firm Phil tells them to.


I used to think the Denver fan base was soft. Unless ish isnt a good interpretation of fans, it's crazy but understandable why people give Knicks fans so much shit

You're basically one of the reasons Knick fans get so much shit because you're delusional. "The only one who want going for pick Porzingis" You've been riding on Wroten's dick for well over a year now. Thought you might have wisened up in that Wroten thread when the other posters schooled you. But I know you're too pig-headed to pay attention.

You don't like me cause I call you out on bullshit? Too bad for you.

I've been a fan of this team longer than you've been drawing breath. When Melo is long gone, you will be as well. I can wait...
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 12:25 PM   #10
el gringos
College superstar
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,353
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoovegittar
You're basically one of the reasons Knick fans get so much shit because you're delusional. "The only one who want going for pick Porzingis" You've been riding on Wroten's dick for well over a year now. Thought you might have wisened up in that Wroten thread when the other posters schooled you. But I know you're too pig-headed to pay attention.

You don't like me cause I call you out on bullshit? Too bad for you.

I've been a fan of this team longer than you've been drawing breath. When Melo is long gone, you will be as well. I can wait...
I like you responding all the time even when it's like this one. Only I think you switch your view all the time to whatever's the popular public stance.



Wroten is really talented and fast. The Knicks are a really slow team. They have to add the 15 or whatever points a game from running or else the season will just be to hard to win enough games.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2015, 07:19 PM   #11
smoovegittar
Get over yourself
 
smoovegittar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,102
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
I like you responding all the time even when it's like this one. Only I think you switch your view all the time to whatever's the popular public stance.




Wroten is really talented and fast. The Knicks are a really slow team. They have to add the 15 or whatever points a game from running or else the season will just be to hard to win enough games.


I watch every game. I respect other's opinions when they make sense, but I'm not easily swayed. So apparently you're not reading everything.


If this kid is so talented, pray explain why no one wants him. Have you even looked at his numbers of late?

You're an enigma. I'll give YOU credit for consistency, at the very least. But your obsession with one-dimensional players astounds me at times. Carry on -
smoovegittar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 01:06 PM   #12
el gringos
College superstar
 
el gringos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,353
Default Re: Tony Wroten

Can't figure out why they didn't sign Wroten. I saw the list of all the d-league players to watch that are all playing in their showcase and there are some good players. I hope the Knicks name space to sign one or 2. But signing Wroten should have been first.


Lorenzo brown is with nobody?

Jimmer

Nick Johnson


There's a lot of good guys out there to maybe get on 10 day contracts and you 1) have a spot already, 2) have cleanthony, Amundsen, and Sasha on the payroll. How do you not have Wroten? How do you not have a guy from the d league?
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 11:59 AM   #13
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,760
Default Re: Tony Wroten

We're working on a 3 year deal for a guy we could have had for a 10 day months ago lmfao.

Wroten can penetrate but can't shoot a lick. This is a meh move. The timing of it is ridiculous. He was released in December.

BTW, I'm fully aware that the deal is likely non guaranteed

Last edited by franchize : 03-07-2016 at 12:34 PM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 01:29 AM   #14
Patrick Chewing
New Jack Hustler
 
Patrick Chewing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NYC
Posts: 13,457
Default Re: Tony Wroten

gringos redeemed.
Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:04 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy