Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2010, 11:51 PM   #106
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,577
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I seriously have grown to hate Giants fans.ur lil penises get hard n start talkin crap after every little win.Kyle Wilson did fine.we gave up 10 points all game.Yall beat the Panthers with a bum QB,no Peppers and terrible play calling.We played a superbowl contender and lost by one point only cuz we have a horrible O coordinator.That was not Sanchez' fault we lost that game. Brian Schottenheimer wont let him play ball.We musta thrown 90 passes to the flats.Bottom line is if your coordinator makes u throw to an elderly FB.He made Sanchez check down before he could even look down field.It wasnt like he was throwin picks and incompletions.We wasnt goin down field.Thats foor coaching and scheming.We'll see how your giants do when yall play a good team.We gave up one TD and it was because they had excellent field position and some of those pass interference calls were ticky tack.BTW last time i checked Eli threw it to the other team yesterday.

Eli's a bum QB? Sanchez only completed what 7 passes all game? He didnt even have 50 throwing yards. I cant remember a pass he completed on 3rd down, but then again the Jets didnt have many first downs in the first place. Have Sanchez complete 10 passes and break 50 yards and then we can talk about bum QB's.

And there excellent field postion? They had excellent field positon all game because of what...? The Jets secondary. Constant holding and pass interference put the Ravens in good position. Jets fans have been talking up this secondary so much. Look what happened.

And you are wrong to say Eli threw it to the other team yesterday. On every interception he threw it to his recievers hands. On every interception it bounced off the recievers hand and up in to the air for the easy pick. That was not Mannings fault.

As far as I'm concerned I have bragging rights this week.

_______________________

Edit: I apologize for misreading your post. You meant Moore was a bum QB. My bad.

Last edited by Bano114 : 09-13-2010 at 11:57 PM.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 03:52 AM   #107
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES
 
NY-Knicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Knicks nation
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

I couldn't catch the game but apparently they played like crap? Did they really burn the secondary that much, including Darrelle?
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:00 AM   #108
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Clearly your bragging rights don't extend to your reading capabilities cuz I was obviously calling Matt Moore a bum....not Eli.

And even with the secondary getting penalties,we still locked them down.I still don't get how you are tryna disrespect our defense when we only gave up 10 points.And they got good field position because our Offense couldnt move the ball.Say what you want,yall got a win but your defense is not better than ours.Your secondary isnt as good as ours and I STILL can brag about our D.We created turnovers in like one quarter.We got a sack fumble in the very 1st series.We got a pick.What exactly is your point?If you wanna beat your chest because yall won against the horrific Panthers...gahead.If you wanna laugh at us because we lost against a Superbowl contender by one point...gahead.But get your facts str8.We didnt play poorly on D even with the penalties.We shut the Ravens down when it counted.It was our O that let us down and moreso the coordinator thn Sanchez.

BTW Eli said on ESPN himself that he coulda ot some of those balls further down.Im old school so I say if you touch it you catch it but one of those was his fault.The one to Barden tho was sheer Ramses fault. coulda caught that with one hand and I never played organized football in my life.

Last edited by franchize : 09-14-2010 at 10:02 AM.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 01:37 PM   #109
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator
 
knickscity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Home of BullyBall!!!!
Posts: 9,326
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

The defense really didn't give up that touchdown. The bad offense, not advancing the ball up thye field far enough contributed just as much.

I agree the this game was lost due to the offensive coord shackling Sanchez. I don't think he threw the ball down field but once long, and they had an offensive penalty even the,.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 09:42 PM   #110
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,998
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY-Knicks
I couldn't catch the game but apparently they played like crap? Did they really burn the secondary that much, including Darrelle?
Dont listen to Bano he is a Giants homer and his football intelligence seems to be limited to some degree IMHO.

The Jets 2ndary wasnt up to snuff but this was a poorly coached game on both sides of he ball for the Jets as well as stupid aggressive penalties that gave the Ravens too many additional chances. The 2 scoring drives continued because of bad penalties by the Jets.

Kyle Wilson and Cromartie were caught in man coverage a lot that Flacco took advantage of.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:41 PM   #111
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,577
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Dont listen to Bano he is a Giants homer and his football intelligence seems to be limited to some degree IMHO.

The Jets 2ndary wasnt up to snuff but this was a poorly coached game on both sides of he ball for the Jets as well as stupid aggressive penalties that gave the Ravens too many additional chances. The 2 scoring drives continued because of bad penalties by the Jets.

Kyle Wilson and Cromartie were caught in man coverage a lot that Flacco took advantage of.

This is what I said. The only person bad skill wise on the Jets IMO was Kyle Wilson. Your secondary is full of very talented players, but if theyre so good...why give up so many yards on pass interference and defensive holding calls? You cant disagree that the good field position was because of penalites on the Jets secondary.

You guys protect Sanchez way to much. He was a big part of why you lost. You cant avoid this forever.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:28 AM   #112
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES
 
NY-Knicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Knicks nation
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Too bad about Kris Jenkins. Do you guys want a trade for Haynesworth? from nfl.com
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:39 PM   #113
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,998
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
This is what I said. The only person bad skill wise on the Jets IMO was Kyle Wilson. Your secondary is full of very talented players, but if theyre so good...why give up so many yards on pass interference and defensive holding calls? You cant disagree that the good field position was because of penalites on the Jets secondary.

You guys protect Sanchez way to much. He was a big part of why you lost. You cant avoid this forever.
Well this is obvious but yet you continuously compare him to Eli.... This is going to be his 3rd year starting at QB since HS duh what expectations do you want to set on that Bano? If the Jets were an awful team then I guess it would be different but since they believe they are playoff bound they want him to not lose the game like he did last year.




Haynesworth Contract is an albatross no way the Jets cheap FO will do that deal unless in the CBA that allows Wash to pay half of that contract!
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:49 PM   #114
franchize
"The Residential Pit"
 
franchize's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 4,711
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

I am not protecting Sanchez at all.Im not even a Sanchez fan.Im just callin it like I see it.If he was throwin picks all over the place I'd say it was on him but anyone who knows anything about football should be able to tell that was poor coaching.He's (Brian Schottenheimer) been babying Sanchez for 2 yrs.He's like Tom Coughlin in that he's too conservative.You could see him and Sanchez flippin frantically throuh pages n Sanchez lookin frustrated.

n i dont want Haynesworth.Not only is he a head case but he isnt doin a damn thing out here in DC.As for the money,he's cheaper than most ppl think because the redskins paid him so much money in that bonus he got
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:22 AM   #115
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,998
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
I am not protecting Sanchez at all.Im not even a Sanchez fan.Im just callin it like I see it.If he was throwin picks all over the place I'd say it was on him but anyone who knows anything about football should be able to tell that was poor coaching.He's (Brian Schottenheimer) been babying Sanchez for 2 yrs.He's like Tom Coughlin in that he's too conservative.You could see him and Sanchez flippin frantically throuh pages n Sanchez lookin frustrated.

n i dont want Haynesworth.Not only is he a head case but he isnt doin a damn thing out here in DC.As for the money,he's cheaper than most ppl think because the redskins paid him so much money in that bonus he got
Had Sanchez been a 3 year starter at Ole Miss like Eli then yes he would be handled differently. Sanchez has not been babied but just like most rookie QB's they lock onto 1 receiver and make poor decisions. Last year once the Jets got with in a ear shot of the playoffs they pulled in the reigns. This year after 1 game you can see the reigns are still on. Again you dont watch the Jets enough to say this guy has been babied because you sound foolish. He was allowed to throw last year for the first half of the season and he wasnt effective. Last year he had no check down backs so now he is OD'ing on it.

So yes Eli is better than Sanchez a player going into his 7th year compared to a player going into his 2nd year. Brilliant comparison by you.

Yes Eli is easily a top 10 QB.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:57 AM   #116
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES
 
NY-Knicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Knicks nation
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Sunday Football.

Jets vs. Patriots

The high-powered receiving core of New England faces off against pro-bowl CB Darrelle Revis after a week of trash talking between Randy 'Slouch' Moss and Darrelle. The most important part of this game is who will Revis cover and will Antonio Cromartie and Kyle Wilson be able to contend the 'other' main receiver. On NFL Network they had the discussion that Revis should cover Wes but I seriously believe Darrelle needs to keep Randy Moss on Revis Island for the entire game and the remaining CB's and safety's should try to contain Wes Welker.

On offense the Jets will not be facing a powerfull defense like the one they faced last Sunday vs. the Ravens. The Jets hardly had any first downs and had trouble getting the football upfield which put their defense in a tough position. They did not manage to get a touchdown and I was a bit dissapointed by the play of second year QB Mark Sanchez. You can say it wasn't his fault but there is no denying he played bad in that game. The Jets are hoping to get more from runningbacks Shonn Greene and LaDainian Tomlinson. They only had 6 first downs and converted only once out of 11 tries in third down situations. They ran the ball just 21 times even though Rex keeps saying: "Ground and pound". Shonn Greene getting just 5 tries and going for 18 yards rushing is not grounding and pounding to me. LaDainian Tomlinson did get 62 yards on 11 tries in his Jets debut, so that's not bad at all. Hopefully he'll be able to step his game up against a weaker Patriots defense.




Last edited by NY-Knicks : 09-19-2010 at 09:09 AM.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:27 AM   #117
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES
 
NY-Knicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Knicks nation
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Sunday Football.

The Manning Bowl

Giants vs. Colts

Eli Manning and the New York Giants go to Indianapolis to face 4 time NFL MVP Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts for the second Manning Bowl. The first time these two played against each other the Colts got away with a victory. Today the Colts play at home after suffering a tough loss to the Texans last week. The Colts have not started a season 0-2 since Manning's rookie season and will do everything they can to prevent it this season. The Giants are coming off a win against the Carolina Panthers in which Hakeem Nicks had 3 receiving touchdowns. The Giants will use the ground game more against the Colts less-than-stellar front 7. Texans runningback Arian Foster used big holes in the Colts defense on his way to 3 touchdowns and over 200 rushing yards. I saw the game and he made it look way too easy, especially in the fourth quarter. Expect the Giants to use Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs for a lot of plays in this game instead of using the passing game to advance the ball. The Colts will likely focus on our rushing game which wil allow Eli to make easier passes and which will hopefully make him throw less interceptions (even though some weren't his fault). His older brother had a very good game against the Texans last week but still couldn't get a W on the road in Houston. He will have more pressure on him with the powerfull Giants pass rush breathing down his neck.

The key for NY here is exploiting the Colts' front 7 and trying to contain Peyton Manning. They will need to step up their game because their play against the Panthers will not give them a win over the team who made it to the Superbowl last year and who have arguably the best quarterback in the game today. The Giants secondary can not allow big plays by Pierre Garçon and Reggie Wayne in order to win the game. It will be on the Giants pass rush to keep the pressure on Peyton and to force him into making bad throws.



NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:32 PM   #118
Rameek
Krust Kingz
 
Rameek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Tokyo from Brooklyn
Posts: 6,998
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

Giants pass rush vs Indy passblocking....

Gotta go with the Giants

Jets offense vs Pats young defense....

Gotta have the Jets win a close one Must win!.
Rameek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:57 PM   #119
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES
 
NY-Knicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Knicks nation
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

The Jets can win the game if Revis can keep Moss on his island and the other part of the secondary can play good defense. Their offense will have an easier night so it's all on the Jets defense to show us if they are as good as advertised.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #120
NY-Knicks
FIRE PRINGLES
 
NY-Knicks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Knicks nation
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: Off-Topic(Anything non-Knicks related) Respectful Of Course!!

A penalty in this drive which kept the drive alive for NE gave them that touchdown. Lots of short passes, they take advantage of Cromartie a lot.
NY-Knicks is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy