Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-20-2006, 09:21 PM   #1
Admiral
Good High School Starter

Admiral has an OK reputation so far
Default Point guards

Ok, so my point guard situation needs some work, i only have derek fisher and brevin knight. On the free agent market is Randy Foye, who i think has a lot of potential...should i drop one of those two and pick up foye? (nobody has responded to any of the potential trades i have made, so i am trying to be proactive in improving my team and possibly trading position) lemme know!
Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 09:52 PM   #2
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Foye might be a better option than Fisher, but your only way of getting competitive in assists is to make trades. How did you only get two point guards, especially such lowly ones?
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 11:30 PM   #3
Admiral
Good High School Starter

heh...good question, im not really sure...probably not paying attention or somethin i dunno
Old 10-21-2006, 12:10 AM   #4
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Well he won't get you too many assists, but is Rajon Rondo still there? I picked him up for a few of my teams a few nights ago. Looks like he's supposed to start for the Celtics.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:12 AM   #5
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

I think at this point that he might as well just punt the category unless he can get his trade on.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:16 AM   #6
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, you don't need to be strong at every category. If you are weak at one or two categories, than it's all good, because you can still be strong at 8 or 9 categories. The key is to build on your strengths.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 12:59 AM   #7
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

see if deron williams is available. also see if earl watson and mo williams is available. list a few PGs that are available along with your entire team so we can help you out more.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 01:08 AM   #8
jjswifty

jjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation herejjswifty has an incredible reputation here

whats your overall team look like?

What were your trade proposals?
jjswifty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 08:39 AM   #9
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

guys like deron, barbosa, moWill, watson, jaretjack got left out in my 10team league. maybe some of them is still available
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 07:00 PM   #10
Admiral
Good High School Starter

i cleared some of the deals cause i reviewed them and didnt really think they would happen (i am apparently not a very good trader..) i'll check on deron and rondo (i didnt know he was gonna be starting) Thanks a bunch guys, i'm pretty new to fantasy BBall (only my second year), so im still tryin to get a feel for it
Old 10-21-2006, 07:04 PM   #11
Admiral
Good High School Starter

as it stands:
Shareef
Artest
Bogut
Foye
Granger
D. Howard
D. Miles
Brad Miller
Adam Morrison
Mourning
Rondo
A. Stoudemire
D. Wade
Bonzi

Not really much else in the way of PG, so ill have to find a trade somewhere, or just punt it like was suggested
Old 10-21-2006, 07:46 PM   #12
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

man you desperately need threes AND assists.... rank your free agent pool by threes and then do it by assists and find the names you see close to list and add drop. see if you can bait someone into taking amare, bogut, or frye, and giving you a servicable point guard who shoots threes.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:29 PM   #13
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

Adam Morrison - might have better trade value than actual fantasy value. same with foye. taking rooks is usually risky

granger is said to be having a lot of minutes, but he plays similar to alharington. may have good trade value

Mourning - no guaranteed minutes, but will produce if ever shaq gets injured

amare - not sure how his knee will perform

Dmiles- full of potential, bad group of friends haha

try to work on some trades to get you a decent point guards using the players above as trade baits
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: