Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 09-12-2009, 10:59 PM   #16
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Getting excited for the season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon = Lethal Combination.

I think they are perfect complements for each other. I love Blake's husstle and leave it on the floor, attitude.. but I hope he learns to take care of his body, seeing as how he injured his shoulder during Summer League. Thankfully, they say he will be fine by preseason..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 03:25 PM   #17
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebron23
Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon = Lethal Combination.

It could be if Gordon continues to develop and doesn't regress like Thornton and Griffin is even 3/4 of what people expect from him, but its a wait and see.

I do think a Griffin/Jordan combination will be tops for years to come since Griffin should be a decent post defender and Jordan should be among the leagues elite weakside shot blockers (ala Birdman, Camby and what Sean Williams could've been).
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:27 PM   #18
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
It could be if Gordon continues to develop and doesn't regress like Thornton and Griffin is even 3/4 of what people expect from him, but its a wait and see.

I do think a Griffin/Jordan combination will be tops for years to come since Griffin should be a decent post defender and Jordan should be among the leagues elite weakside shot blockers (ala Birdman, Camby and what Sean Williams could've been).

Gordon looked a lot more fluid and efficient his first year compared Thornton. What stood out to me for Thornton his rook season was his slashing ability but more importantly, his athleticism. And we all saw last year what being athletic and not working on your game can get you. But Gordon for me, while a very athletic player, showed me more skill. He has a deadly jumper and great timing on the court. I dont expect to see another al thornton next year from him
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:06 PM   #19
ZeN
PsychedelicHentaiNazi

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
Gordon looked a lot more fluid and efficient his first year compared Thornton. What stood out to me for Thornton his rook season was his slashing ability but more importantly, his athleticism. And we all saw last year what being athletic and not working on your game can get you. But Gordon for me, while a very athletic player, showed me more skill. He has a deadly jumper and great timing on the court. I dont expect to see another al thornton next year from him

I think Thornton as well as many other players on this team, would greatly benefit from having a running offence. It would aid Thornton also in moving the ball, since the system would be structured to it.. but sadly, judging by last season, I dont believe that Dun will ever be open to a free and fluid system where he gives up the reigns to Davis and co. So hopefully you are correct and Al worked profusely on his game this offseason.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: