Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 10-20-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default 10/20 NEts vs PHilly Game Notes

i could not watch the whole thing but based on the 4th quarter:

Bostjan Nachbar is the real deal.

sure this is bench scrubs, but Nachbar shot the J, stroked the 3, rebounded, blocked shots, ran the floor, and played tough D. if he gets PT and shows consistency, look for him to crack the rotation.

Antoine Wright is more confident now. he can finsi haround the basket now and stroking the J. his defense is decent. not good by any stretch as I saw him get cut off on picks more than once, but adequate.

Hassan Adams is NASTY with his dunks. too bad he can't shoot, but he was the recipient of many nice alley oops and his ability to run the floor, step up to defend and force turnovers will be good.

Mile Ilic, is a tall skinny kid who is rather slow on his feet, rather slow on defensive reactions (though he has the right idea goin for blocks), but one heck of a smoothly silky jumper. his only field goal was a shot from near three point range. SWISH!
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:31 AM   #2
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

who was that other guy with the varejao hair, looked like scalabrinie part deux? Man whats with the bench of the nets they look like garbage? Maybe except for the two you mentioned. Do you think the Nets should trade VC for say marion and if ever would a deal like that even work money wise?
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:16 AM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

Nets would not do that. Marion is not a true power forward and cannot complement the Nets system the way he impacts the Suns.

that guy was Matt Walsh. he will be cut from the roster, but man was he funny looking. besides stroking afew contested threes, he also stumbled. almost traveled, and somehow threw a perfect alley oop to Hassan Adams.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:48 AM   #4
dblockrep2
Can barely lace up my sneakers

dblockrep2 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Nets would not do that. Marion is not a true power forward and cannot complement the Nets system the way he impacts the Suns.

that guy was Matt Walsh. he will be cut from the roster, but man was he funny looking. besides stroking afew contested threes, he also stumbled. almost traveled, and somehow threw a perfect alley oop to Hassan Adams.
Out of all the training camp invites Walsh is the only player who will have a shot at making the team if the McInnes situation is resolved. Last night was not his best night but Walsh is basically a younger and cheaper Keith Van Horn.
dblockrep2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 11:36 AM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Default re:

all signs point to McInnis refusing to get anything less than 100% of the money.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:28 PM   #6
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

yup sick dunk by hassan, the pass didnt look like it was on its way. Why wouldnt marion work in NJ couldnt they move RJ to SG?

OT: I hope they show more Nets games here in the Philippines, are brodcasts are basically Lakers, Detroit and the Heat.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:57 PM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

this really sucks not having YES.

oh well... i need to upgrade to windows XP so i can hit that chinese service. :S

wonder if there's some other place on the web to catch some highlights?
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 10:12 PM   #8
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

RichMo has decent reputationRichMo has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
this really sucks not having YES.

oh well... i need to upgrade to windows XP so i can hit that chinese service. :S

wonder if there's some other place on the web to catch some highlights?
I can not get the highlights of the last (Nets/Sixers) game to play on my computer. Is this the same problem you are having. I also got league pass because I no longer live in Jersey. I guess they do not show pre-season games. Anybody know if this is true?
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:01 PM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMo
I can not get the highlights of the last (Nets/Sixers) game to play on my computer. Is this the same problem you are having. I also got league pass because I no longer live in Jersey. I guess they do not show pre-season games. Anybody know if this is true?
highlights? what site are you going to get the highlights from? when this happens, the easiest thing to do is to try another browser. if you couldn't get it to play in firefox, try IE. and vice-versa. or try opera for a third quality browser.

i would be glad to get league pass but i can't even afford cable or satellite these days. i'm semi-disabled and haven't finalised my state disability yet, so money is extremely tight. for now i get just about everything off of the web...
Old 10-22-2006, 11:40 PM   #10
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Quote:
highlights? what site are you going to get the highlights from? when this happens, the easiest thing to do is to try another browser. if you couldn't get it to play in firefox, try IE. and vice-versa. or try opera for a third quality browser.

It worked. Good looking out
Old 10-22-2006, 11:54 PM   #11
gigantes
A piece of fluff

no problem, but what site are you going to?
Old 10-23-2006, 10:26 PM   #12
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Quote:
no problem, but what site are you going to?
The Nets N.B.A site.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: