Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2009, 04:13 PM   #61
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Was an innocent man executed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boogaloo
So what do you do with those animals that kill? lock them up for life? 3 meals a day, get to excercise, warm bed. Some of these monsters cannot be rehabilitated, you even said so yourself some of these guys do not care if they live or die.

there are plenty of things that could done without murdering people... Off the top of my head... here is one.... We could designate a harsh place for them to be sent to.. Send them somewhere where they will be preyed upon like they did to others... thats one idea.. you could put them in position to reap what they have sown without killing them

see? then the government would be observing its own laws about killing people

Quote:
And its not like they are placed on death row and executed the next day. These guys get appeals up the as s. some of them be there for 20 years.

thats is not a plus .. that simply drains tax dollars

expediting the process does not need to = death at the hands of the state at the conclusion....

Quote:
Also better technology and forensic methods will give a more accurate conviction. And we cannot perfect the legal system, NOTHING humans do are perfect, but a death penalty should be an option. It IS a Deterrant. The guy executed cannot become a repeat offender.

^^2 problems with this statement.......

better technology isnt the issue here... We have sufficient technology and have had it for many years now... the problem comes with the human beings implementing this technology...

re-read the title of the thread and know that innocent people die in this country at the hands of the state when it doesnt have to be that way...

and secondly if Humans arent perfect then we have no business assigning the ultimate punishment to someone...

by your logic, some dead innocent people is just part of doing business....

Quote:
Sometimes killing needs to be done. This is the world. There are some people who are evil and should not be walking.

if you could come up a system that doesnt punish innocent people thru its flaws, then you'd have a point...

But saying 'sometimes killing needs to be done' is hypocritical... The guy who killed somebody probably said the same thing before he did his deed

that logic doesnt work when you have already admitted that the system isnt perfect and innocent people will die... because you are playing God only without the omnipotence and clarity of a God.

If the government doesnt feel the need to find a better system if only for the sake of the innocent people who die at their hands every year, then it is showing thru its actions how little respect it has for innocent life and the principle of innocent people not being punished and put to death for things they did not do

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 09-09-2009 at 04:19 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:42 PM   #62
Smokee
Banned

Not every criminal may think about getting the death penalty during the heat of the moment, but if its premeditated at all they sure as hell do. Yeah they worry about dealing drugs in drug free school zones too, or anything that would be a felony vs a lesser crime. Its the same principle. Except the death penalty being the worst case scenario punishment where their pissing their pants, trying to find God, begging for appeals and forgiveness as their hauled with a bag over their head to the chair. There are stories about some of the most hardened murderers pissing their pants as theyre about to be executed.

You'd never see that type of remorse from someone just serving life in prison. Thats a joke to anyone who has already been through the system throughout their life. These guys aren't getting raped, they're the rapers. They run the prison, i mean we're talking about the most hardened criminals worthy of the death penalty here, not some average Joe that gets locked up and has to worry about someone putting their dick in his ass.

I also stand by my statement of a fact check that it supposedly costs more to execute someone than life in prison. The clerks, witnesses, etc. must be WAY overpaid for their services if that is true whatsoever. It doesn't make sense on any level that it would cost more than 3 meals a day and housing for 10-20 years. There are a lot of these type of statements that i think people just makeup and perpetuate like its true without it being factual. Similar to how anti weed proponents pretend like it costs the government more to legalize weed, than the profit they could make from it. WTF kind of logic is that?
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #63
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Not every criminal may think about getting the death penalty during the heat of the moment, but if its premeditated at all they sure as hell do. Yeah they worry about dealing drugs in drug free school zones too, or anything that would be a felony vs a lesser crime. Its the same principle. Except the death penalty being the worst case scenario punishment where their pissing their pants, trying to find God, begging for appeals and forgiveness as their hauled with a bag over their head to the chair. There are stories about some of the most hardened murderers pissing their pants as theyre about to be executed.

You'd never see that type of remorse from someone just serving life in prison. Thats a joke to anyone who has already been through the system throughout their life. These guys aren't getting raped, they're the rapers. They run the prison, i mean we're talking about the most hardened criminals worthy of the death penalty here, not some average Joe that gets locked up and has to worry about someone putting their dick in his ass.

I also stand by my statement of a fact check that it supposedly costs more to execute someone than life in prison. The clerks, witnesses, etc. must be WAY overpaid for their services if that is true whatsoever. It doesn't make sense on any level that it would cost more than 3 meals a day and housing for 10-20 years. There are a lot of these type of statements that i think people just makeup and perpetuate like its true without it being factual. Similar to how anti weed proponents pretend like it costs the government more to legalize weed, than the profit they could make from it. WTF kind of logic is that?

No one feels sorry for someone who commits murder. I believe this thread is about innocent people being put to death by the state.

Dumbass.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: