Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-17-2011, 11:29 PM   #46
bizil
National High School Star

bizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: James Worthy vs Dominique Wilkins

For me I gotta roll with Nique. I feel Worthy could have been a number one option on a team that needed it. However I'm not sure Worthy was on the level of scoring studs at the SF like Nique, Bird, Doc, English, BK, Dantley, or Aguirre. Talent wise Big Game had the tools to be like those guys scoring wise. But did he have the MENTALITY those guys had night in and night out. I think James would stepped up cause he had those moments as a Laker at times. But I don't think he could do it on the level of a Nique, BK, or Bird. Rebounding and longevity wise I will also give the edge to Nique. Defensive wise and passing I will give the edge to James. Neither was the point forward capability type of SF like Bird, Barry, Havlicek, or Pip. Baylor, Dr. J, and Nique are simply the KINGS of the high scoring number one option, ultra athletic SF. Worthy along with many others have similar skills but not as dominant as those three.
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:30 PM   #47
kaiiu
Banned

kaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected posterkaiiu is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizil
For me I gotta roll with Nique. I feel Worthy could have been a number one option on a team that needed it. However I'm not sure Worthy was on the level of scoring studs at the SF like Nique, Bird, Doc, English, BK, Dantley, or Aguirre. Talent wise Big Game had the tools to be like those guys scoring wise. But did he have the MENTALITY those guys had night in and night out. I think James would stepped up cause he had those moments as a Laker at times. But I don't think he could do it on the level of a Nique, BK, or Bird. Rebounding and longevity wise I will also give the edge to Nique. Defensive wise and passing I will give the edge to James. Neither was the point forward capability type of SF like Bird, Barry, Havlicek, or Pip. Baylor, Dr. J, and Nique are simply are the KINGS of the high scoring number one option, ultra athletic SF. Worthy along with many others have similar skills but not as dominant as those three.
LOL @ PULLIN UP A 2 YEAR OLD THREAD AND COMMENTING LIKE U JUST JUMPED INTO THE CONVO

But Nique
kaiiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 11:39 PM   #48
bizil
National High School Star

bizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation herebizil has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiiu
LOL @ PULLIN UP A 2 YEAR OLD THREAD AND COMMENTING LIKE U JUST JUMPED INTO THE CONVO

But Nique

I know!! I was doing a search and this thread came up!! I was like hell let me add my 2 cents! I'm new to the site!! That shit is hella funny though!!
bizil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 12:06 AM   #49
97 bulls
5-time NBA All-Star

97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable97 bulls is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think they're similar as far as talent. I do think worhty would've scored similar to wilkins in his position. But worthy wouldn't lead a team. At 29 he was comming off the bench. Rookie george lynch started instead. But in wilkins role I see him getting 25 ppg. There's not much difference between the two
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: