Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2009, 08:08 AM   #1
ashar008
Banned

ashar008 has decent reputation
Default How good of a movie was Blade Runner?

Just saw this movie again after a long time yesterday. Man did it bring back memories. IMO its the best science fiction movie ever made. What do you guys think top 5 or 10?
ashar008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:12 AM   #2
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Lamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLamar Doom is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How good of a movie was Blade Runner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashar008
Just saw this movie again after a long time yesterday. Man did it bring back memories. IMO its the best science fiction movie ever made. What do you guys think top 5 or 10?

top 10, it's gotten a little stale for me in that it isn't as re-watchable as some of my other favorite sci-fis but it's definitely a classic, philip dick has some doozies.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Which version did you see? I liked both the original and the director's cut but I'm in the minority in that I liked the original better. Critics and Harrison Ford always say they hate the narration in the original, but I kinda liked it. It added a kind of nostalgic noir mood to the film and it's corniness tended to complement Rutger Hauer's over the top acting.

Question: Did Hauer's character let Decker live because he is a replicant too?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:27 AM   #4
MarloStanfield
My Name Is My Name

MarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMarloStanfield is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

top notch stuff. a true classic. insta-f*cking-classic.
MarloStanfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:58 AM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Great movie. It has a quality where it sinks in slowly and draws you back to watch it again.

Only thing I dont really like are all the garish 80's fashions which are freightening, lol...
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:19 AM   #6
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul

Anyone? Anyone?
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:37 AM   #7
simcjt
The bodyguard

simcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablesimcjt is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Anyone? Anyone?
Scott said he was in an interview years after the release but Ford has said he was not based on when he signed on. Had a course last semester in which we discussed it. I can find the sources if that's not enough
simcjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:04 PM   #8
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

It was a very good movie, but not nearly as good as the book it's inpired on, "do androids dream of electric sheep?". Now that is a masterpiece.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #9
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

I thought it was a decent movie.... When it came out, the only reason people went to see it was because Harrison Ford was in it.. He was the top guy back then
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 12:46 PM   #10
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

greatest sci-fi film ever.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:19 PM   #11
ukplayer4
NBA lottery pick

ukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukplayer4 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

another masterpiece that was recieved badly on initial release(fans and critics), or at very best divided people. tbh it still divides people but has earnt its place as a classic. for me a top 15 film of the genre, for most it is probably a top 10. "time to die" is one of the very best scenes in the history of cinema, hands down.
ukplayer4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:48 PM   #12
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Which version did you see? I liked both the original and the director's cut but I'm in the minority in that I liked the original better. Critics and Harrison Ford always say they hate the narration in the original, but I kinda liked it. It added a kind of nostalgic noir mood to the film and it's corniness tended to complement Rutger Hauer's over the top acting.

I thought he let him live b/c as he is dying he appreciates life too much to kill anymore
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:52 PM   #13
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I thought it was implied in some ways that Decker was a replicant. But I think Batty knew he was about to expire, obviously, and he wanted to make sure someone knew about the things he had experienced before they became 'tears in the rain'. Like any man, he wanted to leave some sort of legacy, be remembered. I think he figured there was no point in killing him at that point.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #14
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

It's rated really high.

I had to study the film in College.... I personally think it's overrated.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:47 PM   #15
momo
Value Ape.

momo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postermomo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I do not know about top 10 as we have a LOT of classics to compete with but it is great.
momo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: