Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #16
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How good of a movie was Blade Runner?

top 10 definitely
top 5 possiby

I think it is implied that decker was indeed an android as well.
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:04 PM   #17
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Imo its one of the most overrated sci fi movies ever. It was barely sci fi, they might as well been in China Town shooting at each other, with some racial conflict going on instead of synthetic vs human crap.
Smokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:09 PM   #18
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokee
Imo its one of the most overrated sci fi movies ever. It was barely sci fi, they might as well been in China Town shooting at each other, with some racial conflict going on instead of synthetic vs human crap.
youve got it wrong. it wasn't racial conflict. it was the question of "what is truly alive?" "can the androids who have achieved self awareness be considered living?"
Old 09-09-2009, 05:16 PM   #19
Smokee
Banned

Smokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected posterSmokee is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
youve got it wrong. it wasn't racial conflict. it was the question of "what is truly alive?" "can the androids who have achieved self awareness be considered living?"

yeah its been a long time since i've watched it, but i've seen it more than a few times. I just remember there being some kind of conflict where Rutger Hauer running around half nekkid in the end where him and some girl are painted with stripes, she dies, and then he roid rages or whatever that was on Harrison Ford.

I kind of liked the dingy city setting, but its just not what i consider a true sci fi flick, more than like a drama set in the future.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #20
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
yeah its been a long time since i've watched it, but i've seen it more than a few times. I just remember there being some kind of conflict where Rutger Hauer running around half nekkid in the end where him and some girl are painted with stripes, she dies, and then he roid rages or whatever that was on Harrison Ford.

I kind of liked the dingy city setting, but its just not what i consider a true sci fi flick, more than like a drama set in the future.
i have to disagree with you. i think the best sci fi takes humanity and human situations and superimposes it over a sci fi setting.

for instance: the recent BSG series. That was some of the best sci fi ever seen on tv, but it had just as much contemporary themes to it as it did sci fi.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:21 PM   #21
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
i have to disagree with you. i think the best sci fi takes humanity and human situations and superimposes it over a sci fi setting.

for instance: the recent BSG series. That was some of the best sci fi ever seen on tv, but it had just as much contemporary themes to it as it did sci fi.

plus it was almost impossible to find an ugly woman on that show. even Roslin was a milf.
kentatm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:22 PM   #22
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
plus it was almost impossible to find an ugly woman on that show. even Roslin was a milf.
true dat
Old 09-09-2009, 05:24 PM   #23
HighFlyer23
National High School Star

HighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat coolHighFlyer23 is considered somewhat cool

jurassic park > blade runner
HighFlyer23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:26 PM   #24
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFlyer23
jurassic park > blade runner
apples..oranges
Old 09-09-2009, 05:30 PM   #25
Smokee
Banned

Quote:

We probably just have different tastes since i really disliked the new BSG also. Yeah i know a lot of people were huge fans of it, along with it getting rave reviews, but it just didn't do it for me. All of the hallucinations, flashbacks, etc. really turned me off. I was expecting it to be more like the old BSG where they land on planets or some space plot, and somehow silons get involved, and they battle it out.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:32 PM   #26
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
We probably just have different tastes since i really disliked the new BSG also. Yeah i know a lot of people were huge fans of it, along with it getting rave reviews, but it just didn't do it for me. All of the hallucinations, flashbacks, etc. really turned me off. I was expecting it to be more like the old BSG where they land on planets or some space plot, and somehow silons get involved, and they battle it out.
don't get me wrong, i loved the cheesy old BSG and space operas of star wars as well, but i think the new one was written excellently. i like all kinds of sci fi really.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:16 PM   #27
Aldridge Fan
Go Blazers!

Aldridge Fan has decent reputationAldridge Fan has decent reputation

Great movie. A classic. One of the best sci-fi's ever. Especially for the time it was made just amazes me how well Ridley Scott created this. Two thumbs up.
Aldridge Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: