Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-10-2009, 12:27 AM   #16
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Jay Electronica bringin the HEAT

there was a rumor going around that Diddy was trying to sign jay to bad boy, since jay did some ghostwriting for him. don't know how I feel about that lol.

just blaze has been working with him a lot though
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=53555
Quote:
Super producer Just Blaze is ready for his next project. The hit maker who has crafted monster singles for such rap heavyweights as Jay-Z, T.I. and Fabolous recently spoke to XXLMag.com about his work with up-and-coming MC Jay Electronica.

“Jay Electronica is the next thing that I’m gonna put a lot of my focus in to,” Blaze said.

The cult rapper’s name has been buzzing for quite some time. Finding fans in Nas – he produced the song “Queens Get the Money” on the rapper’s last album - The Alchemist and Mos Def - with whom he is currently touring – the New Orleans rapper is probably most known for having a baby with ex-girlfriend Erykah Badu earlier this year.

According to JB, Electronica has been offered several deals to put out some material. “There is a deal on the table, he said. “Actually there are multiple things on the table. There [is] actually some interest from some pretty major players. I’ve sat down with a few folks about it and it wasn’t like I solicited it from them, they came to me like ‘What are you guys doing?’”

As far as what that project will be, JB had this to say, “More than likely what it’s gonna end up being is a full length EP. I’ll probably executive produce it, I won’t be doing the whole thing, because there are certain producers that have sounds that he sounds good on that I don’t do. We still have to iron out the particular terms of the business side of it. But more than likely that’s what it’s gonna.”

Yet fans should keep their fingers crossed, because as Blaze says, the New Orleans born MC is a hard person to lock down. “One of the hard things about that was is he’s such a floater,” he shared. “Now [he] has a certain responsibility to the fans that [he] created. So it’s like you gotta lock down and focus. We’re in the process of figuring all of that out now.” – Max G with reporting by Rob Markman

i think the best possible scenario for jay career-wise would be to reach a lupe fiasco level of success, being able to sell reasonably well while not dumbing down the content of his music. but of course thats wishful thinking.
blasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:31 AM   #17
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
i think the best possible scenario for jay career-wise would be to reach a lupe fiasco level of success, being able to sell reasonably well while not dumbing down the content of his music. but of course thats wishful thinking.

Yeah, that is wishful thinking especially since he'd rely on the 'Wayne=GOAT' crowd for album sales

Canibus, Part II?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #18
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

blasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation hereblasian has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Yeah, that is wishful thinking especially since he'd rely on the 'Wayne=GOAT' crowd for album sales

lol, well, they're both from New Orleans. I find it oddly ironic that a Southern emcee is making east coast hip hop better than any new east coast hip hop artist out right now lol. Jay Elec blowing up would be huge in terms of bridging the gap between east coast and southern hip hop

Quote:
Canibus, Part II?
No. Jay is much more than a punchline rapper. he understands song writing and creating and executing concepts. he's a much more versatile emcee than Canibus ever was. He also has a much better ear for beats
Old 09-10-2009, 12:39 AM   #19
silky_smooth
I hit open layups

silky_smooth has not been impressing people

Watch this interview though if you haven't already.

Rock the Bells interview

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5idLBalxOHM

Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBAJ4...eature=related
silky_smooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:43 AM   #20
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasian
lol, well, they're both from New Orleans. I find it oddly ironic that a Southern emcee is making east coast hip hop better than any new east coast hip hop artist out right now lol. Jay Elec blowing up would be huge in terms of bridging the gap between east coast and southern hip hop

Same here. I was shocked when I found out he was from NO, he's got that old school East Coast thing going for him.

Quote:
No. Jay is much more than a punchline rapper. he understands song writing and creating and executing concepts. he's a much more versatile emcee than Canibus ever was. He also has a much better ear for beats

Didn't really mean in style, just in the end product. Not having the ability or interest in going mainstream and making a 'big pimpin' track.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:48 AM   #21
blasian
The Afrocentric Asian

Quote:
Didn't really mean in style, just in the end product. Not having the ability or interest in going mainstream and making a 'big pimpin' track.

nah when Canibus first came out he had every intention of going mainstream lol. Dude was getting HUGE buzz just off of guest appearances. Canibus came out during a time in which lyrical rappers could still sell a good amount of records. the hype for him was tremendous, especially after 2nd Round KO. he was supposed to represent the next evolution in emceeing after Rakim and Nas. but the first album ended up being a major disappointment and he burned a lot of bridges after his beef with LL and his falling out with Wyclef. It was only after he failed at making it in the mainstream that he went the underground route.

I think Jay Elec will do a bit better. he has a lot of industry connections through his ghostwriting, and he seems to be much more aware of who he is as an artist.
Old 09-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #22
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

NotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputationNotYetGreat has a terrific reputation

Eternal Sunshine = Lyrical onslaught.

Just thought I'd also point out that the instrumental used for So What You Sayin' was also on Jay Stay Paid, except it was MF Doom rapping and it was called "Fire Wood Drumstix".
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: