Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Memphis Grizzlies Forum

Memphis Grizzlies Forum Memphis Grizzlies forum - Memphis Grizzlies message board

Old 09-09-2009, 10:54 AM   #1
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Mississippi has decent reputation
Exclamation It's Official

Quote:
Allen Iverson has agreed to terms with the Memphis Grizzlies and will sign a one-year deal by weeks end, a league source told Yahoo! Sports on Wednesday.

Hes expected to sign a $3.5 million contract, with incentives to make more based on performance.

God chose Memphis as the place that I will continue my career, Iverson wrote on his Twitter page on Wednesday morning. I met with [owner Mike Heisley], [GM] Chris Wallace and my next head coach, Lionel Hollins.
Mississippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation
Default Re: It's Official

After this, I'm done with the grizzlies. if someday Heisley sells the team maybe I'll be back to support them. It was a true pleasure to talk to you, guys!
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 02:08 PM   #3
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco
After this, I'm done with the grizzlies. if someday Heisley sells the team maybe I'll be back to support them. It was a true pleasure to talk to you, guys!
It's pretty sad that you'd stop rooting for the Grizzlies because of this. I know this wasn't the best move hell but trading Gasol was worse than this and you stuck around. No reason to walk out now.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #4
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Williams and Young can say goodbye to the potential minutes they were going to get, because they're all going to Iverson now.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #5
berraco
Darko The Ripper

berraco has decent reputationberraco has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mississippi
It's pretty sad that you'd stop rooting for the Grizzlies because of this. I know this wasn't the best move hell but trading Gasol was worse than this and you stuck around. No reason to walk out now.

This move is the last drop, not the reason. This is just a nonsense. It doesn't help anybody in the grizzlies team except for Heisley if Iverson is able to increase the attendance. I'm fed up of this front office that makes all their moves like a weathercock in changing winds... They do not have any plan for this team. Even Gasol's trade, being really bad, made more sense than most of the deals this team has done in the past... Really, with this owner and Chris Wallace there is no hope for the Grizzlies as a basketball team. So that's why I'm leaving for a while.
berraco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:22 PM   #6
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
Williams and Young can say goodbye to the potential minutes they were going to get, because they're all going to Iverson now.
What are the chances we still sign Mike Taylor? Either way I will remain optimistic about this team. I think we could have done alot better with our cap space but whether we like it or not this is our team next year and I will support them no matter what.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
phoenix18
4/27/91-7/23/09

phoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterphoenix18 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Its official, this forum is dead.
phoenix18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:36 PM   #8
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Just became a Grizzlies fan...Cause Iverson is that dude...this move hurts no one. good addition for 1 year and see if it pans out. Iverson will help Conley and Mayo develop and put points on the board. Great move for the Grizzlies!
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

lets hope for the best...
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:42 PM   #10
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18

Will make it active, dont worry
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #11
JerzeyBlaze
BBall gets u cut

JerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat coolJerzeyBlaze is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by berraco

I have a question for you Berraco...why would you quit on your team cause of a one year signing? after 1 year if it doesnt work out, then they will probably let iverson go. Im not going to act like im a huge huge grizzly fan, but many others who are fans of Iverson...just like me will be following this team now. Thats a good thing. Iverson, Mayo, and Gay...thats alot of talent. If Randolph gets it right and if Thabeet does well...this looks like a team that can surprise alot of people this season.

Some things i hear about iverson are that he will take away all the minutes and his attitude. but its simply not true. Detroit was a bad situation for him...give him shot and see what happens.
JerzeyBlaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 03:56 PM   #12
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox

Kebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKebab Stall is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix18
This forum was one of the most active on the board around the time of the draft and for about 4 or so weeks during the summer was the 3rd most active team forum on ISH. It's dead now because little has gone on and there's only about 6 or so regular Grizz members.

Just watch all the new guys enter this forum once we start winning games and make are triumphant return to the playoffs and then knock the Lakers off the top spot in the West and then win the Finals.

Then who'll be laughing?

*evil laugh* HAHAHAHAHA */evil laugh*
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
Mississippi
Playoffs? Playoffs!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kebab Stall
This forum was one of the most active on the board around the time of the draft and for about 4 or so weeks during the summer was the 3rd most active team forum on ISH. It's dead now because little has gone on and there's only about 6 or so regular Grizz members.

Just watch all the new guys enter this forum once we start winning games and make are triumphant return to the playoffs and then knock the Lakers off the top spot in the West and then win the Finals.

Then who'll be laughing?

*evil laugh* HAHAHAHAHA */evil laugh*
Old 09-09-2009, 04:14 PM   #14
BigSims2108
Decent playground baller

BigSims2108 has an OK reputation so far

All right guys, calm down. It's only a one year deal! What can't possibly get any worse. I think it's worth a try... We'll have to see.
BigSims2108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:41 PM   #15
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Haven't been posting because I honestly have nothing to say about the signing.

Can someone replace Emeka and Monta in my avatar with Lee and James Harden?
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: