Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-21-2006, 02:02 PM   #16
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Man Utd. calm down, Ronaldo is talented but he was ways to go before he gets to the levels of Henry, Ronaldinho, Ballack, Shevchenko, Kaka...I'm a ManU junkie but also a realist.
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #17
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Phesto has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Man Utd. calm down, Ronaldo is talented but he was ways to go before he gets to the levels of Henry, Ronaldinho, Ballack, Shevchenko, Kaka...I'm a ManU junkie but also a realist.

I totally agree (accept for calling United: "ManU"...you sound like a sportsnet news anchor).

However, based on this season, Ronaldo is arguably having the best season out of all those players mentioned (both domestically and while playing for Portugal). He's been consistently good in every game he's played this season. Even in the loss the Arsenal (where his turnover ultimately lead to the Arsenal goal) he seemed like the only United player that was really up for the game and causing trouble for Arsenal.
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:31 PM   #18
ManUtd
Banned

ManUtd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

This season, Ronaldo's been playing better than all the players you've mentioned.
Sure, they're all great players and I'm not saying that some of them aren't better than Cristiano but are they more talented and do they have more potential? Hmm.
Ronaldo is 21. When he's 23-24 he"ll be as dominant as Ronaldinho was last year. He's that talented. He's basically Ronaldinho with speed but with worse passing. Once he develops that passing, he"ll be unstoppable.
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:03 PM   #19
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I hate it so much when people bring age into consideration when deciding who the best of something is. Who cares if he's 21? Does that make him more skilled because he's younger? No. It makes him more skilled FOR HIS AGE. Had you put that as the title, the answer may have very well been CR, but that's not the case.

It's the same way with LeBron. People say he's the best player in the league because he's 22, or whatever. They say he can still improve a lot over the next few years. WHO CARES? That has absolutely nothing to do with how talented he is RIGHT NOW. And it's the same for CR, or any young athlete.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:04 PM   #20
Kobe24
Banned

Kobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat coolKobe24 is considered somewhat cool

Eto> crybaby
Kobe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:14 PM   #21
Kemosabe
High School Varsity 6th Man

Kemosabe has decent reputation

I am portuguese so i could be biased. I think C Ronaldo is the best young player in da world but is a little irregular and could be sometimes show a bit arrogancy however he as tons of potencial talent.
Hes not aswespeak the best player in the world (ronaldinho defenatly) but in 1 or 2 years he could be, depending on Man Utd and Portuguese national team perform.
Kemosabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:58 PM   #22
Jerm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd
This season, Ronaldo's been playing better than all the players you've mentioned.
Sure, they're all great players and I'm not saying that some of them aren't better than Cristiano but are they more talented and do they have more potential? Hmm.
Ronaldo is 21. When he's 23-24 he"ll be as dominant as Ronaldinho was last year. He's that talented. He's basically Ronaldinho with speed but with worse passing. Once he develops that passing, he"ll be unstoppable.

You're a kid, how old was Henry in '98? He was France's leading goal scorer and he won the world cup. Henry has always been a beast, scoring countless number of goals in the premiership, faster than Ronaldo and has a cooler head.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:28 PM   #23
ManUtd
Banned

ManUtd has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You're a kid, how old was Henry in '98? He was France's leading goal scorer and he won the world cup. Henry has always been a beast, scoring countless number of goals in the premiership, faster than Ronaldo and has a cooler head.

First of all, I'm not a kid. I've following soccer since 95 or so..
Henry is a beast, no doubt about it but was he really that great in 98? I don't remember.
I remember that Thuram scored 2 goals vs Croatia while Zidane 2x and Petit scored vs Brazil. I don't remember any other games by France..
Henry wasn't that good at Juventus, that's why they picked Trezegeut. Huge mistake btw..
Henry was always a beast, I'm not debating that however Cristiano's been a better player this season.
Both are incredibly talented.
ManUtd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:40 PM   #24
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Kind of silly to argue about it anyways since they don't even play the same position. Besides, you're both United fans so do we really need to argue about how good an Arsenal player is? ;)
Old 10-21-2006, 04:41 PM   #25
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

This is the only thing ronaldo is talented at...

Ronaldo cant hit a freekick i dont know why fergie lets him take freekicks. He ALAWYS shanks them. Another annoying thing is when he dives when he could easily jsut play the ball and score. (gary payton) He is a big baby and got rooney a red card. ManUtd btw ur a bandwagon fan. Why?> Im legit. My dad lived in rochdale, manchester for 20 years or so of his life.

Last edited by Hawker : 10-21-2006 at 04:45 PM.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:52 PM   #26
Jerm

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManUtd
First of all, I'm not a kid. I've following soccer since 95 or so..
Henry is a beast, no doubt about it but was he really that great in 98? I don't remember.
I remember that Thuram scored 2 goals vs Croatia while Zidane 2x and Petit scored vs Brazil. I don't remember any other games by France..
Henry wasn't that good at Juventus, that's why they picked Trezegeut. Huge mistake btw..
Henry was always a beast, I'm not debating that however Cristiano's been a better player this season.
Both are incredibly talented.

He played in only 16 games for Juventus and scored about 5 goals, they sold him for 10million pounds back then to Arsenal for a reason.

Last edited by Jerm : 10-21-2006 at 05:03 PM.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:56 PM   #27
ST JIMMY
Banned

ST JIMMY has an OK reputation so far

1) This is a basketball forum
2) You need to be banned for life
ST JIMMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:06 PM   #28
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

St jimmy stfu k thx
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:30 PM   #29
Ricardo Tubbs
High School JV MVP

Ricardo Tubbs has an OK reputation so far

Ricardo Tubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #30
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
This is the only thing ronaldo is talented at...

Ronaldo cant hit a freekick i dont know why fergie lets him take freekicks. He ALAWYS shanks them. Another annoying thing is when he dives when he could easily jsut play the ball and score. (gary payton) He is a big baby and got rooney a red card. ManUtd btw ur a bandwagon fan. Why?> Im legit. My dad lived in rochdale, manchester for 20 years or so of his life.

1. I don't know how big a fan you are if you're slagging off United's best player this season.
2. He's scored on numerous free kicks and since he's FKs are struck so hard, there are often rebounds and tap-ins.
3. He hasn't dove this season and continues to be the most fouled player on the team. He's run through numerous tackles where last season he would have gone down. I chalk it up to him being more mature and adjusting to the English game (this isn't Italy, after all).
4. Not only are you a legit United fan but you're hrdk0r as well.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: