Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2009, 04:45 PM   #1
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Blueprint 3 selling 300-350k, Cuban Linx2 selling 55-60k

v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:47 PM   #2
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Blueprint 3 selling 300-350k, Cuban Linx2 selling 55-60k

Yeah... this seems more realistic.

Even tho I was extremely surprised at Raekwon even being in the Itunes list, let alone as the top seller overall.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #3
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

who cares?
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #4
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerface
who cares?

Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:18 PM   #5
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazerface
who cares?

Kids these days actually base what kind of music they like on how many albums it sells.

It has become completely about image and "what's hot", as opposed to simply being about good music.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:19 PM   #6
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Nelly... these guys are top 10 all time in album sales. Not a measure of quality of content. I'm sure if Raekwon was married to Beyonce, his album sales might be a tad higher

Doesn't change the fact, Cuban Linx 2>>>Blueprint 3
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:20 PM   #7
lazerface
everything must go

lazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected posterlazerface is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automajic23

why would i be mad? i like jay-z.
lazerface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Nelly... these guys are top 10 all time in album sales. Not a measure of quality of content. I'm sure if Raekwon was married to Beyonce, his album sales might be a tad higher

Doesn't change the fact, Cuban Linx 2>>>Blueprint 3

LOL who would buy a Jay-Z album because of Beyonce? That's just retarded.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #9
Al Thornton
the mind is so complex

Al Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAl Thornton is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit

Not what he's saying dumb****, if Rae was married to a person on that level of celebrity he probably would be too.
Al Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:40 PM   #10
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit

Just saying, Jay's in the spotlight/media eye more. His name is more recognizable to the casual fan than Rae's. It's not like it was unexpected and worthy, and it isn't a marker of quality like I said.

Questions that need honest, unbiased answers... if you have that capacity-

1) Are you really surprised by the sales numbers? If so, why?
2) Do you think BP3>CL 2?
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:48 PM   #11
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

To be fair to the OP, this was a reply to my gloating to the thread I made.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 05:51 PM   #12
v-unit
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Thornton
Not what he's saying dumb****, if Rae was married to a person on that level of celebrity he probably would be too.

The fuck? Calm down, I misunderstood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Questions that need honest, unbiased answers... if you have that capacity-

1) Are you really surprised by the sales numbers? If so, why?
2) Do you think BP3>CL 2?

1) I'm not actually surprised by the sale numbers. Jay has probably the second biggest popularity overall in Hip Hop next to Eminem (650k first week for Relapse with shitty videos and promotion, how does that even make sense?)

2) I think it's better only because I'm not a fan of the Wu's style of rap, gritty beats like they use, and the style is just repetitive for me. In my opinion, it has too many features and it's all monotone, kind of like Drake and a lot of Nas. It just gets boring, I think Jay can change his voice/emotion on a track better to make it easier to listen to. Call it swagger or whatever you call it, I think its a big part of rap and I think Jay has that on Rae. I could see how people say Rae's album is better though. I didn't give it a true listen either, its just not for me.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:52 PM   #13
v-unit
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
To be fair to the OP, this was a reply to my gloating to the thread I made.

;)

lol
Old 09-09-2009, 06:41 PM   #14
Automajic23
Playground Legend

Automajic23 is considered somewhat coolAutomajic23 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
Kids these days actually base what kind of music they like on how many albums it sells.

It has become completely about image and "what's hot", as opposed to simply being about good music.

I respect a man that is in it for the business as well as the music. Just like I respect lebron for being one of the greatest ballers today but also wanting to be a billionaire.
Automajic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: