Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2009, 09:05 PM   #16
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

DonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDonDadda59 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Obamas Speech to Congress

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAWN
obama is kicking ass.

"bro, if you misrepresent our plan, im calling you out", or something like that

I was on the fence about Obama's leadership until tonight. Let's see how the Glenn Becks of the world try to spin b.s. from his speech points.
DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 PM   #17
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Have they always had these responses from the opposing party? I don't remember them until this year.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #18
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So I've watched the first five minutes and I'm blown away at how much his opening resembles a Bush speech.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:43 PM   #19
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
So I've watched the first five minutes and I'm blown away at how much his opening resembles a Bush speech.

Could you elaborate on that?
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:45 PM   #20
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
Could you elaborate on that?
Start at about 2:40 and if you can't see the resemblance I don't know what to say.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:48 PM   #21
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
Start at about 2:40 and if you can't see the resemblance I don't know what to say.

My computer isn't really working right now.

What's the resemblance like; I def. want to see it when I get the chance.

Not many people think Bush gives good speeches.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #22
AmoebaD
hip to be square

AmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this board

there was one part where he was saying that if anyone had an alternate plan to help reform the system he would gladly hear it. 3 seconds later the camera cuts to this annoyed republican sticking what looks to be his bill in the air staring blankly at Obama.

there were also some sneers when the republicans tried to voice their discontent with the specifics he was offering, the most vocal hissing of the entire speech. overall it was an interesting and concise presentation that would keep all of the citizens who are not up to date on health care reform at least somewhat caught up.

i thought his likening of private and state schools and how they are able to coexist was an effective metaphor for the passing of the public option. as good as he could do in this political climate at least.
AmoebaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:53 PM   #23
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heilige
My computer isn't really working right now.

What's the resemblance like; I def. want to see it when I get the chance.

Not many people think Bush gives good speeches.
Not the inflection, the wording. Only thing that's missing is "my fellow Americans" (even though he comes close). Not bashing Obama or anything, just saying. He snaps out of it pretty quickly.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #24
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Wow endless lies from Obama, good stuff! At least one Congressman had the balls to call him out on a blatant lie. If only some Democrats had done the same to Bush, maybe we never would have gone to Iraq in the first place.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...05083496&EDATE

Quote:
WASHINGTON, Aug. 26 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ ? Tuesday, the Congressional Research Service (CRS), the ?research arm? for the United States Congress, issued a report validating an analysis by the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR), that illegal aliens would be able to receive benefits under the House health care reform bill, America?s Affordable Health Care Act of 2009 (H.R. 3200).

If you've read through this bill, and I have(twice), you'd know that much of what Obama claimed was either a deliberate half-truth at best, or a flat-out lie at worst. This bill will cut from Medicare, it will cause people to lose their private healthcare, it will provide unlimited care to illegal immigrants and what is worse, it won't set in until 3-4 years after the fact, well after Obama is re-elected so he doesn't have to worry about the repercussions of this.

Also, the two questions that need to be asked, that nobody has asked.

1. If we so URGENTLY need this healthcare reform, why won't it be enacted until 2013 according to the bill. Just like the stimulus that we needed to sign immediately otherwise the nation would lose 500 million jobs(Nancy Pelosi's words) yet it doesn't kick in mostly until 2012/2013.

2. If this new government option is so great, why are politicians specifically exempted from it in the bill? Why do they get a separate system? Its good enough for the commoners but not the politicians who we elect?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu4r1xfiO3Q

More politics as usual. This whole thing sounds like Bush pounding his fists about Weapons of Mass Destruction. We're being rushed into something that is uncertain, being lied to by an administration and given the run-around. Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on you America.
PejaNowitzki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:04 PM   #25
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

PejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat coolPejaNowitzki is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonDadda59
$1,000 says the Insurance Company execs are putting a hit out on Obama tonight

You mean like the pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies that he's cutting backdoor deals with? He specifically agreed that he would not allow imported drugs from Canada because you know, that might um, save Americans money?

If you believe this man's charade, you're just as much of a fool as the idiot Bushies from a few years ago. He's selling this nation out to corporate interests, not different from Bush, he just presents a "cooler" image to all the superficial goofballs out there.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:06 PM   #26
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino
i hope he actually talks about that

i dont want to hear it from rush,hannity or beck

edit- or left wingers either olbermann,maddow,mathews

He didn't talk about it. He flat out lied about what is in the bill, why would you expect an actual plan? This was a campaign speech, no more, no less.

For those who want the truth, get a copy of the bill and read through it yourself. The endless ways he contradicted it tonight was mind-boggling.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:07 PM   #27
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
He didn't talk about it. He flat out lied about what is in the bill, why would you expect an actual plan? This was a campaign speech, no more, no less.

For those who want the truth, get a copy of the bill and read through it yourself. The endless ways he contradicted it tonight was mind-boggling.

Do you have a link of a copy of the bill?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:08 PM   #28
YAWN
NBA All-star

YAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterYAWN is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
Wow endless lies from Obama, good stuff! At least one Congressman had the balls to call him out on a blatant lie. If only some Democrats had done the same to Bush, maybe we never would have gone to Iraq in the first place.

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayRe...05083496&EDATE

If you've read through this bill, and I have(twice), you'd know that much of what Obama claimed was either a deliberate half-truth at best, or a flat-out lie at worst. This bill will cut from Medicare, it will cause people to lose their private healthcare, it will provide unlimited care to illegal immigrants and what is worse, it won't set in until 3-4 years after the fact, well after Obama is re-elected so he doesn't have to worry about the repercussions of this.

Also, the two questions that need to be asked, that nobody has asked.

1. If we so URGENTLY need this healthcare reform, why won't it be enacted until 2013 according to the bill. Just like the stimulus that we needed to sign immediately otherwise the nation would lose 500 million jobs(Nancy Pelosi's words) yet it doesn't kick in mostly until 2012/2013.

2. If this new government option is so great, why are politicians specifically exempted from it in the bill? Why do they get a separate system? Its good enough for the commoners but not the politicians who we elect?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu4r1xfiO3Q

More politics as usual. This whole thing sounds like Bush pounding his fists about Weapons of Mass Destruction. We're being rushed into something that is uncertain, being lied to by an administration and given the run-around. Fool us once, shame on you. Fool us twice, shame on you America.

hello bill oreily verbatim

after political speeches and what not i always find myself tuning into fox news for the lulz. you just wrote exactly what he said on the show. good one.
YAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #29
PejaNowitzki
#1 Manute Bol Fan

Thumbs up Re: Obamas Speech to Congress

Quote:

after political speeches and what not i always find myself tuning into fox news for the lulz. you just wrote exactly what he said on the show. good one.

Strong response to the points I made. Get lost and go back to your Kim Kardashian reality show you empty-minded ****.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:10 PM   #30
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Quote:

Why are you saying that; he went after Bush as well? i believe he is a libertarian. Bill O'Reilly is not.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: