Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-09-2009, 10:24 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default I've been doing the treadmill again lately.

I remember posting last summer how I got into really exercising and working out. I would do the treadmill, bike ride, jump rope, swim, etc. and felt great. Then during the winter I sort of stopped. But the past few weeks I've been doing at least 2-3 miles a day and today I did 4 miles. But I just remembered why I loved it. Sure it was hard getting used to it again but now I'm freaking loving it again. All those articles I've read are exactly right, it's just a natural high when you get done running and you feel so good.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:28 PM   #2
AtticusPigeon11
High School JV MVP

AtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat coolAtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: I've been doing the treadmill again lately.

Good for you man! Most definitely a high. I did 7-10 miles for a stretch of time in highschool, and that joint seems so bogus from an outside source; but you're in like a whole different realm when you're pushing your legs till they sizzle battery acid. They say your soul is at peace after you test the limits of your street hunger. Good luck on losing weight and be sure to look into H.I.I.T and stay away from making threads about the 80s and 90s!
AtticusPigeon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:33 PM   #3
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Just getting started on University and I'm already worried I won't have time to exercise I haven't played basketball in a week now and I feel like shit, what am I going to do when course load picks up aghh.

gjdm
v-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 10:41 PM   #4
AtticusPigeon11
High School JV MVP

AtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat coolAtticusPigeon11 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-unit
Just getting started on University and I'm already worried I won't have time to exercise I haven't played basketball in a week now and I feel like shit, what am I going to do when course load picks up aghh.

gjdm

V, what classes u takin? I'd recommend a sleep 4 hours sleep schedule, and a nap after class to optimize the time during the day. And to workout either in the morning or four hours before bedtime and squeezin' your studies, job, and your homies/chicas through the late afternoon and evening.
AtticusPigeon11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:32 PM   #5
TheAnchorman
Luchini from the sky

TheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation hereTheAnchorman has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

gjdm
Yo man I had the same problem freshman year of college, you just gotta schedule your time around. Since you are new it will take you some time to get acclimatized to the college life, but do not worry you will get around it.

I usually look at my schedule and if I don't have any morning classes (or have just 1) I usually work out/play ball at the rec center in the morning, since you usually don't have classes in the evening you can also use that as an option. You will have lots of time in the afternoon to do your homework and/or participate in extras.

And of course, you know what to do with weekends I hope
TheAnchorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

How much weight could you realistically lose by running 2 or 3 miles 3-4 times a week in the span of an entire month? Anyone?
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:49 PM   #7
T.O.RAPS
Raptors|FC Barcelona

T.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this boardT.O.RAPS is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
How much weight could you realistically lose by running 2 or 3 miles 3-4 times a week in the span of an entire month? Anyone?

5-10 lbs i would say with diet...
T.O.RAPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:03 AM   #8
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected posterL.Kizzle is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

gjdm
Drop out of school and become a street ball legend.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:15 AM   #9
PistolPete
The Pistol

PistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected posterPistolPete is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.RAPS
5-10 lbs i would say with diet...

I would think a little more perhaps, no? I was thinking about starting a 800-1000 calorie a day diet along with regular exercise. I'm assuming that between sleep and exercise alone, you should be burning at least 2 or 3 times the amount of what you intake.

I'm trying to get down to 185 from 215. At my height (5'10"), that's probably like 5% body fat. One word: Dedication
PistolPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #10
v-unit
NBA All-star

v-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterv-unit is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by PistolPete
I would think a little more perhaps, no? I was thinking about starting a 800-1000 calorie a day diet along with regular exercise. I'm assuming that between sleep and exercise alone, you should be burning at least 2 or 3 times the amount of what you intake.

I'm trying to get down to 185 from 215. At my height (5'10"), that's probably like 5% body fat. One word: Dedication

A big rule in bodybuilding is not to ruin motivation of another B-B-B-BUT 5"10/185 lbs is almost 95% of the time not anywhere near 5% body fat. You will be a bit above 10 most likely. I'm at 6"3 and 195 pounds so far and a bit more then 10%. If you just lost fat for a month or two straight, you will kill alot of muscle so you might think your losing all fat but you aren't losing 100% fat, but I don't want to tell you to work out too because you obviously have a goal and the goal for you is to lose weight so good luck.

Just...Be reasonable and a little more informed (sounding like a dick, I know, sorry) but again good luck its very possible and you will do it easy.
Old 09-10-2009, 12:41 AM   #11
v-unit
NBA All-star

Kizzle my mind says no but my heart says yes!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAnchorman
Yo man I had the same problem freshman year of college, you just gotta schedule your time around. Since you are new it will take you some time to get acclimatized to the college life, but do not worry you will get around it.

Thanks bro. You're right I just have to get used to it first and then I'll figure it out. Good looking out.

Quote:
V, what classes u takin? I'd recommend a sleep 4 hours sleep schedule, and a nap after class to optimize the time during the day. And to workout either in the morning or four hours before bedtime and squeezin' your studies, job, and your homies/chicas through the late afternoon and evening.

Do I KNOW YOU? Kidding what up bro long time no talk.

I'm taking business management, I have first term microeconomics, accounting, statistics, business strategies, information technology, and Intro to Astronomy (lol).

You? Or did you start your own university yet lol

Thanks btw
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: