Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 09-10-2009, 12:44 PM   #1
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here
Default When I see Rockets fans talking about Trevor Ariza

I feel like i'm hearing my exes new boyfriend talk about her when i'm still not over her yet. And like David Lee is that one girl-friend she had that never liked me and prodded her to break up.

Last edited by picc84 : 09-10-2009 at 12:47 PM.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: When I see Rockets fans talking about Trevor Ariza

lol well like in those situations, you're going to have to get over it especially since you took your ex's new boyfriend's ex girlfriend (so basically the guy you hate's ex in case I confused anyone lol).

Don't be sad, Ariza let the championship get to his head. We saved money by getting Ron and we kept Ron's good friend Odom. Imagine had we lost both. That would have been an awful period of time.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:08 PM   #3
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
lol well like in those situations, you're going to have to get over it especially since you took your ex's new boyfriend's ex girlfriend (so basically the guy you hate's ex in case I confused anyone lol).

Don't be sad, Ariza let the championship get to his head. We saved money by getting Ron and we kept Ron's good friend Odom. Imagine had we lost both. That would have been an awful period of time.

Indeed

Trevor knows he messed up by playing hard ball and it has cost him. All you can do is see how much more fun Ron is having in L.A compared Houston.
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Now Theres a guy in one of my classes who met Ariza.
I think it was at a camp?

He said that Ariza said

"Damn man I LOVED playing for the lakers. It was really all my agent. I didnt want to leave, but my agent said NOT to take the lakers' offer. It was all my agent"
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:18 PM   #5
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)

He said that Ariza said

"Damn man I LOVED playing for the lakers. It was really all my agent. I didnt want to leave, but my agent said NOT to take the lakers' offer. It was all my agent"
cheap out on his part.. his agent works for trevor. trevor should be in control of what his agent is doing, not letting the idiot run around to the media 5 minutes after he talks to the lakers. trevor should have fired the man on the spot and called the lakers up and said "hold that thought while i find a new agent"
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 11:28 PM   #6
picc84
3-time NBA All-Star

picc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation herepicc84 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

He said that Ariza said

How could he let himself become his agents b!tch like that? That really upsets me. Sometimes I dream about him signing for less and us also getting Artest. Imagine Trevor coming in to back up Kobe and Ron from the bench with Lamar. This is the second time David Lee has screwed with our team, first with that outraegous contract for Drew and now this. Im really starting to hate that guy.

But still, I dont know how Trevor doesnt tell his agent to stick it or fire him or whatever he needed to do. He was probably told all coming up that he should leave all his decision making to the agent, from the time he was drafted until now. You also have to remember that this was the first time Ariza was a FA (I believe), and it was the first time he had any kind of power in what he wanted to do and where he wanted to go. He probably had little idea of how the process works when you hold the positioning.

Anyway, it still hurts. I'm not going to be able to watch any Rockets games this year.
picc84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #7
tamaraw08
Decent college freshman

tamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertamaraw08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
cheap out on his part.. his agent works for trevor. trevor should be in control of what his agent is doing, not letting the idiot run around to the media 5 minutes after he talks to the lakers. trevor should have fired the man on the spot and called the lakers up and said "hold that thought while i find a new agent"

Kinda reminds me of what A-Rod did during his re-negotiation with the Yankees MGT. He went to the Yankee big honchos and expressed how much he wants to play for them, and from there they ironed out a deal. He basically told his agent, Im signing the deal, if you don't want it, you are fired. Never liked A-Rod, but I like what he did, not letting his agent dictate his life. Makes me wonder though why other players didn't follow what Ray Allen did a few years ago. That is to just hire a top-Notched lawyer to examine the contract, explained to him the pros and cons of it instead of hiring an agent.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:07 AM   #8
haggard
I airball my layups

haggard has decent reputation

Quote:

He said that Ariza said

maybe he should get a new agent.
even it that was the case, all Ariza had to do was say to his agent "I want to take the LA offer" and that would be it.
haggard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

if that comment is true, the only thing i would say is that Ariza is a kid and still developing as an adult. perhaps he got caught up in it all, which would be understandable given these high powered agents are quite manipulative as their true motivation is to land themselves the highest percentage payout possible.

and if true, that is a shame indeed.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #10
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
if that comment is true, the only thing i would say is that Ariza is a kid and still developing as an adult. perhaps he got caught up in it all, which would be understandable given these high powered agents are quite manipulative as their true motivation is to land themselves the highest percentage payout possible.

and if true, that is a shame indeed.

it's true.. his agent was on the radio within the hour after talking to mitch. he was very negative about the discussions and how they were going. ifi remember correctly he said the lakers hadn't even made an offer to trevor which we later found out wasn't true, they made him an offer.. the same one or close to the same they made artest the following day
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
it's true.. his agent was on the radio within the hour after talking to mitch. he was very negative about the discussions and how they were going. ifi remember correctly he said the lakers hadn't even made an offer to trevor which we later found out wasn't true, they made him an offer.. the same one or close to the same they made artest the following day

then i hope that agent mofo got a black mark amongst the players because he did nothing for his client except alienate him from a playing situation that made him happy. its a damn shame!!!!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:20 PM   #12
ihatetimthomas
NBA Superstar

ihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableihatetimthomas is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

David Lee is just a greedy bastard who could care less about the well being of the players he represents. First off though, I blame Ariza for allowing his agent to have such control over negotiations. There is no way you allow your agent who represents YOU to talk like its his contract. If you want to be in LA, then you let it be known. But I think both Ariza and his agent underestimated how the Lakers would react to hardball. But Lee is only out to get the biggest deal he can get so he can come up himself. The guy needs to get fired by Ariza, however Andrew really loves him I'm sure
ihatetimthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:56 AM   #13
triangleoffense
Lakers 14-15 go

triangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postertriangleoffense is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ariza = rosy o donell

Artest = Demi Moore
triangleoffense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #14
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
David Lee is just a greedy bastard who could care less about the well being of the players he represents. First off though, I blame Ariza for allowing his agent to have such control over negotiations. There is no way you allow your agent who represents YOU to talk like its his contract. If you want to be in LA, then you let it be known. But I think both Ariza and his agent underestimated how the Lakers would react to hardball. But Lee is only out to get the biggest deal he can get so he can come up himself. The guy needs to get fired by Ariza, however Andrew really loves him I'm sure

You know why David Lee did that? Some people forget that David Lee was Bynum's agent as well, and the Lakers eventually agreed to give Bynum money that shocked quite a few people around the basketball community. Lakers did not fight very hard over it and let Bynum get more money than he was worth. I think Lee expected the same thing to happen with Ariza. He thought and expected the Lakers to just fight a bit in the beginning but end up giving Ariza 8-9+ mill a season like they did with Bynum. At this point, we all know that Bynum is not yet worth the money that he will be making next season; perhaps Lee thought he could get the Lakers to do the same again after coming off a championship win. Unfortunately, it failed in the end and completely backfired for Lee.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #15
Coop-A-Loop
I can handle it!!!

Coop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCoop-A-Loop is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnradio/player?id=4482709

Interesting listen - long, about 15 minutes - but its with a ESPN the Mag writer who did a story on Ariza and provides his insight into what happened with the Lakers - sounds like the agent and player overestimated their time, Lakers didn't think a deal would get done and Trevor thought he had more time.

Funny thing is - he says he is not ticked at David Lee because he thought he repped him well. Not sure that is my take but....
Coop-A-Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: