Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-21-2006, 02:41 PM   #1
Buck
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 72
Buck has an OK reputation so far
Exclamation Coach Arrested

KCRA reported that Eric Musselman was arrested early Saturday A.M. You can check out the story at KCRA.com.

EDIT by Bigboi_Baller:

Sacramento Kings Coach Arrested
Eric Musselman Charged With DUI

POSTED: 10:27 am PDT October 21, 2006
UPDATED: 11:10 am PDT October 21, 2006
Email This Story | Print This Story
Sign Up for Breaking News Alerts
SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The California Highway Patrol arrested Sacramento Kings coach Eric Musselman early Saturday morning on a misdemeanor charge of driving under the influence.

According to booking records, Musselman was arrested on K Street in Sacramento at around 2:15 a.m. He was booked into county jail before being cited and released. Jail staff said he was released just before 6 a.m. Saturday.

Few details have been released, but according to jail records, the arresting officer performed two sobriety tests on Musselman. The officer said each test recorded a blood alcohol level of 0.11%. The legal limit to operate a vehicle in California is 0.08%.

Musselman is scheduled to be in court on the charges in November.

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 10-21-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 02:56 PM   #2
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!
 
mariodeathgrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,455
mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Default

If it was during the season that would be a very bad but in the preseason I don't blame him he got a long year ahead of him and is going to be coaching Artest with all the things going on, I would be stress too. This should be a one time thing. I hope!

The worst to happen is they fire him and hire Larry Brown!

Last edited by mariodeathgrip : 10-21-2006 at 02:59 PM.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year
 
bigboi_baller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Cold side of the pillow
Posts: 6,853
bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board
Default

news to me. I'll look for a link

EDIT: I just posted the news story up top^^^

Last edited by bigboi_baller : 10-21-2006 at 03:03 PM.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #4
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!
 
mariodeathgrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,455
mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
news to me. I'll look for a link

EDIT: I just posted the news story up top^^^


Nice editing job! Fast and to the point! That's why you are Mod!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:14 PM   #5
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariodeathgrip
If it was during the season that would be a very bad but in the preseason I don't blame him he got a long year ahead of him and is going to be coaching Artest with all the things going on, I would be stress too. This should be a one time thing. I hope!

The worst to happen is they fire him and hire Larry Brown!
WTH? That has nothing to do with anything! He shouldn't have been driving in the first place. He's not a big guy, 5'7'' and thin, so it wouldn't take much alcohol to get his blood level that high, but there is no excuse for driving when he consumed alcohol. None. I would fire him if I were the Maloofs.

Here is a dedicated, new coach trying to turn a team into a contender. Every game they show a little clip on the "new beginning" for the kings. Here we have Artest, and a young group of guys, and this is the example he sets? If I were his boss, he'd be out.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:23 PM   #6
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!
 
mariodeathgrip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,455
mariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat coolmariodeathgrip is considered somewhat cool
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
WTH? That has nothing to do with anything! He shouldn't have been driving in the first place. He's not a big guy, 5'7'' and thin, so it wouldn't take much alcohol to get his blood level that high, but there is no excuse for driving when he consumed alcohol. None. I would fire him if I were the Maloofs.

Here is a dedicated, new coach trying to turn a team into a contender. Every game they show a little clip on the "new beginning" for the kings. Here we have Artest, and a young group of guys, and this is the example he sets? If I were his boss, he'd be out.


That's harsh come on the odds are he had one beer or a toast of a little champain to the game!
0.11% is nothing. But he got busted so It's a big thing now!
That sucks! It's not like he's a drunk like Houston old coach!
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #7
BradMiller52
Kings fan
 
BradMiller52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I wanna get paid like Mikki
Posts: 2,724
BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default

You know sports coaches/players are people too, they are allowed to make mistakes. He will probably get fined for it by the Maloofs but come on, you don't fire him especially after he's done such a great job with the team so far. I have an uncle that gets real drunk, drives drunk all the time, and he is a bigger guy than Muss, but I don't think this is as big a deal as it will be made out to be. JJ Redick got a DUI too, people poked fun at him but every kings fan on the net(even on places like Kingsfans, god that place is too sensitive sometimes) is saying "TEH OMGZ MUSS IS A VERY BAD GUY!" Well he's not perfect, but a lot of people have done a lot worse. Come on a lot of people get DUIs, Muss was bearly over the legal limit and everybodys jumping on him even saying he should get fired. I thought we Kings fans were good fans that forgave people, what happened to that?
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 03:49 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,938
lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default

why would anyone do something stupid like that
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:00 PM   #9
Showtime
Hardwood Hero
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 11,369
Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
You know sports coaches/players are people too, they are allowed to make mistakes. He will probably get fined for it by the Maloofs but come on, you don't fire him especially after he's done such a great job with the team so far. I have an uncle that gets real drunk, drives drunk all the time, and he is a bigger guy than Muss, but I don't think this is as big a deal as it will be made out to be. JJ Redick got a DUI too, people poked fun at him but every kings fan on the net(even on places like Kingsfans, god that place is too sensitive sometimes) is saying "TEH OMGZ MUSS IS A VERY BAD GUY!" Well he's not perfect, but a lot of people have done a lot worse. Come on a lot of people get DUIs, Muss was bearly over the legal limit and everybodys jumping on him even saying he should get fired. I thought we Kings fans were good fans that forgave people, what happened to that?
Just because a lot of people get DUI's and your uncle drives drunk doesn't make it right. I don't care if you think it's not that big of a deal, because IT IS. There are laws like that for a reason, as your reaction time and brain functions are slowed with alcohol. Not too far from me, there was a drunk driver who killed a whole family in a van. He ran them off the road and a couple, their parents, and kids all died, while the drunk driver was ok. Just becuase your not sh!t-faced smashed doesn't mean you can or should drive. Don't try to downplay this, because what if he hurt somebody? Then it would be all over the news, and he would be suspended or fired.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:09 PM   #10
BradMiller52
Kings fan
 
BradMiller52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I wanna get paid like Mikki
Posts: 2,724
BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Dude, it's probably the first time he's done this and he wasn't much over the legal limit. He's a small dude, he probably didn't even have many beers. Probably not enough to know he was over the legal limit. It was dumb, and he should be fined. He should be forced to apologize to the public for it. But he didn't murder anybody and he's done a great job with the Kings so far. It's not acceptable for him to do this all the time but as long as it's a 1 time thing I will give him a break as long as he knows it's wrong and to not do it again. My uncle is an idiot because he drives drunk all the time, and I know what alcohal can do to someone that's why I'll never touch any alcohal. Should JJ Redick be released from the Magic for his DUI?

BTW I heard that some dude named Jim Crandell said on his show he actually blew a .08, which is bearly at the legal limit.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #11
Buck
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 72
Buck has an OK reputation so far
Default Have Some Compassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
You know sports coaches/players are people too, they are allowed to make mistakes. He will probably get fined for it by the Maloofs but come on, you don't fire him especially after he's done such a great job with the team so far. I have an uncle that gets real drunk, drives drunk all the time, and he is a bigger guy than Muss, but I don't think this is as big a deal as it will be made out to be. JJ Redick got a DUI too, people poked fun at him but every kings fan on the net(even on places like Kingsfans, god that place is too sensitive sometimes) is saying "TEH OMGZ MUSS IS A VERY BAD GUY!" Well he's not perfect, but a lot of people have done a lot worse. Come on a lot of people get DUIs, Muss was bearly over the legal limit and everybodys jumping on him even saying he should get fired. I thought we Kings fans were good fans that forgave people, what happened to that?

BM52, I like the compassionate outlook you have regarding the serious mistake made by coach Musselman. I believe he will take full responsibility for the error and hopefully makes a l00% efffort to insure that it is never repeated. This incident happened at a very bad time--I imagine that the new arena opponents will milk this story down to the last drop.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:16 PM   #12
Targus™
Good college starter
 
Targus™'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Sacramento,CA
Posts: 2,146
Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Default

boy if he gets this excited over a preseason win...imagine if the Kings win a championship.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:23 PM   #13
BradMiller52
Kings fan
 
BradMiller52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: I wanna get paid like Mikki
Posts: 2,724
BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
BM52, I like the compassionate outlook you have regarding the serious mistake made by coach Musselman. I believe he will take full responsibility for the error and hopefully makes a l00% efffort to insure that it is never repeated. This incident happened at a very bad time--I imagine that the new arena opponents will milk this story down to the last drop.


Yeah I agree with you, it is going to be ammo for the anti arena people. I also agree he'll take full responsibility for his mistake and hopefully he doesn't have a history of it. If he has a history of it or he does it again than I think we can talk about firing him, but so far from what we know it's his 1st offense and it's a mistake. Luckily nobody got hurt and he wasn't more drunk.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #14
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller
 
Kiss Murder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Most Gracious of Hosts
Posts: 314
Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Arrow Let it stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Targus™
boy if he gets this excited over a preseason win...imagine if the Kings win a championship.

That's what I was thinking. Hahahaha
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #15
Buck
I airball my layups
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 72
Buck has an OK reputation so far
Default

Bigboi, thanks for the edit. We all recognize the seriousness of this incident and I don't think anyone is attempting to downplay it. Alcohol is legal and it is a popular beverage--people make mistakes, especially after one or two drinks. Coach Musselman surely feels terrible about what has happened and he has my support. It is a time to focus on the ill effects of driving under the influence and to make a renewed effort to deal with one of the most serious problems facing society.
Buck is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:27 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy