Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-21-2006, 09:06 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistol Pete
It was pretty well known that the national title was never in their grasp, I personally thought Quinn had a shot at Heisman, but he hasn't played as well as I anticipated.

They have only lost one game, and that was to the #2 team in the Nation. They may have been overhyped, but they are still a very good football team. When, and if, they are ever able to recruit a defense, Notre Dame will be a force again, Charlie Weiss has brought the prestige back to the program, it will take time for the recruits to get there, but already in his second season, he has begun to change the program.

I believe you were guranteeing it (national title/heisman).

Just busting ya chops...but ND is a good team, just overrated and hyped up too early. The program will get back to the status that many of us know Notre Dame to be. And ND just needs time. As you mentioned recruiting some defensive studs would be a direction to go for sure. Building up a program takes time because you dont want an over nighter. You want something that continues much like how USC does. Lose bigtime players and thru recruiting are able to replace and field a winner. So i agree ND will be back...just think the media rushed them way too early. If they didnt we probably see a better team...maybe not but imo i believe so. Team just wasnt ready to shoulder all those expectations placed on them this fast.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:09 PM   #17
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Tennessee barely beat an average Alabama team. Does that make them lucky also? Or is ND the only school to have luck on their side?
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #18
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I believe you were guranteeing it (national title/heisman).

Just busting ya chops...but ND is a good team, just overrated and hyped up too early. The program will get back to the status that many of us know Notre Dame to be. And ND just needs time. As you mentioned recruiting some defensive studs would be a direction to go for sure. Building up a program takes time because you dont want an over nighter. You want something that continues much like how USC does. Lose bigtime players and thru recruiting are able to replace and field a winner. So i agree ND will be back...just think the media rushed them way too early. If they didnt we probably see a better team...maybe not but imo i believe so. Team just wasnt ready to shoulder all those expectations placed on them this fast.

I definately guarenteed Brady Quinn for Heisman, I think he has a good season, but it's definately not what I expected, I'll definately eat the crow for that one. And I probably guarenteed the National Title, probably after the Penn State victory because they dominated them to the tune of 41-3 in the Fourth Quarter when I was under the assumption that Penn State was a legitimate team. I'll eat crow for both, I was just hyped about possibly going undefeated, never imagined Michigan would be that good.

As for the overhyped factor, I think that they are always overhyped, they are basically the media's sweetheart, and when they show an ounce of competitiveness and the ability to be legit, the media will just blow it up to an unattainable amount. They are a solid team, but obviously when you get so much praise without truly earning it, you can end up looking bad, but they have stayed and played very respectable. They should be able to go through the season with atleast a 10-2 record, and possibly 11-1 if they can win a huge game on the road at USC.

For the Record through 6 games...

Brady Quinn - 63.5% Completion, 1634 Yards, 16 Touchdowns, 4 Interceptions, 141.7 QB Rating.

Pretty Impressive, though not quite Heisman worthy
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:27 PM   #19
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

ND is like the Yankees, Duke basketball, the Lakers, Cowboys. They have their fans and their haters. Mostly because of past successes and media coverage.(although the hype that USC deservedly got during the Bush/Leinart years is probably greater than any college team I have ever seen. Those 2 were even bigger than Kobe in LA last year)
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: