Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-22-2006, 05:34 PM   #16
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
O I thought Odom was just playing around. I did not think he was serious. But why was he so serious. The team got the rebound. You should not care who gets the rebound. You should care about your team winning not who has the most rebounds or who has the best stats. Everybody should be focused on one thing WINNING.

bro...we didnt think u were this serious either...lool take a joke bro...odom was givin him props...he wasnt angry.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:26 AM   #17
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

Thats not what it sounded like when you all where talking.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:29 AM   #18
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Thats not what it sounded like when you all where talking.

that part is called sarcasm. still need clarification?

sarcasm- the use of irony to mock or convey contempt
Old 10-23-2006, 01:52 AM   #19
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Okay I am sorry forgive me. It just didnt sound like a joke. But thanks for clearing that up.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:31 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Okay I am sorry forgive me. It just didnt sound like a joke. But thanks for clearing that up.

don worry 'bout it
Old 10-23-2006, 06:27 AM   #21
*LAKERS_3_PETE*
Local High School Star

*LAKERS_3_PETE* has decent reputation

LOL ! why Odom thinks he's Bruce Lee w/that quick extended kick of his, besides Mihm has always needed a BUT kicking from his teammates for always being in foul trouble , and odom just the man to do so.
*LAKERS_3_PETE* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #22
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Mihm does need someone to knock some sense into him. Cause I think he needs to stay out of foul trouble. And play better defense and he needs to score more consitently.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:06 PM   #23
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Mihm does need someone to knock some sense into him. Cause I think he needs to stay out of foul trouble. And play better defense and he needs to score more consitently.

its more of smush's fault that gets mihm into foul trouble believe it or not
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:10 PM   #24
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
its more of smush's fault that gets mihm into foul trouble believe it or not

WOOHOO!!! Hotsizzle is absolutely correct! Someone else gets it! It IS Smush's fault when Mihm would often get into foul trouble, and Smush was either going for a steal (and missing) or he was out of position, thus forcing Mihm to try to compensate defensively... hence delivering fouls on the help.

I agree 100%!

Lets hope Smush has improved his D this year! That would make SoCalMikePimp very happy!
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:36 PM   #25
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
WOOHOO!!! Hotsizzle is absolutely correct! Someone else gets it! It IS Smush's fault when Mihm would often get into foul trouble, and Smush was either going for a steal (and missing) or he was out of position, thus forcing Mihm to try to compensate defensively... hence delivering fouls on the help.

I agree 100%!

Lets hope Smush has improved his D this year! That would make SoCalMikePimp very happy!

That's what I"VE been saying. Just because Smush gets lots of steals does not make him a great defender. It means he is taking risks (which is OK at the right time). It also means quicker PGs are blowing past him to the hole.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:51 PM   #26
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

What are you guys talking about. Smush and mihm both get into foul trouble and they both need to shape up. Or i think they should be traded. Because smush is not that productive and mihm is hurt and when he comes back i don think he will be that productive either.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:53 AM   #27
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
What are you guys talking about. Smush and mihm both get into foul trouble and they both need to shape up. Or i think they should be traded. Because smush is not that productive and mihm is hurt and when he comes back i don think he will be that productive either.

I actually agree with Hotsizzle(egy brotha), SoCalMike(pimp), and Bleedinpurple(purple Jesus) because there are occasions every game where they blow right past smush and chris was always thirsty for the blocked shot.

Thats why Guys like Parker, Nash, and Iverson Always did great against us, and Bibby too because they always throw little floaters after easily gettin by parker.

Hopefully with J-Farmar there will be limited Scoring in the paint this year.

And to think I failed to see this for so long
Old 10-25-2006, 04:45 AM   #28
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Hopefully with J-Farmar there will be limited Scoring in the paint this year.

There will be, he has great footwork and great anticipation and has deadly speed, so far in the pre-season, I honestly can't remember anyone blowing past him, only if a Big set a screen. I consider Farmar a pretty good defender already (definitely above average and definitely better than Parker, both Parkers actually). That's what the UCLA Coach preached after all, and that's what made them the best defensive team in the NCAA and that's what got them into the Finals.

As For Mihm, he's definitely a decent defender and I agree with everyone that a good amount of his fouls come when Parker gets beaten off the dribble.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:57 AM   #29
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I still however Thank God parker was there in our most desperate moments.
Old 10-25-2006, 05:06 AM   #30
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

LakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputationLakersDynasty has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I still however Thank God parker was there in our most desperate moments.
He was? What about the playoffs? Aside from that steal he got against Nash and hitting a 3 prior to that, what did he do for us? 4-37 shooting? Nash blowing by him every SINGLE time and causing our defense to collapse? Suns showing no respect to him and doubling up Kobe while letting Parker roam free on the perimeter?
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: