Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 09-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #1
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Who you got for Bucks starters /bkups ?

Here's my line up , Because if they don't Hammond will have egg on the face

Jennings / Ridnour

Redd (Bell to start season)/ Meeks

Delfino / Ersan I

Moute / Warrick

Bogut / Elson

(Bell , Meeks , Joe-Axe : fighting for playing time)

your line up ?
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people
Default Re: Who you got for Bucks starters /bkups ?

Don't they have to try playing mba a moute at sf- maybe ilysova at pf-maybe their both combo f's in a way but gotta move mba moute to permanent sf and play him in position now that you cleared the spot for him- ukic also plays
el gringos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:21 AM   #3
wal0645
Can barely lace up my sneakers

wal0645 has an OK reputation so far

I see it this way;
Jennings
Redd
Ersan (PF)
Warrick (SF)
Bogut
Not a very imposing lineup IMO. The bench looks even weaker. We might win 30 games with this team and that's if Redd/Bogut can stay healthy which is questionable. I hate to be so contrary, but I just don't see it here. On the bright side, Jennings could make the team fun to watch. I have a feeling he will become a special player and will be the cornerstone to build around. Looks like another lottery year to me.
wal0645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #4
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

warrick is a PF

Jennings is what 19

Even lebron is the next god type player , and I see no ring on his finger, least Jennings has only upside , and ZERO history in the big show.

We can talk about him in a year or two , if he is still around.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:15 PM   #5
wal0645

Warrick can play either PF or SF; he's a tweener. Because the Bucks have no one at SF whose starting caliber, I see Warrick at that position. Ersan isn't a starter either, but they look very weak at the forward position. Could very easily be the worst team in the Eastern Conference.
Old 09-20-2009, 08:04 PM   #6
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal0645
Warrick can play either PF or SF; he's a tweener. Because the Bucks have no one at SF whose starting caliber, I see Warrick at that position. Ersan isn't a starter either, but they look very weak at the forward position. Could very easily be the worst team in the Eastern Conference.

For me, Warrick is their only PF. Ersan, Mbah a moute, Alexander are more sf.

But I wonder if they'll try to trade for a true PF? Maybe trade Redd for a good PF? Who do you think they can get for this guy?

And I don't think they can be worst than the Knicks
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:31 PM   #7
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
For me, Warrick is their only PF. Ersan, Mbah a moute, Alexander are more sf.

But I wonder if they'll try to trade for a true PF? Maybe trade Redd for a good PF? Who do you think they can get for this guy?
And I don't think they can be worst than the Knicks

I believe this will be up to REDD.
Kohl admired Ray Allen , and Allen was PO'ed about how the trade went down , without a powwow.
For this situation , where Bucks wanted Redd to be their team guy and cornerstone , they'll discuss with him a trade proposal.
They could never get a quality player (high calibur) in free agency , because what they have recently done , shows no loyality to ANY player.
In a trade , if they got a calibur player , he would be out the door , on the next contract.
So If the Bucks wheel and deal for Redd , they do something like 5 players for 1, and get a couple possible upside guys , and three heading for retirement.
As you can see my faith has dwindled when we are talking about Milwaukee management.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #8
wal0645

We would be foolish to trade Redd, but with the Bucks it could happen. After all we let Ray go for a washed up Glove. I am looking forward to watching the Redd/Jennings combination and feel it will be terrific. It's our front court that looks lousy and will cost us a bunch of games. That is why I'd like to see an Amare in the front court even though we would have to part with Bogut and maybe other players. Pull the trigger hammond and make it happen.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:29 PM   #9
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

Jennings/Ridnour/Ukic

Redd/Bell/Meeks

Delfino/LRMAM/Warrick/Alexander

Warrick/Ilyasova/Thomas

Bogut/Thomas/Gadzuric

That will be the rotation. The F postions will change frequently in the beginning of the season, but this most likely what we'll look like come late October.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 07:50 AM   #10
wal0645

Totally agree with last post.......looks like Defino at SF. There is some talk about starting Thomas at PF, but I think it will be Warrick with backups Ersan and CT (who will also spell Bogut). I am thinking Jennings will surprise a lot of people by how good a PG he really is. The NBA game is suited to the style of ball he plays.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:36 PM   #11
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Re analysis after 25 games , player roster and value :

Bogut - cornerstone of team , as long as his head is in the game.
Value : New ownership can use or trade
Gadz - expiring , with no trade value when contract is up
Thomas - trade option before Feb. otherwise retiring
-------------
Warrick - 2nd string PF (if acquired weight , could be an option as starter)
Defino - SF zero defense , ok shot and passer , but 2nd string role player
Ilyasova - Twinner PF height , SF player. Not a starter , but an excelent 6th man off the bench option.
Moute - SF defensive player , could play as starter and have high effiiency rate if with right team. V= High
----------------------
Redd - injury affected lift. Deadly shooter , but will take his contract to full completion. Bucks need to work him into a trade or work him into the offense , because the Bucks lack continuity.
Bell - twinner , 2nd stringer . Value : to big of a contract to move.
Meeks - 2nd stringer ... value unknown , not enough playing time
--------------------
Jennings - Shoot first , pass 2nd PG. Value : young with lack of height. Any switch or low post play against him will score. If coached to pass with 3rd option to shoot may become efficient. Currently shooting 40% , but most of his made shoots are after the game has been decided.
Ridnour - 2nd Stringer Value : high because of pass first thought process , however his defense is as it was in Seattle - poor.

Total accessed value : 2 starters on roster (Bogut , Redd) Jennings if he learns not to shoot.

Offense accessed value : Offense runs through Bogut , pass ratio high.
Currently no post play. Value - low
Defensive accessed value : No front court weight (beef to plug middle)
Guards can easily be posted up , or screened off.
Value - Low

Last edited by Jasper : 12-21-2009 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:06 PM   #12
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
Re analysis after 25 games , player roster and value :

Bogut - cornerstone of team , as long as his head is in the game.
Value : New ownership can use or trade
Gadz - expiring , with no trade value when contract is up
Thomas - trade option before Feb. otherwise retiring
-------------
Warrick - 2nd string PF (if acquired weight , could be an option as starter)
Defino - SF zero defense , ok shot and passer , but 2nd string role player
Ilyasova - Twinner PF height , SF player. Not a starter , but an excelent 6th man off the bench option.
Moute - SF defensive player , could play as starter and have high effiiency rate if with right team. V= High
----------------------
Redd - injury affected lift. Deadly shooter , but will take his contract to full completion. Bucks need to work him into a trade or work him into the offense , because the Bucks lack continuity.
Bell - twinner , 2nd stringer . Value : to big of a contract to move.
Meeks - 2nd stringer ... value unknown , not enough playing time
--------------------
Jennings - Shoot first , pass 2nd PG. Value : young with lack of height. Any switch or low post play against him will score. If coached to pass with 3rd option to shoot may become efficient. Currently shooting 40% , but most of his made shoots are after the game has been decided.
Ridnour - 2nd Stringer Value : high because of pass first thought process , however his defense is as it was in Seattle - poor.

Total accessed value : 2 starters on roster (Bogut , Redd) Jennings if he learns not to shoot.

Offense accessed value : Offense runs through Bogut , pass ratio high.
Currently no post play. Value - low
Defensive accessed value : No front court weight (beef to plug middle)
Guards can easily be posted up , or screened off.
Value - Low

Good stuff, and I pretty much agree- are you thinking like I.that the bucks have as good of a roster as anybody to make some trades?

I didn't realize gazurich was an expirer and that thomas thing should be valuble to somone

I think you have to go after a wing scorer to take some of that off jennings and see if it helps

Redd
Gadzirich
Thomas
2 protected 1sts
For
Igoudala
Brand

Maybe it has to be this next 1st rd pick to make it happen

Last edited by el gringos : 12-21-2009 at 09:27 PM.
el gringos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #13
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Gadz has an un-moveable contract = to big of money for value of player.
The Bucks will have to keep him as well as Bell until their contracts expire.
** that's what I meant by expired contract.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: