Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Milwaukee Bucks Forum

Milwaukee Bucks Forum Milwaukee Bucks forum - Milwaukee Bucks message board

Old 09-18-2009, 05:35 PM   #1
wal0645
Can barely lace up my sneakers

wal0645 has an OK reputation so far
Default How I Would Fix the Bucks

I am hoping to generate some buzz out there in Bucks' Land so here is my take on how to fix the Bucks. To begin, I feel this will be a crummy season as we head to another lottery for the 2010 draft. Since Hammond is a little shaky (I haven't forgiven him for taking Alexander in 2008), I am putting on my GM cap as follows;
1. Trade Bogut this year and maybe throw in another player(s) (outside of either Redd or Jennings). The goal would be to get Amare from the Suns.
2. Trade Ridnour before the end of 2009 and throw in Alexander if you have to in return for a legit SF.
3. Draft a PF in the lottery next year.
4. Extend Redd's contract (that's right), but look to pay him a lot less since he is a one-dimensional player.
5. Use all this extra cap money to solidify the bench with some quality backups who can actually be effective starters if needed.
6. Hammond did get one thing right; Jennings will become a star in this league; thank God he's on our team.
wal0645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How I Would Fix the Bucks

This past year and off season was Hammonds to tweak and Kohl's to roll the dice with some money , and neither happened.

What did happen is two careers basically thrown out the window in regards to Bogut and Redd. When are they supposed to have a team that will get them to the Eastern conference championship

The stripping Hammond has done , obviously was instructed in large part or 50% decision making by Kohl.
(I did not think this team was far from being serious contenders, with one or possible two trades to get the Bucks there)
----------
Now the team is blown apart , and any free agent will not only think twice , but never except an offer from the Bucks how they handled this team.
THE ONLY FIX imo is to SELL the team.

It will require one of two type ownerships :
a deep pocket guy like Cuban
or a Owner that is removed enough from the community such as the Brewers , to come in make serious decisions , look at options and build with a cold heart , and a keen eye to putting a product on the floor that can be competitive for some serious years.
Outside looking in , if the new owner gets the team next year , I would say a minimum of 3-4 years before the team roster has enough juice to think about going deep into the playoffs.
(Use Portland as an example) - do you see them WC- champs ?
That rebuild has been 4 years and still counting.
-------------------------
My mind has worn out it's options what the Bucks 'should do'

What would of been neat to see , is have a team of a bunch of tweener's for a year , or even have Iverson come in and entertain , because that's all the Bucks fan's will remotely get until the team is sold.

All the money Kohl has squandered to be under the tax line ... contracts and bad decisions ... he would of been better off throwing a bunch of has been all-stars in for a season or two , or ran 5 rookies from the get

Last edited by Jasper : 09-18-2009 at 07:07 PM.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 02:41 AM   #3
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Trade Bogut? Really? I think he's a top 10 C in the league and would love him on my squad.

I personally think the Bucks should be looking for a solid PF and hope Brandon pans out to what they hope of him. Redd can hold down the two spot for another 3-5 years due to his sharpshooting (ala Ray Allen) and MBah A Moute is a nice defensive three to have. Monroe would be perfect for the Bucks to take in the draft.

Also, find a way to dump Gadzuric!
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
QuebecBaller
Next Great White Hope

QuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected posterQuebecBaller is a pretty well-respected poster

It' one thing to get Amare, but will he accept to sign a new contract in Milwaukee?
QuebecBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:11 PM   #5
wal0645

I think we could sign Amare to a contract; we will have the money. With Jennings and Redd along with Amare, we have 3/5th of a quality starting lineup. We would need to address the forward positions since we currently have no one who is starting caliber quality at either spot. We have bench guys in Ersan, Moute, and Warrick. I have no confidence that Bogut will amount to anything special, so I don't have a problem trading him. Hammond had an opportunity in 2008 to get quality at forward, but blew it when he took Alexander.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Ian
Ahh, buck it.

Ian has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecBaller
It' one thing to get Amare, but will he accept to sign a new contract in Milwaukee?

To make a long story short: No.

This team needs to pray that they land a significant talent at the PF in next years draft and hope to God that Jennings pans out.

Jennings, our future PF, and Bogut will be our future. Period. If Meeks or Mbah a Moute develop into everyday starters, all the better. The big question marks are Alexander and Ilyasova. Ilyasova has a much greater chance of turning into a starter than JA. Alexander, I think, needs to develop into a solid second option at SF and he will be worth keeping. If by the end of this year he doesn't, ship him/Ridnour out for another F.

Last edited by Ian : 09-22-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
wal0645

Like I said; Bogut is nothing special and if we get an opportunity to dump him we should take it. Having invested 60M in a guy with a bad back is beyond me, but we are talking about the Bucks, a team that had an chance to get it right by drafting a Brook Lopez, but for some reason chose Alexander. A team that traded one of it's greatest players in his prime (Ray Allen) for an "over-the-hill Payton. I'm amazed so many Buck fans think Bogut is something. Amare would be way more effective than a Bogut could ever be and to get him I would throw in other players except for Redd and Jennings. The rest of the team are all replaceable pieces. When a guy develops back problems he's as good as done as a player; look at TMac.
Old 09-22-2009, 11:51 PM   #8
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wal0645
Like I said; Bogut is nothing special and if we get an opportunity to dump him we should take it. Having invested 60M in a guy with a bad back is beyond me, but we are talking about the Bucks, a team that had an chance to get it right by drafting a Brook Lopez, but for some reason chose Alexander. A team that traded one of it's greatest players in his prime (Ray Allen) for an "over-the-hill Payton. I'm amazed so many Buck fans think Bogut is something. Amare would be way more effective than a Bogut could ever be and to get him I would throw in other players except for Redd and Jennings. The rest of the team are all replaceable pieces. When a guy develops back problems he's as good as done as a player; look at TMac.
First I'll say I see your points , to get a team competitive again , and respectable. Problem is I can not believe all the player movement is not to put the team in a position to be sold.
As most sold franchises go , the previous owner gives one to two players a bargaining chip for the new owner to either keep and build around or use them as a bargaining chip to get players that suit their desires.
For that reason I do not see Kohl / Hammond moving Bogut. If Kohl doesn't put the team up for sale in 2 years , I'd say he is using Bogut as the foundation to his team. Think of the Dutch man in Indy - in Reggie's era.
Redd is the trade bait for Kohl and or the new owner in several ways.
Money as well as getting something back.
Your kind of suggesting a quick fix , and banking on a 19/20 year old 6' PG that is NOT proven to lead the Bucks to the promise land. That equals a pipe dream and you know that.
I have a fear for Boguts career , not BUCKS future , because I have had back problems and know the difficulty. And Bogut looks out of shape and over weight and those two combinations do not help a back in any way.
You are dead right about Joe Axe and Lopez , because even though neither were proven players and only draft picks , I saw as you did in college ball that Lopez seemed very mature playing along side his brother which may become the best brother tadem to ever enter the draft as big men.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:39 PM   #9
PFunk
Kids at the park dunk on me

PFunk has no real reputation yet.

The Bucks made several errors. First of all was the drafting of Joe Alexander. It's tough to write him off yet but I haven't seen much to prove that he won't end up being a bust. I was all for us drafting Anthony Randolph and he would have been a great fit next to Bogut and Moute. If we could move Redd and either Ridnour or better yet Gadzuric for expiring contracts we would be in great shape. We also should have matched the offer sheet for Sessions. We did for Charlie Bell and I think Sessions will end up being better than Bell ever was.

Bogut/Elson/Gadzuric
Warrick/Thomas/Alexander
Moute/Delfino/Ilyasova/Sharpe
Redd/Bell/Meeks
Jennings/Ridnour/Ukic

How about this trade?? Redd, Gadzuric, Sharpe, Elson for Jermaine O'Neal and Dorrell Wright?

Bogut/Thomas
O'Neal/Warrick/Alexander
Moute/Wright/Ilyasova
Delfino/Bell/Meeks
Jennings/Ridnour/Ukic
PFunk is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: