Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-20-2009, 05:33 PM   #1
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!

Bano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation hereBano114 has an incredible reputation here
Default Better Individual Season, Stephen Curry or James Harden?

Based on stats, not team mates or play-off runs.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:35 PM   #2
Phenith
NBA Junkie!

Phenith has decent reputationPhenith has decent reputation
Default Re: Better Individual Season, Stephen Curry or James Harden?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Assuming they get the same amount of burn I would put Curry in front stat wise, but Harden is a much more complete player.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:47 PM   #3
kurple
Very good NBA starter

kurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation herekurple has an incredible reputation here

harden
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #4
BankShot
5-time NBA All-Star

BankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBankShot is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114

Depends on what you mean when you say "stats"

Are we adjusting for playtime?? Because I'm guessing Curry will get more.

Are we considering all statistics or just points scored??

I think Harden will have a much greater impact, and will have a better PER (I know you guys hate it, but it accounts for ALL offensive stats, and adjusts for pace and play time)
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:51 PM   #5
AlThornton
Great young streetballer

AlThornton has an OK reputation so far

Harden will be the best player in this class if Rubio doesn't come over.
AlThornton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

I think both will flounder.

They're going to be too inconsistent to pick a better player. They'll both be hot and cool off at different points during the season.

Slight nod to Harden, I guess.
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:54 PM   #7
AmoebaD
hip to be square

AmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this board

steph curry is gonna hover around 40%fg for his first few years. there will be so much fighting for shots on a crappy team that he will fold like an envelope by allstar break. he will do well at the end of the season when nellie feels he has to play him 30 minutes a game, subpar percentages. monta will demand trade at some point.

sc will average 11 points 3 assists a game.

harden will blend in seamlessly in okc, the draw and kick game will be on point, he'll handle the ball alittle bit, but he won't get the shots he wants. he will be consistent most of the year, hit a slump, bounce back and end up with 10 points 3 assists 3 boards. 44%fg.

gimme harden.
AmoebaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #8
The Poet
I hit open layups

The Poet is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Curry. He's under a coach that gets his best from guards.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 05:58 PM   #9
JG000
High School JV MVP

JG000 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet

Yea, but that's going to be a tough rotation to crack. The Warriors don't need another scoring option.

There's like 5-6 guards on that team and plenty of shooters. And they're all established in the league.
JG000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:02 PM   #10
AmoebaD
hip to be square

AmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Poet

yeah... but i don't think its that crazy of an assumption that morrow will fit better at times on the floor than curry. curry won't get to shine until they are outta the playoff picture. its not like nellie comes into the game with a rotation set either, he will put cmag at the 4 or the 2. hes a weirdo.

curry and monta at the same time would get abused, but i guess nellie would be down for some abuse. curry will get his opportunity, but he will not get the keys any time soon. throw his ass in the fryer, see what he can do, but cj watson is probably banging on him in practice right now as we speak.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:05 PM   #11
Yung D-Will
Utah Jazz (6-6)

Yung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation hereYung D-Will has an incredible reputation here

The Golden Boy" Curry"
Yung D-Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:13 PM   #12
The Poet
I hit open layups

The Poet is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoebaD
yeah... but i don't think its that crazy of an assumption that morrow will fit better at times on the floor than curry. curry won't get to shine until they are outta the playoff picture. its not like nellie comes into the game with a rotation set either, he will put cmag at the 4 or the 2. hes a weirdo.

curry and monta at the same time would get abused, but i guess nellie would be down for some abuse. curry will get his opportunity, but he will not get the keys any time soon. throw his ass in the fryer, see what he can do, but cj watson is probably banging on him in practice right now as we speak.

Since when did Don Nelson ever care about what happens on defense? I doubt they spent a top 10 pick on Curry just to have him come after Anthony Morrow. Curry is definitely is meant to shine there and with Monta falling out of Nelson's favor while Curry is high on his list, I think Curry will do just fine. He's in one of the best environments to cater to his game play.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:24 PM   #13
AmoebaD
hip to be square

i agree about defense not being important is gsw, but they have a glut of guards that eat at each others minutes. lets assume the front court is set. lets look at the two guard spots, and the 3 as well cuz it might as well be a guard. jackson and cmag at the 3 for the most part. either may move back and forth to the two at some point.

so the strictly guards are watson, morrow, curry, monta, buke. monta will get his minutes, and everyone else will be fighting for the the rest of the minutes. that is just alot of comp for him to battle wth.

and they got claxton and law on the bench. nellie is like a freestyling coach, he rides the beat and is a capricious kinda guy. there will be a point where acie law is out there trying to look like an nba guard. more minutes sucked from the pool.

curry will not be getting 35 minutes a game, i see him getting like 25, which will give him ample opportunitites in that offense to shine. but we know nellie, he'll pull you for no reason. too much stuff in the air to be sold on curry. they will groom him, but i still think harden will have the better year with less opportunity.
Old 09-20-2009, 06:40 PM   #14
dyna
National High School Star

dyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation heredyna has an incredible reputation here

Harden...
dyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 06:47 PM   #15
rosonviyavong
Raps, Jazz, and UCONN

rosonviyavong has an OK reputation so far

Stats wise I think Harden can be the second leading scorer behind Durant
rosonviyavong is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: