Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-02-2009, 04:01 AM   #76
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Lamar is engaged to Khloe Kardashian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
wow...

that made me laugh1!
Ya me too. We're going to see Lamar on some GGW video commercial at wee hour some day. Ya think Joey gonna blackmail Lamar someday with some video with some chic who he doesn't remember with? "Lamar Gone Wild"
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 07:47 AM   #77
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Lamar is (now married) to Khloe Kardashian (Could LO lose focus and impact the team?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Reports are Lamar has came into shape in the best shape of his life. Phil seems impressed.

Well good. That's never happened before so I am happy to hear that.

No distractions then. Lamar is a professional. He's had bigger distractions with the drug issue and he came back as a miami heat and had a fabulous year.

The marriage thing is a happy part of his life.

One thing that Im really confused about that seems missing is lamar's kids. Didn't he have a child who died from someone else who was his "girlfriend" at the time? I didn't hear of them breaking up.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #78
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lamar is (now married) to Khloe Kardashian (Could LO lose focus and impact the team?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
as i said, personally, i cannot stand the off-the-court drama that comes with the Lakers... i'd prefer just to focus on the team and the season rather than this "noise." when TMZ is involved, thats clearly too much for me.

as for LO's a big boy, etc.. (expected response from gts ), that may be true but he is also in a position he's never been in with Khloe, so it may not be as black and white as you might think in terms of how he handles it... even pjax has noted some concern....

regardless, for me its more about the off-the-court "noise" that bugs me as its hard to turn off during a season when everyone's reporting on it. blah!

(i felt the same way during the shaq/kobe fueds, kobe colorado, etc)

he's been in the nba for alot of years now, always a fairly high profile player playing in high profile cities, his personal life has been exposed to us for years through the highs and lows, i don't think this is anything new to him, just a different aspect...

its not like he has suddenly been shoved into the spotlight as some wet behind the ears kid from podunk iowa, he's seen this level of interest before

his problems in college then the drug problems and the death of his grandmother and son i'm sure were much larger distrations for him and harder questions to answer then this yet he has always been able to bring it on the floor.. i'm just glad he's coming into camp with good news this time instead of bad...lol

Last edited by gts : 10-02-2009 at 11:47 AM.
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #79
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
he's been in the nba for alot of years now, always a fairly high profile player playing in high profile cities, his personal life has been exposed to us for years through the highs and lows, i don't think this is anything new to him, just a different aspect...

its not like he has suddenly been shoved into the spotlight as some wet behind the ears kid from podunk iowa, he's seen this level of interest before

his problems in college then the drug problems and the death of his grandmother and son i'm sure were much larger distrations for him and harder questions to answer then this yet he has always been able to bring it on the floor.. i'm just glad he's coming into camp with good news this time instead of bad...lol

thats all true... but there's an external element in a Kardashian which makes this a completely different dimension, including much of it that could be out of his control that he gets sucked into.

i think my thought here is valid and there's no historical precedent in LO's life to indicate otherwise.

he may thrive but just as much as he may thrive, he may not.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 08:37 PM   #80
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well good. That's never happened before so I am happy to hear that.

No distractions then. Lamar is a professional. He's had bigger distractions with the drug issue and he came back as a miami heat and had a fabulous year.

The marriage thing is a happy part of his life.

One thing that Im really confused about that seems missing is lamar's kids. Didn't he have a child who died from someone else who was his "girlfriend" at the time? I didn't hear of them breaking up.
He also father other kids who did not attend his wedding mentioend in some article.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: