Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2006, 01:17 PM   #16
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
No doubt.

I mentioned Peppers because Jaws was speaking about him. He's the only one on the crew that thought Peppers was more valuable to the Panthers success than Smith. I donno, it's a toss up really. It all starts & ends up front though - so I'd lean towards Peppers, inarguably the best defensive lineman in football this year.

Mike Irvin is such a square. He was saying how the winner of the Dallas/NY game was the class of the NFC. Chicago, Mike?

Smith shoulda hauled that in....

I wouldnt argue against Peppers. I mean I'd pick Steve Smith but if someone said Peppers...I'd accept it. Just two guys who make thier impact felt. I saw Irvin talkin bout that too. Dude is retarded. I missed the Carolina talks, just caught Irvin and his usual nonsense.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:18 PM   #17
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Vick to Crumpler for a TD vs Pitt. Seems thats Vick at his best. Now if they can only get Gtech WR Calvin Johnson.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:20 PM   #18
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

GOBB how much money you down this year already
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:23 PM   #19
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Calvin Johnson would be nice. Big body and good hands. Anyone vick has probably needs both. Not much to miss there. Kinda like Alge. ANd is it me or does Johnson look like vince Young when hes running? Tall and lanky. Looks like hes moving in slow motion but just glides past everybody.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:50 PM   #20
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation
Default ...

Four straight three-and-outs for the Panthers defense.

Impressive against the Bengals offense.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 01:53 PM   #21
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

To be honest I think they gave Rudi a bad spot on that last 3rd down. I'll take it though.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:58 PM   #22
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
I think Americans hate soccer and hockey because so much time of nothing happening when it could be. In the NFL a Wr might be 40-50 yards down the field at the end of a play. He cant just teleport back to the huddle. They have to have time. Its not slow despite constant action. Its slow because its a huge field with guys ending up all over it and needing to get back where they started and decide what to do next. Hockey and soccer basically never stop and even with that.....nothing much happens.

For the record, I am NOT a hockey fan....

But saying nothing happens in a hockey game is one of most ludicrous statements I've ever heard...

have you ever sat down and watched a hockey game from start to finish...it's exhausting there's so much action....and I don't even care for it...

if anything, nfl football is filled with time where NOTHING happens...it's only about 5-10 minutes of actual game time and many of the plays are boring....

So why do we love it? Because Americans like the down time, I think. Time to strategize, discuss the play, etc.....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKADS
GOBB how much money you down this year already

Havent been betting much. Neither college or pro football. Been awhile. I'm up $1600 betting on football.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:04 PM   #24
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What's the muddle huddle? Just heard the term in the Cinci/Lina game.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:06 PM   #25
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Yes ive watched a hockey game. Live in fact. "Nothing" doesnt literally mean everyone stands still. But nothing of note happens. Kinda like soccer in that its basically people going back and forth doing the exact same thing until an attempt to score that lasts about a third of a second then more time of nothing.

Many sports are like that. Football in ways. But there is a bigger range of possibility than a guy kicking a ball softly to his teammate who walks 5 steps thn kicks it back. then kicks it to the side....for another guy to walk 5-6 steps with it...then kick it back. Soccer is the most boring thing ive ever played. Even worse than t-ball

Basically any game with a goalie isnt that exciting. People simply being in motion isnt exciting to me.

Basketball is the best example of a sport where something is almost always happening. Unless you want to count Nascar. But I dont consider driving a sport no matter how fast you happen to be going.

Last edited by Kblaze8855 : 10-22-2006 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #26
Big One
Local High School Star

Big One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
For the record, I am NOT a hockey fan....

But saying nothing happens in a hockey game is one of most ludicrous statements I've ever heard...

have you ever sat down and watched a hockey game from start to finish...it's exhausting there's so much action....and I don't even care for it...

if anything, nfl football is filled with time where NOTHING happens...it's only about 5-10 minutes of actual game time and many of the plays are boring....

So why do we love it? Because Americans like the down time, I think. Time to strategize, discuss the play, etc.....

That is so true, kblaze doesnt have a clue about what he is saying. He is like the usual dumb american. Have you actually ever sat down and watched a hockey game? I dont think you have because they are much much more exciting then football games. The game is actually being played the full 60 minutes and the players are going all out with no stoppage. Word of advice to all you people out there who think hockey is very boring, watch a game before saying its so boring and you will see what i mean.
Big One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:09 PM   #27
HaNdLe ThE RoCk
NBA All-star

HaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputationHaNdLe ThE RoCk has decent reputation

i'm watchin the bucs vs eagles and the bucs are just dominating right now..
HaNdLe ThE RoCk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #28
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ..

I am losing hopes on the Eagles season watching this bs.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:12 PM   #29
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I can't belive you guys are arguing which sport is more exciting. That's just stupid. No one is going to change their opinion so what's the point? It's all about preference for certain sports.

Just so you know Big One, I only watch hockey in the playoffs, and I don't find it all that exciting at all. Football on the other hand I love. There's just more strategy to it, it seems, and more pressure on the star players. But I'm not going to say one's more interesting or exciting than the other just because I like one more. Because that's a dumb argument to have with someone.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 02:13 PM   #30
NoGunzJustSkillz

NoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNoGunzJustSkillz is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default ...

GOBB, how u watching Falcons/Steelers?
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: