Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 09-23-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
Nets fan 93
Brooklyn Nets >

Nets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterNets fan 93 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Prokhorov Gets 80% of Nets, 45% of Arena

Quote:
Ratner, Prokhorov Set Deal — Russian Gets 80% of Nets, 45% of Arena
September 23, 2009, 1:35 pm
Bruce Ratner and Mikhail Prokhorov have announced a wide ranging deal that will result in the Russian billionaire controlling 80% of the Nets and 45% of Barclays Center. In a press release issued Wednesday, Ratner and Prokhorov announced: “Entities to be formed by Onexim Group will invest $200 million and make certain contingent funding commitments to acquire 45% of the arena project and 80% of the NBA team, and the right to purchase up to 20% of the Atlantic Yards.”
http://www.netsdaily.com/?p=8747
Nets fan 93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

Kiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation hereKiddlovesnets has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Prokhorov Gets 80% of Nets, 45% of Arena

It is like a dream come true!

Now its time for Ratner to get out of here!

Last edited by Kiddlovesnets : 09-23-2009 at 04:10 PM.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #3
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

MTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMTing is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

80%?
How does that work?
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #4
jcrudo
I airball my layups

jcrudo has an OK reputation so far

I wonder if he'll make any changes to the team or management. Does Jayz have any say anymore? lol Doesn't he own like less than 1 or 2%?
jcrudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:39 PM   #5
tedloc
Serious playground baller

tedloc has an OK reputation so far

i read he's bringing over his coaches from cska moscow.
probably a good thing considering they won two eurobasket championships.

plus dude is absolutely loaded. you'll get the new arena real quick.
tedloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:03 AM   #6
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

A nice influx of cash into the team will be greatly appreciated. The Nets gutted their coaching staff, and scouting departments under Ratner. Praise Jah for the fall of the Soviet Union and the rise of the Oligarcs!
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:19 AM   #7
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTing
80%?
How does that work?
i --think-- that primary team owners usually own a little over 50% of their franchise, so 80% would be quite a large share. but it makes sense, considering how rich he is and how aggressive he will probably be.

i could be wrong, but so far i'm sensing this will be a bit like marc cuban 2.0- all areas of the team will probably get an upgrade, including bringing back the scouts at some point, but prokhorov may be so headstrong that he makes a certain number of moves that are counterproductive, such as in overvaluing his army of russian basketball people that he will bring in to replace management positions.

still, unlike cuban, he brings experience with a very successful franchise to the table. (PBC CSKA moscow)
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 10:19 AM   #8
jcrudo
I airball my layups

Double-edged sword. Wasn't it Ratner that broke up the Finals team a few years back? I think he was the reason K-mart was not resigned and Kittles? The nets steadily declined since then. Hopefully his experience of owning the other team brings us fortune
Old 09-24-2009, 05:17 PM   #9
tedloc
Serious playground baller

tedloc has an OK reputation so far

andre kirilenko to the nets, write it down it's comin.
tedloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:39 AM   #10
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrudo
Wasn't it Ratner that broke up the Finals team a few years back? I think he was the reason K-mart was not resigned and Kittles? The nets steadily declined since then.
what is your point?
Old 09-25-2009, 09:11 AM   #11
jcrudo
I airball my layups

That new ownership is not always good. I'm sure Ratner didn't intend to butcher the team at the time. I really hope this influx of cash and his experience turns this franchise around though. Maybe free agents will see the nets more appealing now
Old 09-25-2009, 12:25 PM   #12
gigantes
A piece of fluff

bruce ratner never butchered the nets. getting rid of kmart and kittles was unfortunate but was absolutely the smartest thing the nets could have done given that their bodies were shot. and it's true that the nets have been minor players in free agency ever since, but that's hardly ratner's fault given the steady yearly losses and the fact that no major player is ever interested in signing with the nets.

rod thorn managed to capture lightning in a bottle when he traded for jason kidd, but other than that magical event and having two healthy greyhounds on the fastbreak who were also killer defenders (kmart and kittles), the nets right now are pretty-much the same as they've always been- a mediocre team daydreaming about glory.

love him or hate him, the person who propelled the nets to take a huge step forward is none other than bruce ratner. his insistence on the brooklyn move, regardless if it was to further his development project, has turned the nets from perennial nobodies into a team to be taken seriously... very seriously. but it's true he needed prokhorov to seal the deal.

Last edited by gigantes : 09-25-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-27-2009, 10:05 AM   #13
Sherwinator
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Sherwinator has an OK reputation so far

Here's an awesome article I found regarding the sale of the Nets.....

Brooklyn Nets
Sherwinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:27 PM   #14
gigantes
A piece of fluff

thanks, sherwinator. so far i'd have to say this is the best article i've seen. "net income" has just about passed dave d'allessandro as the best nets writer IMO:
http://www.netsdaily.com/blog/?p=1424

it lays out all the pros and all the cons of the coming sale... what could go right and everything that can go wrong. both potentials are enormous, from the nets becoming the richest and possibly most-premier team in the league, successfully luring lebron james and another superstar here next year, all the way to the deal completely falling apart and the team being sold to a city way out west.

what some here may not know is that the sale is not a done deal and could be called off due to several reasons, the most dangerous perhaps being the 'counterattacks' being run by the arena protestors.
Old 09-28-2009, 06:07 AM   #15
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think this is a good thing for you guys.

He has to be better than that tightass, Ratner....
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: