Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Old 04-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

Default April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Miami at Atlanta, 8:00 p.m. ET (SERIES TIED 2-2 COMING INTO THIS GAME)-- The AP reports: On Monday, Pachulia may have saved this season for the Hawks with his gritty performance in Game 4 against the Miami Heat. Getting down and dirty—and sporting a black eye for extra effect—he scored 12 points and grabbed 18 rebounds in a game the Hawks had to have, an 81-71 victory that sent the series back to Atlanta tied at two games apiece... Coach Mike Woodson went with essentially a seven-man rotation in Game 4, and Pachulia was on the court for the crucial minutes instead of starting center Al Horford. That was an easy call. Horford struggled through a 1-for-5 shooting night. Pachulia shot better (5 of 8), played harassing defense and seemed to grab every loose ball in the 407 area code... The Heat also has some injury woes. Wade is bothered by back spasms but said he’ll definitely play in Game 5. Jamario Moon isn’t as fortunate; Miami said the backup forward is done for the season after being diagnosed with a sports hernia that needs surgery.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
plowking
greeting earthlings

Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Magloire needs to be out there, as stupid as that may sound. He's an enforcer who keeps players out of the middle. He only got a minute last game and barely got to get any hard fouls on the Hawks players.

Furthermore, Spo needs to open his eyes and realize that Beasley causes Smith so much trouble, even if he's not scoring. He simply takes him away from his own game and causes Smith to focus to much on Beasley.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Funny how the Hawks injuries don't merit a mention in the AP report. The Hawks have been without a 14 ppg starter the last two games and JJ has a sprained ankle but Wade's back is all anyone wants to talk about. His back certainly didn't bother him much in games 2 and 3.

If Wade didn't flop so much trying to get calls he probably wouldnt get hurt so often. It isn't like he has been getting hit going to the basket.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
plowking
greeting earthlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Funny how the Hawks injuries don't merit a mention in the AP report. The Hawks have been without a 14 ppg starter the last two games and JJ has a sprained ankle but Wade's back is all anyone wants to talk about. His back certainly didn't bother him much in games 2 and 3.

If Wade didn't flop so much trying to get calls he probably wouldnt get hurt so often. It isn't like he has been getting hit going to the basket.

Why you hatin'?

Wade supposedly felt bad in shoot around before the game. Take that how you want to, because I don't know what to think of it either.

Just to mention Wade and flopping. I think in the first two games he was hard done by on some of his drives. He was hit a few times and fouls weren't caled. Just my thought, and that may be a reason he was trying to sell it more in game 4.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Why you hatin'?

Wade supposedly felt bad in shoot around before the game. Take that how you want to, because I don't know what to think of it either.

Just to mention Wade and flopping. I think in the first two games he was hard done by on some of his drives. He was hit a few times and fouls weren't caled. Just my thought, and that may be a reason he was trying to sell it more in game 4.

He is taking 8 threes a game. He isn't going to the basket much at all.

But when he pump fakes a jumper and then dives into someone and contorts his body to try and draw a foul he could easily get hurt. Or when he dives to the floor like he just got shot after minimal contact again he puts himself at risk of getting hurt.

The fact that nobody talks about the Hawks injuries is a bit irritating. Judging by the media's coverage in this series there is only one team playing.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
plowking
greeting earthlings

Quote:
He is taking 8 threes a game. He isn't going to the basket much at all.

But when he pump fakes a jumper and then dives into someone and contorts his body to try and draw a foul he could easily get hurt. Or when he dives to the floor like he just got shot after minimal contact again he puts himself at risk of getting hurt.

The fact that nobody talks about the Hawks injuries is a bit irritating. Judging by the media's coverage in this series there is only one team playing.

I disagree. Atlanta is getting their due.

Wade has to drive to the basket more. His injury is back spasms, that's common for someone of his size and build, especially if there is a family history.

Wade needs to drive and dish. Take the open jumpers by all means, though I doubt 8 threes are open every game, which is why I don't want him taking them. If they sag off, pull up.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

Miami will be more focused on Zaza, meaning Al has to step up tonight. As does JJ.

Another must win game for the Hawks.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
BFRESH44
College star

Hawks have done a great job denying dribble penetration from Wade. That why he's had to resort primarily to the pull-up game. I think I've seen Wade dunk maybe two times this series.

I really don't feel good about this one. Think we lose tonight, win on friday. And you have Game 7 in Atlanta for all the marbles on Sunday.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #9
plowking
greeting earthlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Miami will be more focused on Zaza, meaning Al has to step up tonight. As does JJ.

Another must win game for the Hawks.

Yeah, we'll be throwing triple teams at him. He's your regular day Wilt.
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
plowking
greeting earthlings

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Hawks have done a great job denying dribble penetration from Wade. That why he's had to resort primarily to the pull-up game. I think I've seen Wade dunk maybe two times this series.

I really don't feel good about this one. Think we lose tonight, win on friday. And you have Game 7 in Atlanta for all the marbles on Sunday.

We need to get it to JO in the post and we should be fine. He can kick out and get us open shots.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Looks like Marvin is out again. Don't expect to see anything in the national media though. They act like Moon being out is a big deal even though he was healthy in game 1 and didn't play.

But if the Hawks are missing a 14 ppg starter who happens to be their best man defender.... no biggie.
Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman

Sucks that Moon is out for the season. Well it'll be interesting to see if we can get our other role players going tonight.

Beasley better start playing more aggressive.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #13
Stacey King
ROY=D-Rose

Quote:

Back spasms can flare up at any time, and its a b*tch to keep em under control. It wasn't necessarily a blow he took during a game; he could have aggravated it at any time.
Stacey King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
jrong
Revolution untelevised

Quote:

With all due respect, what player on the Hawks bears national significance? The Heat have the leading scorer in the league and an MVP candidate.

The Hawks will have beat Cleveland (and I'll be rooting for you all the way if you guys are the ones to play them), or at least you'll play them very, very tough for the national media to consider you an important story. All the Heat have to do is just get into a series with them, however, for it to be an important story, because of the James/ Wade matchup.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #15
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
With all due respect, what player on the Hawks bears national significance? The Heat have the leading scorer in the league and an MVP candidate.

The Hawks will have beat Cleveland (and I'll be rooting for you all the way if you guys are the ones to play them), or at least you'll play them very, very tough for the national media to consider you an important story. All the Heat have to do is just get into a series with them, however, for it to be an important story, because of the James/ Wade matchup.

How does Moon have national significance? He is just a 7 ppg role player. Marvin averages twice as many points as Moon but somehow Moon's health is a big story.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: