Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Atlanta Hawks Forum

Atlanta Hawks Forum Atlanta Hawks message board - atlanta hawks fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2009, 05:54 AM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator
 
insidehoops's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 10,628
Default April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Miami at Atlanta, 8:00 p.m. ET (SERIES TIED 2-2 COMING INTO THIS GAME)-- The AP reports: On Monday, Pachulia may have saved this season for the Hawks with his gritty performance in Game 4 against the Miami Heat. Getting down and dirty—and sporting a black eye for extra effect—he scored 12 points and grabbed 18 rebounds in a game the Hawks had to have, an 81-71 victory that sent the series back to Atlanta tied at two games apiece... Coach Mike Woodson went with essentially a seven-man rotation in Game 4, and Pachulia was on the court for the crucial minutes instead of starting center Al Horford. That was an easy call. Horford struggled through a 1-for-5 shooting night. Pachulia shot better (5 of 8), played harassing defense and seemed to grab every loose ball in the 407 area code... The Heat also has some injury woes. Wade is bothered by back spasms but said he’ll definitely play in Game 5. Jamario Moon isn’t as fortunate; Miami said the backup forward is done for the season after being diagnosed with a sports hernia that needs surgery.
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:27 AM   #2
plowking
greeting earthlings
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 21,534
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Magloire needs to be out there, as stupid as that may sound. He's an enforcer who keeps players out of the middle. He only got a minute last game and barely got to get any hard fouls on the Hawks players.

Furthermore, Spo needs to open his eyes and realize that Beasley causes Smith so much trouble, even if he's not scoring. He simply takes him away from his own game and causes Smith to focus to much on Beasley.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 AM   #3
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,428
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Funny how the Hawks injuries don't merit a mention in the AP report. The Hawks have been without a 14 ppg starter the last two games and JJ has a sprained ankle but Wade's back is all anyone wants to talk about. His back certainly didn't bother him much in games 2 and 3.

If Wade didn't flop so much trying to get calls he probably wouldnt get hurt so often. It isn't like he has been getting hit going to the basket.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:51 AM   #4
plowking
greeting earthlings
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 21,534
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Funny how the Hawks injuries don't merit a mention in the AP report. The Hawks have been without a 14 ppg starter the last two games and JJ has a sprained ankle but Wade's back is all anyone wants to talk about. His back certainly didn't bother him much in games 2 and 3.

If Wade didn't flop so much trying to get calls he probably wouldnt get hurt so often. It isn't like he has been getting hit going to the basket.

Why you hatin'?

Wade supposedly felt bad in shoot around before the game. Take that how you want to, because I don't know what to think of it either.

Just to mention Wade and flopping. I think in the first two games he was hard done by on some of his drives. He was hit a few times and fouls weren't caled. Just my thought, and that may be a reason he was trying to sell it more in game 4.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #5
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,428
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Why you hatin'?

Wade supposedly felt bad in shoot around before the game. Take that how you want to, because I don't know what to think of it either.

Just to mention Wade and flopping. I think in the first two games he was hard done by on some of his drives. He was hit a few times and fouls weren't caled. Just my thought, and that may be a reason he was trying to sell it more in game 4.

He is taking 8 threes a game. He isn't going to the basket much at all.

But when he pump fakes a jumper and then dives into someone and contorts his body to try and draw a foul he could easily get hurt. Or when he dives to the floor like he just got shot after minimal contact again he puts himself at risk of getting hurt.

The fact that nobody talks about the Hawks injuries is a bit irritating. Judging by the media's coverage in this series there is only one team playing.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #6
plowking
greeting earthlings
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 21,534
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
He is taking 8 threes a game. He isn't going to the basket much at all.

But when he pump fakes a jumper and then dives into someone and contorts his body to try and draw a foul he could easily get hurt. Or when he dives to the floor like he just got shot after minimal contact again he puts himself at risk of getting hurt.

The fact that nobody talks about the Hawks injuries is a bit irritating. Judging by the media's coverage in this series there is only one team playing.

I disagree. Atlanta is getting their due.

Wade has to drive to the basket more. His injury is back spasms, that's common for someone of his size and build, especially if there is a family history.

Wade needs to drive and dish. Take the open jumpers by all means, though I doubt 8 threes are open every game, which is why I don't want him taking them. If they sag off, pull up.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:49 AM   #7
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan
 
hawkfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 11,397
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Miami will be more focused on Zaza, meaning Al has to step up tonight. As does JJ.

Another must win game for the Hawks.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:50 AM   #8
BFRESH44
College star
 
BFRESH44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Coral Gables/Miami, FL
Posts: 3,177
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Hawks have done a great job denying dribble penetration from Wade. That why he's had to resort primarily to the pull-up game. I think I've seen Wade dunk maybe two times this series.

I really don't feel good about this one. Think we lose tonight, win on friday. And you have Game 7 in Atlanta for all the marbles on Sunday.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:51 AM   #9
plowking
greeting earthlings
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 21,534
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
Miami will be more focused on Zaza, meaning Al has to step up tonight. As does JJ.

Another must win game for the Hawks.



Yeah, we'll be throwing triple teams at him. He's your regular day Wilt.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #10
plowking
greeting earthlings
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: now taking over your radio
Posts: 21,534
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFRESH44
Hawks have done a great job denying dribble penetration from Wade. That why he's had to resort primarily to the pull-up game. I think I've seen Wade dunk maybe two times this series.

I really don't feel good about this one. Think we lose tonight, win on friday. And you have Game 7 in Atlanta for all the marbles on Sunday.

We need to get it to JO in the post and we should be fine. He can kick out and get us open shots.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #11
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,428
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Looks like Marvin is out again. Don't expect to see anything in the national media though. They act like Moon being out is a big deal even though he was healthy in game 1 and didn't play.

But if the Hawks are missing a 14 ppg starter who happens to be their best man defender.... no biggie.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM   #12
InfiniteBaskets
Decent college freshman
 
InfiniteBaskets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,715
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Sucks that Moon is out for the season. Well it'll be interesting to see if we can get our other role players going tonight.

Beasley better start playing more aggressive.
InfiniteBaskets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 06:58 PM   #13
Stacey King
ROY=D-Rose
 
Stacey King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 358
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tontoz
Funny how the Hawks injuries don't merit a mention in the AP report. The Hawks have been without a 14 ppg starter the last two games and JJ has a sprained ankle but Wade's back is all anyone wants to talk about. His back certainly didn't bother him much in games 2 and 3.

If Wade didn't flop so much trying to get calls he probably wouldnt get hurt so often. It isn't like he has been getting hit going to the basket.

Back spasms can flare up at any time, and its a b*tch to keep em under control. It wasn't necessarily a blow he took during a game; he could have aggravated it at any time.
Stacey King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:23 PM   #14
jrong
Revolution untelevised
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,603
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Quote:
The fact that nobody talks about the Hawks injuries is a bit irritating. Judging by the media's coverage in this series there is only one team playing.

With all due respect, what player on the Hawks bears national significance? The Heat have the leading scorer in the league and an MVP candidate.

The Hawks will have beat Cleveland (and I'll be rooting for you all the way if you guys are the ones to play them), or at least you'll play them very, very tough for the national media to consider you an important story. All the Heat have to do is just get into a series with them, however, for it to be an important story, because of the James/ Wade matchup.
jrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 07:34 PM   #15
tontoz
NBA rookie of the year
 
tontoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,428
Default Re: April 29: Heat at Hawks, Game 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrong
With all due respect, what player on the Hawks bears national significance? The Heat have the leading scorer in the league and an MVP candidate.

The Hawks will have beat Cleveland (and I'll be rooting for you all the way if you guys are the ones to play them), or at least you'll play them very, very tough for the national media to consider you an important story. All the Heat have to do is just get into a series with them, however, for it to be an important story, because of the James/ Wade matchup.


How does Moon have national significance? He is just a 7 ppg role player. Marvin averages twice as many points as Moon but somehow Moon's health is a big story.
tontoz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:35 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy