Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 PM   #1
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Default Rockets Preseason Thread

1st Game: at San Antonio

I didn't catch it until 2nd quarter but the fast paced rockets look good. I think many people are underrating houston because the big names are gone Yao, Mac, Artest... im not saying this is a championship squad but this is not a lost season.

Landry looks good, early in the pre season he looks like one of the focuses on offense. interested to see how he handles that responsibility. Lowry looks real good. looks like he slimmed down, he looked chubby when he first came to houston. David Anderson just as i feared is a softy, hopefully he toughens up as the season goes on.

Again didn't get to see the 1st quarter and not many players really caught my eye yet. Dejuan Blair of San Antonio is going to be a really effective player.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 06:10 PM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Default Re: Rockets Preseason Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
1st Game: at San Antonio

I didn't catch it until 2nd quarter but the fast paced rockets look good. I think many people are underrating houston because the big names are gone Yao, Mac, Artest... im not saying this is a championship squad but this is not a lost season.

Landry looks good, early in the pre season he looks like one of the focuses on offense. interested to see how he handles that responsibility. Lowry looks real good. looks like he slimmed down, he looked chubby when he first came to houston. David Anderson just as i feared is a softy, hopefully he toughens up as the season goes on.

Again didn't get to see the 1st quarter and not many players really caught my eye yet. Dejuan Blair of San Antonio is going to be a really effective player.

Yea thats what I've been saying in the off-season, I don't think the Rockets are done, or are going to be scrubs, I think if they continue to play as a team we'll do fine. Our main problem is not having a big man and that showed big time yesterday. Dejuan Blair was killing us on the rebounds, but he did have problems trying to back down Chuck Hayes. He reminds me of Paul Milsap.

Landy was looking great! He's a great 6th man to have because he brings a lot of energy, and he looks like a better defensive player so far. Lowry did slim down, and thats good to see. They said he lost 12 pounds I think? and he's also been working on his jump shot as well. As far as David Anderson, I think his only problem is his athleticism and strength. He got pushed around and couldn't get up on the boards, and his shot wasn't falling like it was supposed to, but if he keeps shooting shots they'll fall and he'll get more adjusted. The player who got me hyped the most was Budinger. He looked comfortable out there shooting, and looked good bringing the ball down court and driving to the rim. I think he has a lot potential of being a good player in this league, and I think he could be a good piece to this Rocket team.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
pmklings
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I think that chase budinger and chuck hayes are going to be crucial off the bench this year. what does everyone else think?
pmklings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:33 PM   #4
Jordandunk23
Rockets

chase budinger i tell you, he's one hell of a shooter. when people was first describing his game to me, he sounded like steve novak... and we all know what happened with that. but budinger is the real deal. that mid range stroke is going to get him alot of points specially since he shoots at such an efficient percentage. i know its still the preseason but i would not be surprised at all if budinger goes out and averages 15 a game in his rookie year. i think he is certainly capable of it. what a steal from the 2nd round.

some rockets fan have grown tired of hayes. i still very much like him. as a backup forward to scola and landry or even a backup center to yao. but as of right now he is probably the best center houston has. as much as he maybe a non factor on offense, he is a solid defender and rebounder, something david anderson will struggle on early in his career. so i think he will be important in his backup role. i guess Scola will slide over to center and start alongside landry whos offense has impressed in the preseason.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
chase budinger i tell you, he's one hell of a shooter. when people was first describing his game to me, he sounded like steve novak... and we all know what happened with that. but budinger is the real deal. that mid range stroke is going to get him alot of points specially since he shoots at such an efficient percentage. i know its still the preseason but i would not be surprised at all if budinger goes out and averages 15 a game in his rookie year. i think he is certainly capable of it. what a steal from the 2nd round.

some rockets fan have grown tired of hayes. i still very much like him. as a backup forward to scola and landry or even a backup center to yao. but as of right now he is probably the best center houston has. as much as he maybe a non factor on offense, he is a solid defender and rebounder, something david anderson will struggle on early in his career. so i think he will be important in his backup role. i guess Scola will slide over to center and start alongside landry whos offense has impressed in the preseason.

Yea I was gonna make a thread about Budinger, but I figured it was too early since its only pre-season,. He definitely looks like he could be something amazing for us, or maybe Rookie of the year I hope he can stay consistent and continue to work hard.

As far as Chuck, when we 1st got him I didn't really like him, but I started to like him a lot last year, and a little bit the year before last. Like you said he might not be a threat on offense, be he does extremely well on defense and he's a great rebounder. His defense is so underrated, and a lot of times you'll see refs call a foul on him because they don't know who he is and they think just because he's smaller than everyone else in the paint, he can't play good D. I'm glad we hung on to him because I wasn't fond of him when we 1st got him.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 06:39 PM   #6
mattevans11
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmklings
I think that chase budinger and chuck hayes are going to be crucial off the bench this year. what does everyone else think?

CHUCK HAYES SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! period.....end of statement!!!!!!

give dorsey a chance damn it!!!!!
mattevans11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:14 PM   #7
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattevans11
CHUCK HAYES SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!! period.....end of statement!!!!!!

give dorsey a chance damn it!!!!!

Yes, yes that is why both JVG and Rick Adleman use him in critical situations and start him when Yao goes down.

He may be the best post defender left with Yao out and I'll be interested to see how they utilize these smaller yet quicker bigs against teams like SA and Boston who are huge. It's going to be a different style of basketball this year for Houston and I really can't predict anything or anticipate any type of season until I see them play in the regular season with regularity in the lineup.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: