Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-22-2006, 11:17 PM   #16
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

why do people post this stuff in the nba forum?
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:19 PM   #17
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Because ISH is not just a baskteball messageboard. ISH is an online community. We post about EVERYTHING. We're all sports fans here. What the *** is the problem? That's why the topic said OT (offtopic). You didn't have to click it, fool.

Anyway, I knew Merriman was doped up! Kid was too big and too fast to be true
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:23 PM   #18
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
I like GB.

But have no clue to football in general? Wow

Quote:
Is there a thread somewhere on ISH that says they are on roids?

No hence the question.

Quote:

He's no bigger than other NFL players you dope. Get a clue.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:26 PM   #19
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
He's no bigger than other NFL players you dope. Get a clue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit
Kid was too big and too fast to be true

Learn to read, dipshyt. There is no linebacker/lineman in the NFL that has the combination of size and speed that Merriman has. Peppers is the only comparable one.
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:28 PM   #20
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Here's what I wrote...

Quote:
My football knowlege is somewhat limited

Here's what you think I wrote...

Quote:
But have no clue to football in general? Wow

Notice a difference?

Quote:
No hence the question.

There wasn't a thread about them being on roids, so I assumed they weren't on roids. there was a thread on Merriman being on roids, so I assumed he was on roids. Not hard to understand.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:36 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Here's what I wrote...

Here's what you think I wrote...

Notice a difference?

There wasn't a thread about them being on roids, so I assumed they weren't on roids. there was a thread on Merriman being on roids, so I assumed he was on roids. Not hard to understand.

What you wrote is irrelevant. Merriman is a well known player. Popular. I dont sport a Flyers avatar because my knowledge is like yours when it comes to football. Hence why i asked why you sport a popular franchise avatar but make female accusations "ugh who is that stupid football player?".

And you are obviously being a lil slow right now. Maybe its time to hit the sack. The question asked is simple. Notice everyone claiming to have known Merriman was on something regardless of suspension? Notice i ask why the selected players i listed were accused by them as well? You cant claim Merriman must have been on something and overlook how insanely HUGE Ray Lewis is. But no one has ever questioned his size. He gets talked about but is he on something? Is never mentioned. Yet we know Merriman did something and this news just makes thier accusations much more accurate.

Lots of guys are Merriman's size right now. Lots come out of the NFL light and end up his size. Jevon Kearse is another guy who was much lighter then he is now. Even changed positions as Merriman did. Guys in college and nfl are just huge. So i dont see how one could question Merriman and NO ONE else. Mindboggling.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:39 PM   #22
lebron_zoom
Great young streetballer

lebron_zoom has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Wrong he came in the nfl a lil over 250.

Now he is about 6'4 270...no different than other pass rushing DE who came into the league and added on. No different than Dwight Freeney when he was drafted. Weighing 248-252 and now around 170 or so.

I HOPE your not sayin Freeneys 170... hes over 260 WAY OFF if you were talking about Freeney being 170
lebron_zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:47 PM   #23
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
What you wrote is irrelevant. Merriman is a well known player. Popular. I dont sport a Flyers avatar because my knowledge is like yours when it comes to football. Hence why i asked why you sport a popular franchise avatar but make female accusations "ugh who is that stupid football player?".

This is just stupid. You're arguing how much I know about football, when I already said that I don't know a lot. It's my second favourite sport, but I don't follow it like crazy. I know of a couple of players on each team, and I'll be honest, not many of them are defensive players or offensive linemen. They just aren't as popular.

And why does it matter why I sport a Packers avatar? Does it make me any less of a fan because I like a team hat a lot of other people like? Maybe it's true that I only started liking them because Favre is such a popular player, or because they were a contender when I first started liking football. So what. The point is, I'm a fan of them, so they're in my avatar. What do you care?

Quote:
And you are obviously being a lil slow right now. Maybe its time to hit the sack. The question asked is simple. Notice everyone claiming to have known Merriman was on something regardless of suspension? Notice i ask why the selected players i listed were accused by them as well? You cant claim Merriman must have been on something and overlook how insanely HUGE Ray Lewis is. But no one has ever questioned his size. He gets talked about but is he on something? Is never mentioned. Yet we know Merriman did something and this news just makes thier accusations much more accurate.

That's true, and maybe I am being a little slow. I'm sure if I wanted to, I could put in a little more thought and look at those guys you mentioned, and assume that they're on steroids. But I don't know their exact body types and weights. I know they're football players, and they're linebackers (at least Lewis and Urlacher are), so they're probably pretty big. I'm sure if I took a careful look at their bodies, I could figure out if there was a possibility that they were on roids. But I didn't. I saw the name Shawn Merriman, and it said that he was supposedly on roids. I didn't automatically think, "Oh wait, maybe Urlacher and Lewis are on roids too". I just didn't. I saw the post, and I thought "Merriman is on roids". That's it. I don't know why you're making so much of this.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 11:56 PM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Because ISH is not just a baskteball messageboard. ISH is an online community. We post about EVERYTHING. We're all sports fans here. What the *** is the problem? That's why the topic said OT (offtopic). You didn't have to click it, fool.

Hey sherlock, ISH is not just a basketball forum, but the fricken NBA FORUM is. What the point of putting OT: in front of a topic? We have a perfectly good place for non-basketball discussions. Its called the off the court lounge, and more people should use it.

Its lame, probably half of the topics in the NBA forum have nothing to do with the NBA or basketball at all.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:59 PM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebron_zoom
I HOPE your not sayin Freeneys 170... hes over 260 WAY OFF if you were talking about Freeney being 170

Obviously i meant 270 idiot.
Old 10-23-2006, 12:00 AM   #26
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Learn to read, dipshyt. There is no linebacker/lineman in the NFL that has the combination of size and speed that Merriman has. Peppers is the only comparable one.

Wrong but I'll let you believe what you want.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:16 AM   #27
West-Side
Decent college freshman

West-Side has an OK reputation so far

Damn, I'm shocked and disappointed...I considered Merriman as a top 5 defensive player along side Urlacher, Lewis, Peppers and Bailey/Reed in this league, this is a huge setback for him...I'm not sure what to think, I hate seeing these things. Hopefully he learns from this, I think he has the ability to dominate without steroids.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:22 AM   #28
Tips4
High School Varsity 6th Man

Tips4 has an OK reputation so far

F*cking great !! My favorite defensive player is a scum !!
Tips4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:57 AM   #29
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool

I think merriman is a hell of a player and i think that is a shame that he took steroids. But if your gonna do something stupid like that then might as well get caught. I really liked merriman he is such a good player he held that san diego defense together.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:58 AM   #30
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
But if your gonna do something stupid like that then might as well get caught.

wait...what?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: