Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #1
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

TheGreatDeraj has decent reputationTheGreatDeraj has decent reputation
Default best Pg/C combinations

Rank these young pg/c combination now, and how they will develop as players and as teammates over the next few years:

-Rose/Noah
-Rondo/Perk
-Harris/Brooks
-Mayo/Gasol
-Bayless/Oden

Feel free to add any other pg/c combos you'd like to compare.

Right now:
1.Rondo/Perk
2.Rose/Noah
3.Mayo/Gasol
4.Harris/Brooks
5.Bayless/Oden

Future:
1. Rose/Noah
2. Mayo/Gasol
3. Rondo/Perk
4. Harris/Brooks
5. Bayless/Oden

I think Rose and Noah will grow together and become the best combination of scoring, hustle and defense. Mayo will be the best scorer of these players and Gasol will be a nice well-rounded counterpart to him, but Mayo won't ever be the pg that Rose or Rondo are. Rondo/Perk gets third because while they are the best defensively, they are probably the weakest on the offensive side. Rondo's jumper is still shaky and Perk only has a few post moves. Harris and Brooks are an interesting combo, and would be higher, but I don't see too much untapped potential in Harris. Oden and Bayless are last because of the injury problems of Oden and Bayless's poor offensive efficiently.
TheGreatDeraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: best Pg/C combinations

Ummm...I think you forgot about Nelson/Howard. Which is arguably #1.
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #3
HylianNightmare
Moe Harkless Bandwagon

HylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHylianNightmare is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

-Nelson/Howard
-Rose/Noah
-Mayo/Gasol
-Harris/Brooks
-Rondo/Perk
-Bayless/Oden
HylianNightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #4
AmoebaD
hip to be square

AmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this board

so is mayo considered a point guard now?

lord help us.

wait. williams/okur? paul/okafor? these guys do not count?

they are kinda glued to the hip for a few seasons.
AmoebaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Meticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMeticode is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Damn, people really must look down upon Williams/Shaq. No mention of them and Bayless/Oden is ranked higher...

No Parker/Duncan either... WTF is wrong people! There's several that should be considered... that haven't been mentioned

Williams/Boozer or Okur
Williams/Shaq
Parker/Duncan
Ellis/Biedreis
Bibby/Horford
Paul/Okafor

...just to name a few...

Last edited by Meticode : 09-24-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:47 PM   #6
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meticode
Ummm...I think you forgot about Nelson/Howard. Which is arguably #1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoebaD
so is mayo considered a point guard now?

lord help us.

wait. williams/okur? paul/okafor? these guys do not count?

Eh, I left off Nelson/Howard, Cp3/Okafor and Deron/Okur because I wanted to go with younger more unproven players.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #7
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
Eh, I left off Nelson/Howard, Cp3/Okafor and Deron/Okur because I wanted to go with younger more unproven players.

Understandable.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #8
AmoebaD
hip to be square

AmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this boardAmoebaD is popular on this board

Quote:

makes sense. so conley is chopped liver now. i never understood why he was taken so high. oden's coattails?
Old 09-24-2009, 01:00 PM   #9
lukekarts
Local High School Star

lukekarts has an OK reputation so far

I like Harris / Lopez as a combination, I think it is arguably the best-rounded pair you listed. Both are feasibly All Stars for a few seasons.

Rose / Noah is very one-sided, Rose will be an All Star but I doubt Noah ever will be.

Bayless / Oden is too unproven, and one-sided towards Oden.

Mayo / Gasol isn't really a PG / C combo, Mayo is so far only tried & tested as a shooting guard. He may well be an All Star, but Gasol is unlikely to be - I don't see that much potential in him.

Rondo / Perkins is arguably the most accomplished pair right now, but Perkins is limited defensively and won't be an All Star - Rondo should be.

So there you have it, Harris / Lopez is the most balanced duo and IMO the best.
lukekarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:02 PM   #10
TheGreatDeraj
Near-Life Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoebaD
makes sense. so conley is chopped liver now. i never understood why he was taken so high. oden's coattails?

I'm sure Oden had something to do with it. Conley isn't too bad though and really improved toward the end of last season. He had some nice 20 point games and even a 30 point game IIRC. His fg% was also much higher, he kept it closer to 50% toward the end of the season. For the season he did average 44%fg with over 40% from 3 and over 80% from the line.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
AmoebaD
hip to be square

Quote:
I'm sure Oden had something to do with it. Conley isn't too bad though and really improved toward the end of last season. He had some nice 20 point games and even a 30 point game IIRC. His fg% was also much higher, he kept it closer to 50% toward the end of the season. For the season he did average 44%fg with over 40% from 3 and over 80% from the line.

expect a downward spiral now. with that whole situation, with their roster and all.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:23 PM   #12
kurple
NBA All-star

kurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation herekurple has a near all-star reputation here

kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:29 PM   #13
noob cake
Great college starter

noob cake has decent reputation

Brooks/Yao

noob cake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:07 PM   #14
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

PacerRaptor has decent reputationPacerRaptor has decent reputation

Quote:
Rank these young pg/c combination now, and how they will develop as players and as teammates over the next few years:

-Rose/Noah
-Rondo/Perk
-Harris/Brooks
-Mayo/Gasol
-Bayless/Oden

Feel free to add any other pg/c combos you'd like to compare.

Right now:
1.Rondo/Perk
2.Rose/Noah
3.Mayo/Gasol
4.Harris/Brooks
5.Bayless/Oden

Future:
1. Rose/Noah
2. Mayo/Gasol
3. Rondo/Perk
4. Harris/Brooks
5. Bayless/Oden

I think Rose and Noah will grow together and become the best combination of scoring, hustle and defense. Mayo will be the best scorer of these players and Gasol will be a nice well-rounded counterpart to him, but Mayo won't ever be the pg that Rose or Rondo are. Rondo/Perk gets third because while they are the best defensively, they are probably the weakest on the offensive side. Rondo's jumper is still shaky and Perk only has a few post moves. Harris and Brooks are an interesting combo, and would be higher, but I don't see too much untapped potential in Harris. Oden and Bayless are last because of the injury problems of Oden and Bayless's poor offensive efficiently.
Mayo isnt a PG
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: