Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 09-23-2009, 09:11 PM   #1
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation
Default Pictures of new Rockets alternate uniforms

Pix in here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=4817
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 09:46 PM   #2
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Jordandunk23 has decent reputationJordandunk23 has decent reputation
Default Re: Pictures of new Rockets alternate uniforms

Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:31 PM   #3
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

So what are your thoughts? I like them, now its time to get black and yellow lol.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 01:24 AM   #4
Jordandunk23
Rockets

yeah i like em... it came out similar to what we've been predicting awhile back lol.

really i was looking for a whole new set, kinda getting tired of the metallic red but adding an alternative is nice too.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordandunk23
yeah i like em... it came out similar to what we've been predicting awhile back lol.

really i was looking for a whole new set, kinda getting tired of the metallic red but adding an alternative is nice too.

I wish the Rockets would go ahead and add black to their colors but I guess there not feeling black. Like I said I would love to see these as black, white, and yellow than the red. If we replaced that red with black I think the jerseys would look much better.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:35 PM   #6
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
I wish the Rockets would go ahead and add black to their colors but I guess there not feeling black. Like I said I would love to see these as black, white, and yellow than the red. If we replaced that red with black I think the jerseys would look much better.

at first when you were talking about black, yellow, white i was like wtf? what would that look like but after thinking about it, i think those would look pretty good. it gives a steelers feel.

like people in the main forum mentioned though, this is pretty much for the chinese fans, i mean that's basically what the alternate uniforms are. my theory, with yao ming out for the whole season, they need to keep their chinese fan base tuned in??

but with other uniforms, there's so much possibilities, but im tired of the metallic red away jerseys lol. i think they need to implement the navy blue again.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:11 PM   #7
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
at first when you were talking about black, yellow, white i was like wtf? what would that look like but after thinking about it, i think those would look pretty good. it gives a steelers feel.

like people in the main forum mentioned though, this is pretty much for the chinese fans, i mean that's basically what the alternate uniforms are. my theory, with yao ming out for the whole season, they need to keep their chinese fan base tuned in??

but with other uniforms, there's so much possibilities, but im tired of the metallic red away jerseys lol. i think they need to implement the navy blue again.

KB24 made this in the photoshop thread.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
gasolina
DEY DA-PRESSED

gasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat coolgasolina is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

I don't really get this. Would americans love wearing red white and blue? Frankly I'd be sick of red and yellow if a was chinese.
gasolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:04 PM   #9
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasolina
I don't really get this. Would americans love wearing red white and blue? Frankly I'd be sick of red and yellow if a was chinese.

you make a good point and i understand what your saying. but i think it has something to do with Yao Ming's status, being the face of chinese basketball and being the face of an American Franchise in houston rockets... making those jerseys shows an appeal to chinese fans. its like when USA basketball wear their colors to the olympics, i think these alternate jerseys would be appealing to chinese fans as well as it translating to american fans. i don't know, just a theory... i mean they are classic houston colors nonetheless.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #10
Magic Vinsanity
Local High School Star

Magic Vinsanity has an OK reputation so far

I like them, modern with a retro Rockets feel. I'm hoping for a black Orlando kit in the current style.

I dont really like the black photoshop version, first thing I thought of when I saw it was the Indiana Pacers.
Magic Vinsanity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: