Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-23-2006, 02:55 PM   #1
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default OT: Does this make you nervous?

This is a poll I saw on Yahoo:

NBC has decided not to air a segment of their upcoming Madonna concert special where she mounts a crucifix and wears a crown of thorns. How do you feel about this?

- It's censorship! Let the artist speak!
- Good! I don't care for such symbolism.
- Everyone is far too bent out of shape about this.

The results?

It's censorship! Let the artist speak! 16% 1868 votes
Good! I don't care for such symbolism. 53% 6109 votes
Everyone is far too bent out of shape about this. 30% 3495 votes

It's scary when the First Amendment answer gets by far the lowest score. Yikes!!!
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 02:59 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

man, no wonder they wouldn't let her adopt that kid.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #3
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

Freedom of speech also protects a network's freedom to only air programming that they think enhances whatever image they're going after. They must be worried about offending Christian viewers. No big deal to me.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:01 PM   #4
Mark Cuban
Banned

Mark Cuban has an OK reputation so far

I hate hypocrit,church going,my crapdont stink,stuck up,censor everything from my 12 year,dumb,stupid,broads.
Mark Cuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #5
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Cuban
I hate hypocrit,church going,my crapdont stink,stuck up,censor everything from my 12 year,dumb,stupid,broads.

Was that English? Do you have terrets syndrome?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #6
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

What the ****

Does anybody honestly care what Madonna does anymore? She once said something along the lines of "Without my parents values, there would have been nothing to rebel against." Basically saying that she "rebelled" for the sake of rebelling at BEST, more likely to create an image for herself to make money. She's an attention-grabbing whore who wore out her welcome a long time ago, had about two catchy songs per decade, and makes terrible movies.

And she is not and NEVER WAS HOT.

I am in favor of whatever aspect of censorship keeps Madonna out of my television. Starts and ends there though.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:08 PM   #7
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
Freedom of speech also protects a network's freedom to only air programming that they think enhances whatever image they're going after. They must be worried about offending Christian viewers. No big deal to me.

I'm not really commenting on NBC's view of it...althought I do have an opinion...

I'm commenting on what the pollers said

53% would rather censor something they are not fond of, then support the right of a network to show it... only 18% view it as censorship....

that doesn't scare anyone?
Old 10-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #8
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Anyone else hear about that priest calling in the bomb threat to a Madonna concert, because he was opposed to the cross being used in the set? They traced the call back to a church, and then he admitted it.
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #9
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Why do people feel it's cool to make fun of what others take seriously?
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:12 PM   #10
Mark Cuban
Banned

Mark Cuban has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Was that English? Do you have terrets syndrome?

Yes it was english, do you speak it mfer.
Mark Cuban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #11
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Why do people feel it's cool to make fun of what others take seriously?

Just freedom of expression....
Old 10-23-2006, 03:17 PM   #12
Jerm
I'm trying to improve myself. I'm the new, better Jerm

Jerm has an OK reputation so far

Why do you feel freedom of expression is best expressed when you insult what other hold in high esteem?

If I decide to carry banners saying women are lesser beings than men, how is that right??
Jerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:19 PM   #13
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

so what is she claiming to be the savior of by doing this? jesus died for our sins........is she dying for the sake of our eardrums?
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:30 PM   #14
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm
Why do you feel freedom of expression is best expressed when you insult what other hold in high esteem?

If I decide to carry banners saying women are lesser beings than men, how is that right??

No one is saying she's right or wrong....but she has right to express herself artisticially as she pleases....

that's as American as it gets...
Old 10-23-2006, 03:34 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

It's not so much as to offend the Christian viewers, but probably more to offend the Muslims and other religious groups out there. That's one reason "The Book of Daniel" never went anywhere on TV; but that's also because it was offensive to Christians as well.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: