Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-22-2010, 08:01 PM   #1
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

MK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this boardMK2V1GP is popular on this board
Default Jaguars final season in Jax?

Quote:
Jaguars website sounds the alarm

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on June 22, 2010 9:22 AM ET
The decision by the Jaguars to limit attendance at their intra-squad scrimmage only to season ticket holders received some criticism in Jacksonville, and here on PFT.

Vic Ketchman of Jaguars.com has a message for those who question the move. And while it ran a few days back, we thought it was too powerful to ignore.

"At this time, I would like to speak to everyone from my heart. I ask that you, please, read my words carefully and embrace them. Here goes: Folks, this is it. This is save the whale. Forget, for the moment, about kids and growing the fan base for the future. We've been doing that since 1995. Back then, it was about the future. In 2010, it's about the present," he starts.

In the most clear way possible, Ketchman makes the case that the Jaguars have reached a crisis point, if that wasn't already clear.

"Ticket sales, not the futures of David Garrard and Jack Del Rio, is the number one issue confronting this team, and it's not about next year's ticket sales or growing the fan base for 2020, it's about selling tickets for this year. This is it," Ketchman says.

"This is save the whale and, from my perch on the beach, the whale is struggling to live. I think everyone would do well to understand that the radical nature of this decision underscores the team's desperation to sell tickets. The team knew this decision would be harshly criticized, yet, it went forward with it. Why do you think it did? If your answer is that we have reached the tipping point, then you are a logical person."

We read Ketchman daily, and doubt anyone in Jacksonville has a better handle on the Jaguars' situation. The message is clear. This is an organization fighting daily for survival, with no real guarantees beyond 2010.

Are you buying this? Or do you think it's a market ploy to get a few more fans to buy a few more tickets?

I think it's a bit of both, obviously.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jaguars final season in Jax?

The Jags clearly have major fan support problems, always have. But I think this is pretty overdramatic. The NFL's worth more than the GDP of some small countries, I have a tough time believing any team is "fighting for survival" with the revenue sharing and TV deals they all share. Fighting to turn the profit the owners want maybe, but not survival.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 08:56 PM   #3
UConnCeltics
Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles

UConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterUConnCeltics is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Logo is fine, helmet is ugly though.
UConnCeltics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
artex
♫♪♫

artex is considered somewhat coolartex is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Logo is fine, helmet is ugly though.

AHHHHH PLEASE PLEASE COME TO LOS ANGELES
artex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:04 PM   #5
AirGauge23
Team NWO

AirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAirGauge23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by artex

Isn't LA Raider Nation II?
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:06 PM   #6
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by artex

A 4th Cali team is a bit excessive although LA is a great place for a football team.

Other cool spots would be Las Vegas(LV wildcats!), or maybe Alabama since all they do there is play football and farm.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:37 PM   #7
artex
♫♪♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirGauge23
Isn't LA Raider Nation II?

Yeah, I'm a big Raider fan but it's only because of their LA roots, I also like the Rams. The Chargers have a pretty stupid fan base at my Uni so I tend to root against them, that and their lame ass SUPERRRRRRRRRCHARGERS chant. Oh also Rivers is a cocky shit head

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
A 4th Cali team is a bit excessive although LA is a great place for a football team.

Yes indeed! It's completely ridiculous that we don't have one, and that we haven't been able to keep one.....

I usually don't buy into these crazy rumors but damn, if we got the Jags (or anyone else but the Chargers) a whole new direction in sports would open up for a lottttt of people here.

Last edited by artex : 06-22-2010 at 10:40 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:40 PM   #8
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

people in la dont want the jags.. they still think the raiders are moving back..NOT GONNA HAPPEN
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:42 PM   #9
artex
♫♪♫

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
people in la dont want the jags.. they still think the raiders are moving back..NOT GONNA HAPPEN

I live here, no one's picky at all.

Other than the rumors no one really buys into the Raiders coming back, the most recent one is the Chargers
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: