Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-24-2006, 07:50 PM   #16
Unregistered

Default roy or morrison

I hate to be the one to say it, but Morrison is gonna be a bust in the league. I'm thinking this guy could be as disappointing as Kwame Brown. I think it's gonna be that bad for him.

There are a couple of reasons why I think this. Firstly, he is too slow. Guys like Bruce Bowen, Ron Artest, and the like are going to shut him down so bad it's going to be sad. Secondly, he is not finesse enough to get off the type of shots that he will want to against these guys, and not strong enough to bully his way to a good shot like he was able to in college. These guys in the NBA are strong and quick and will shut him down because he is weak and slow. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

So, with that said, Brandon Roy will definitely be a better player, and will definitely be ROY. If this guy has any heart at all, we are looking at the next Dwyane Wade here. He is that good.
Old 06-24-2006, 08:57 PM   #17
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered
I hate to be the one to say it, but Morrison is gonna be a bust in the league. I'm thinking this guy could be as disappointing as Kwame Brown. I think it's gonna be that bad for him.

There are a couple of reasons why I think this. Firstly, he is too slow. Guys like Bruce Bowen, Ron Artest, and the like are going to shut him down so bad it's going to be sad. Secondly, he is not finesse enough to get off the type of shots that he will want to against these guys, and not strong enough to bully his way to a good shot like he was able to in college. These guys in the NBA are strong and quick and will shut him down because he is weak and slow. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

So, with that said, Brandon Roy will definitely be a better player, and will definitely be ROY. If this guy has any heart at all, we are looking at the next Dwyane Wade here. He is that good.

I like Roy too, but cmon. Roy is an excellent athlete but Dwayne Wade is in a different catagorie. Roy's game is getting into the lane, going to the line 20 times, and shooting a silky smooth fade away. Roy will have a greater impact on the team he goes to, but Morrison will score more.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 01:58 AM   #18
Unregistered

Default are you serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwillreg
I like Roy too, but cmon. Roy is an excellent athlete but Dwayne Wade is in a different catagorie. Roy's game is getting into the lane, going to the line 20 times, and shooting a silky smooth fade away. Roy will have a greater impact on the team he goes to, but Morrison will score more.

You just described D-Wade's game. D-Wade gets into the lane and goes to the line 20 times or shoots a silky smooth fade away. You can not underestimate Brandon Roy. I mean did you see his statline at the end of the season. I actually his stats to Jordan in his last year at North Carolina and Roy's stats were actually better across the line, except Roy has a better three point shot coming out of college than Jordan. Add to that his forty inch vertical and his complete unstoppability in driving the lane, and you have yourself a fierce offensive guard in the league. Did you see this guy in the NCAA tournament? He was unguardable. He got to the whole at will. His only weakness is his lack of instincts for when he should take over a game. He tends to wait around when he should be popping up to the top of the key to get the ball so he can drive. He is unselfish to a fault.

Morrison will be a total bust. The big strong quick black men in the league are gonna toss that skinny white boy around and shut him down. It really does come down to that. This game is now the black man's game, and, as we can see, no white player is dominant enough to will his team to a championship anymore. Dirk and Nash had great runs, but there really can not be any more great white players in the league. Larry Bird was the last.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:19 AM   #19
Bill Swerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
Who will have bigger impact? morrison or roy?
GTFOHWTS, Morrison, all day.

Not to mention Morrison will merk anyone coming out, in a game of one on one, besides maybe Batista.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:22 AM   #20
Bill Swerski

Quote:
Morrison will be a total bust. The big strong quick black men in the league are gonna toss that skinny white boy around and shut him down.
Interesting fact, the two premier bigs in this draft (Tyrus Thomas, Lamarcus Aldridge), both benched 185 8 times.

Morrison benched 185 11 times

Morrison is a far better athelete than anyone thinks.
Old 06-25-2006, 02:23 AM   #21
Bill Swerski

BTW haters, I'm being objective...

...and I'm an Arab.

Black/White means nothing to me.

Only talent.
Old 06-25-2006, 10:24 AM   #22
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
You just described D-Wade's game. D-Wade gets into the lane and goes to the line 20 times or shoots a silky smooth fade away. You can not underestimate Brandon Roy. I mean did you see his statline at the end of the season. I actually his stats to Jordan in his last year at North Carolina and Roy's stats were actually better across the line, except Roy has a better three point shot coming out of college than Jordan. Add to that his forty inch vertical and his complete unstoppability in driving the lane, and you have yourself a fierce offensive guard in the league. Did you see this guy in the NCAA tournament? He was unguardable. He got to the whole at will. His only weakness is his lack of instincts for when he should take over a game. He tends to wait around when he should be popping up to the top of the key to get the ball so he can drive. He is unselfish to a fault.

Morrison will be a total bust. The big strong quick black men in the league are gonna toss that skinny white boy around and shut him down. It really does come down to that. This game is now the black man's game, and, as we can see, no white player is dominant enough to will his team to a championship anymore. Dirk and Nash had great runs, but there really can not be any more great white players in the league. Larry Bird was the last.

You're right. I ment to put Roy's game isn't getting to the lane 20 times and hitting silky smooth fade aways. My bad.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:58 PM   #23
1~Gibson~1
NBA Finals

1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster1~Gibson~1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Who will have bigger impact? morrison or roy?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Swerski
GTFOHWTS, Morrison, all day.

Not to mention Morrison will merk anyone coming out, in a game of one on one, besides maybe Batista.
1~Gibson~1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 02:02 PM   #24
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: roy or morrison

Quote:

HAHA WOW!! to bad this post went unregistered, roy ain't wade but he's definitely a top 5 sg in the league! funny and very entertaining to see old threads like this and predictions
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #25
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: roy or morrison

Morrison put up like 37 on Bowen so he was partially wrong.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: