Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 02:45 AM   #1681
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,189
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bano114
I'm new to this but I want to torrent the X-Men comics from the beggining. Like the Original X-Men and Giant X-Men to the Phoenix Saga and all of that.

The only problem is I have no clue which torrent is the right one and what I should download.

I would also prefer that I could put these comics on a tablet.

If anyone can help me figure out how to do this or direct me to a link with the original x-men comics and so forth I would appreciate it.
here

http://www.demonoid.ph/files/details/2863518/39930920/

http://www.demonoid.ph/files/downloadmagnet/2863518/

http://www.demonoid.ph/files/download/2863518/
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #1682
Bano114
Lets go Kni....Giants!
 
Bano114's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: MetLife Stadium
Posts: 3,561
Default Re: official comic book thread


Thanks alot...Future Repped.
Bano114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:14 PM   #1683
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: State College
Posts: 7,493
Default Re: official comic book thread

need some help from comic book fans. for a new guy, where would I start? DC recently rebooted so should I just read those titles?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:17 PM   #1684
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,895
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
need some help from comic book fans. for a new guy, where would I start? DC recently rebooted so should I just read those titles?
I always have trouble with this.. I never know what to recommend since comic books are over the place.

If you wanna try Marvel.. I think Civil War is a good story to delve into.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:30 PM   #1685
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 5,265
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
need some help from comic book fans. for a new guy, where would I start? DC recently rebooted so should I just read those titles?
DC's reboot has been pretty solid. and you should be able to jump into most of them with very little problem. my recommendations

Justice League
Batman
Batman & Robin
Flash
Wonder Woman
Action Comics
Green Lantern


A little away from the Justice League and their members, Swamp Thing has probably been the best book out of the entire relaunch, and Animal Man is right up there too.

with Marvel, it depends, Civil War might be the best jumping off point for the entire universe, but i can give you better recommendations if you have a specific character you want to read

Last edited by Black Joker : 05-21-2012 at 09:49 PM.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:31 PM   #1686
Dasher
NBA Superstar
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,462
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
need some help from comic book fans. for a new guy, where would I start? DC recently rebooted so should I just read those titles?
Animal Man has been very good. I have gotten Swamp Thing recommended to me by several people. I am going to dive into it eventually. I have also been reading the new Winter Soldier ongoing.

My monthly pulls are:
Uncanny X-Force
Winter Soldier
Animal Man

I pull trades periodically for:
Chew

I am also making my way through:
100 Bullets
The Chronicles of Wormwood

Also try out: Pride of Baghdad
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:35 PM   #1687
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 5,265
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Animal Man has been very good. I have gotten Swamp Thing recommended to me by several people. I am going to dive into it eventually. I have also been reading the new Winter Soldier ongoing.

My monthly pulls are:
Uncanny X-Force
Winter Soldier
Animal Man

I pull trades periodically for:
Chew

I am also making my way through:
100 Bullets
The Chronicles of Wormwood

Also try out: Pride of Baghdad
there is an upcoming crossover between the two (swamp thing and Animal man) and i couldn't be more excited.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:36 PM   #1688
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: official comic book thread

I'm reading Avengers vs X-Men (using this reading order - http://www.squidoo.com/avengers-vs-x-men) and so far i'm enjoying it. I haven't read a lot of X-Men lately so i'm not sure if Cyclops is being written out of character or not, but he's definitely coming off like a mad man.

Despite having not read many of the Captain America books, i'm in love with the character. I used to think he was cheesy, but after reading Civil War (over a year ago) the dude has jumped from not liked to one of my top five heroes. So far i'm liking what i've read of him in AvX. Unlike many I enjoyed the Captain America movie a lot as well and liked how Steve Rogers was portrayed.

I'm at "011 Avengers #25", btw.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:39 PM   #1689
Dasher
NBA Superstar
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,462
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
there is an upcoming crossover between the two (swamp thing and Animal man) and i couldn't be more excited.
They have been attempting to pull of the crossover about 3 years. I initially thought it would be derailed when DC rebooted the universe.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:42 PM   #1690
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 5,265
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I'm reading Avengers vs X-Men (using this reading order - http://www.squidoo.com/avengers-vs-x-men) and so far i'm enjoying it. I haven't read a lot of X-Men lately so i'm not sure if Cyclops is being written out of character or not, but he's definitely coming off like a mad man.

Despite having not read many of the Captain America books, i'm in love with the character. I used to think he was cheesy, but after reading Civil War (over a year ago) the dude has jumped from not liked to one of my top five heroes. So far i'm liking what i've read of him in AvX. Unlike many I enjoyed the Captain America movie a lot as well and liked how Steve Rogers was portrayed.

I'm at "011 Avengers #25", btw.
no, i mean Cyc is a little out of character, but not much. dude has become pretty militant ever since scarlet witch and "no more mutants"
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:50 PM   #1691
KingBeasley08
World's Finest
 
KingBeasley08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: State College
Posts: 7,493
Default Re: official comic book thread

I think I'll start with the Civil War due to the high praise everyone's giving it. Might try 'Animal Man' and mabye a Batman title as well (favorite hero as a kid)
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #1692
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets
 
magic chiongson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South
Posts: 4,252
Default Re: official comic book thread

anybody got a link to the recent comic book draft thread? i kinda lost it around the time the finals started...didn't know what happened :/
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:21 PM   #1693
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
I think I'll start with the Civil War due to the high praise everyone's giving it. Might try 'Animal Man' and mabye a Batman title as well (favorite hero as a kid)

Yeah i hadn't read many comics in a long long time, and i jumped back in by reading all of Civil War and now i'm back into comics.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #1694
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year
 
Black Joker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC
Posts: 5,265
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
anybody got a link to the recent comic book draft thread? i kinda lost it around the time the finals started...didn't know what happened :/
Raiderfan beat me in the tiebreaking team battle (damn all his psychics)
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:59 PM   #1695
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets
 
magic chiongson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South
Posts: 4,252
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
Raiderfan beat me in the tiebreaking team battle (damn all his psychics)

team battle in the finals? dang well he did have the strongest team going into the playoffs though
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy