Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #1696
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
need some help from comic book fans. for a new guy, where would I start? DC recently rebooted so should I just read those titles?
DC's reboot has been pretty solid. and you should be able to jump into most of them with very little problem. my recommendations

Justice League
Batman
Batman & Robin
Flash
Wonder Woman
Action Comics
Green Lantern

A little away from the Justice League and their members, Swamp Thing has probably been the best book out of the entire relaunch, and Animal Man is right up there too.

with Marvel, it depends, Civil War might be the best jumping off point for the entire universe, but i can give you better recommendations if you have a specific character you want to read

Last edited by Black Joker : 05-21-2012 at 10:49 PM.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #1697
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
need some help from comic book fans. for a new guy, where would I start? DC recently rebooted so should I just read those titles?
Animal Man has been very good. I have gotten Swamp Thing recommended to me by several people. I am going to dive into it eventually. I have also been reading the new Winter Soldier ongoing.

My monthly pulls are:
Uncanny X-Force
Winter Soldier
Animal Man

I pull trades periodically for:
Chew

I am also making my way through:
100 Bullets
The Chronicles of Wormwood

Also try out: Pride of Baghdad
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:35 PM   #1698
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Animal Man has been very good. I have gotten Swamp Thing recommended to me by several people. I am going to dive into it eventually. I have also been reading the new Winter Soldier ongoing.

My monthly pulls are:
Uncanny X-Force
Winter Soldier
Animal Man

I pull trades periodically for:
Chew

I am also making my way through:
100 Bullets
The Chronicles of Wormwood

Also try out: Pride of Baghdad
there is an upcoming crossover between the two (swamp thing and Animal man) and i couldn't be more excited.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:36 PM   #1699
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm reading Avengers vs X-Men (using this reading order - http://www.squidoo.com/avengers-vs-x-men) and so far i'm enjoying it. I haven't read a lot of X-Men lately so i'm not sure if Cyclops is being written out of character or not, but he's definitely coming off like a mad man.

Despite having not read many of the Captain America books, i'm in love with the character. I used to think he was cheesy, but after reading Civil War (over a year ago) the dude has jumped from not liked to one of my top five heroes. So far i'm liking what i've read of him in AvX. Unlike many I enjoyed the Captain America movie a lot as well and liked how Steve Rogers was portrayed.

I'm at "011 Avengers #25", btw.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:39 PM   #1700
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
there is an upcoming crossover between the two (swamp thing and Animal man) and i couldn't be more excited.
They have been attempting to pull of the crossover about 3 years. I initially thought it would be derailed when DC rebooted the universe.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:42 PM   #1701
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I'm reading Avengers vs X-Men (using this reading order - http://www.squidoo.com/avengers-vs-x-men) and so far i'm enjoying it. I haven't read a lot of X-Men lately so i'm not sure if Cyclops is being written out of character or not, but he's definitely coming off like a mad man.

Despite having not read many of the Captain America books, i'm in love with the character. I used to think he was cheesy, but after reading Civil War (over a year ago) the dude has jumped from not liked to one of my top five heroes. So far i'm liking what i've read of him in AvX. Unlike many I enjoyed the Captain America movie a lot as well and liked how Steve Rogers was portrayed.

I'm at "011 Avengers #25", btw.
no, i mean Cyc is a little out of character, but not much. dude has become pretty militant ever since scarlet witch and "no more mutants"
Old 05-21-2012, 10:50 PM   #1702
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think I'll start with the Civil War due to the high praise everyone's giving it. Might try 'Animal Man' and mabye a Batman title as well (favorite hero as a kid)
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:03 PM   #1703
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

anybody got a link to the recent comic book draft thread? i kinda lost it around the time the finals started...didn't know what happened :/
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:21 PM   #1704
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I think I'll start with the Civil War due to the high praise everyone's giving it. Might try 'Animal Man' and mabye a Batman title as well (favorite hero as a kid)

Yeah i hadn't read many comics in a long long time, and i jumped back in by reading all of Civil War and now i'm back into comics.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:57 PM   #1705
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
anybody got a link to the recent comic book draft thread? i kinda lost it around the time the finals started...didn't know what happened :/
Raiderfan beat me in the tiebreaking team battle (damn all his psychics)
Old 05-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #1706
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets

magic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemagic chiongson is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
Raiderfan beat me in the tiebreaking team battle (damn all his psychics)

team battle in the finals? dang well he did have the strongest team going into the playoffs though
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:44 PM   #1707
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
team battle in the finals? dang well he did have the strongest team going into the playoffs though
Naw black jack did.. Raiderfan just never gives up on arguing.. Bulldozer method and all that...
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #1708
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Naw black jack did.. Raiderfan just never gives up on arguing.. Bulldozer method and all that...
I still think my team worked better as a team(largely do to cable being able to turn into god cable in that situation) but his team was at least as good in individual battles. I think my team was the best team anyone's had in any of the drafts though(and would have been even better had my can trade not been vetoed)
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:50 PM   #1709
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Surprisingly excited for the upcoming Parker-Morales meet and greet.

ONLY if they do it right though. I know they're going to fight due to a misunderstanding (what a twist!), but if they have Morales just in awe of Parker's ability, and Parker commenting on the pure potential of Morales then it COULD work.

I also hope to see two clear perspectives on being Spider-Man.

Now as great as Spider-Man is they have stuggled with having multiple Spideys (Clone Saga) but also done some great, GREAT, GREAT stuff with it (no seriously if you haven't read Spider Island, fucking read it!).

But I may go ahead and find this issue, it's peaked my curiosity.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #1710
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Surprisingly excited for the upcoming Parker-Morales meet and greet.

ONLY if they do it right though. I know they're going to fight due to a misunderstanding (what a twist!), but if they have Morales just in awe of Parker's ability, and Parker commenting on the pure potential of Morales then it COULD work.

I also hope to see two clear perspectives on being Spider-Man.

Now as great as Spider-Man is they have stuggled with having multiple Spideys (Clone Saga) but also done some great, GREAT, GREAT stuff with it (no seriously if you haven't read Spider Island, fucking read it!).

But I may go ahead and find this issue, it's peaked my curiosity.

What issue is this where they meet?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: