Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-01-2012, 05:03 PM   #1711
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
What issue is this where they meet?

Uhh lemme find it right quick...

Spider Men #2

Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:13 PM   #1712
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
I still think my team worked better as a team(largely do to cable being able to turn into god cable in that situation) but his team was at least as good in individual battles. I think my team was the best team anyone's had in any of the drafts though(and would have been even better had my can trade not been vetoed)
I agree that both teams were the strongest seen yet..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 PM   #1713
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Oh, can't wait to check that out. Though i haven't read much of Morales in Ultimate and i'm about four issues behind on ASM.

Speaking of Bendis, anyone ever read Scarlet? I dig the overall style, though the sixth issue is forever late.

Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #1714
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

anyone read the court of owls? been great so far. once i get more time on my hand, ill look at some classic batman titles like year one and then its marvel civil war time
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #1715
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
anyone read the court of owls? been great so far. once i get more time on my hand, ill look at some classic batman titles like year one and then its marvel civil war time
this has been a fantastic arc, been loving every issue regarding it.

and that's a solid plan right there, can't go wrong with some classic batman
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:21 PM   #1716
NotYetGreat
Great college starter

^I'm at issue 6 or 7. I have 8 & 9 too but turns out the scans I got were in Espanol. But yeah, even though imnnot such a big fan of the art, I couldn't stop reading.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 03:48 PM   #1717
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

I DLed Ultimate Spider Man 1-10 to try to catch up.

Old 06-04-2012, 05:19 PM   #1718
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Miles Morales is just fine.

I had some serious doubts about his age, and demeanor but after reading the issues I think this can really work.

I enjoy that fact that he is like a constant self-doubter. Like to the point of it being a disorder. At first I thought we'd be dealing with like an emo Spidey. I thought he'd be all doom and gloom and just like a serious moody teeny version.

BUT, once he got into the swing of things he began to come out, but ONLY in costume. He's smart, and uses it to be snarky just like Parker. Now if it remains that he's only like that while Spidey then I think it'll be awesome. He puts on the mask and is who he really is. If they show him dealing with his pressures as Miles, and dealing with being 13, then letting loose as Spidey... I mean it works.

I also enjoy that he has to try to crawl out of Parker's shadow. He studies him, and tries to do things like him. I think that'll be another great arch, is him trying to figure out his own thing, instead of being Parker. He also has some serious naivete which puts him in some spots. I like that he and his friend are doing what we would all probably have done had we gotten powers at 13.

I thought I'd be annoyed by his being so easily influenced, as shown by his uncle, but it makes sense if you think about it. He's a scared 13 year old and the only adult that he knows well that he can turn to is his uncle. I thought I'd be annoyed by his bummer attitude but it works really well. I thought I'd hate his new powers and the venom strike is a bit of a problem since it seems to be way to powerful and it's tough to understand why he doesn't use it all the time.

But all in all. Miles Morales has the potential to make a great Spidey. That it's in the hands of Brian Michael Bendis makes me think it should reach that potential.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:30 PM   #1719
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

as everyone here probably knows, i love almost all things spider-man (except spider-man 3, that was terrible). and i really dig Miles, and am super pumped for Spider-Men.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:35 PM   #1720
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
as everyone here probably knows, i love almost all things spider-man (except spider-man 3, that was terrible). and i really dig Miles, and am super pumped for Spider-Men.

Yeah. It's been a while since I've decided to pick up a series, and I've been reading mostly backlog stuff I have to catch up on but I'm probably gonna pick up the Morales run now. And Spider Men.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #1721
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
Yeah. It's been a while since I've decided to pick up a series, and I've been reading mostly backlog stuff I have to catch up on but I'm probably gonna pick up the Morales run now. And Spider Men.
what are you reading right now? if you're not reading Animal-Man or Swamp Thing, you need to get on that as they are easily two of the best books DC is putting out right now
Old 06-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #1722
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
what are you reading right now? if you're not reading Animal-Man or Swamp Thing, you need to get on that as they are easily two of the best books DC is putting out right now

I'm trying to find Static Shock right now. And I was reading some Thanos stuff cause I wanted to brush up you know? Wink Wink

But I have heard a ton about Animal-Man. You say I should check it out? I also heard that the new 52 Aqua Man was worth a look. Have you picked it up at all?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #1723
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

I came across a comic called "Battle Pope" it could be good, but I think they are going to paint Jesus and God as goofy characters. God being goofy is one of the problems I had with The Chronicles of Wormwood. God could have been interesting, but wasn't.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:15 PM   #1724
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
I'm trying to find Static Shock right now. And I was reading some Thanos stuff cause I wanted to brush up you know? Wink Wink

But I have heard a ton about Animal-Man. You say I should check it out? I also heard that the new 52 Aqua Man was worth a look. Have you picked it up at all?
I got the first 8 of the new Aquaman. It's pretty good, might pay to go back and download some to see if you dig it. I dropped it, but that was due to me picking up the Nightwing series for COO.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:35 PM   #1725
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:

you better check out The Thanos Imperative if you're reading up on Thanos
and
Geoff Johns is doing work with Aquaman, you should check out at least the first book to see if you dig it.

Last edited by Black Joker : 06-04-2012 at 07:38 PM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: