Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-02-2012, 04:50 PM   #1756
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
If Sinestro Corps. War doesn't do it for you... well then it just might not be your title cause that's a fantastic saga.

What titles do you consider your favorites?

I don't find it bad at all, its just while reading i find myself thinking "I don't get these guys powers" and i get thrown off by 4/5 characters looking like something out of that bar from Star Wars.

As far as current favorites: Ultimate Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Batman (Snyder), Uncanny X Force, and i'm also reading the old Age of Apocalypse and like that a lot.

I really want to like the Lanters and get hyped for them but i'm just a bit confused when it comes to their rings. I don't understand why the ring is powerful. I know their is a lantern, and depending on the color its fueled by an idea or feeling. I'm gonna keep reading Sinostro Corps War just because i hear Sodam Yat is in it and i want to dive into that character. I'm on like issue #3 so there is still plenty to discover i guess.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #1757
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
I don't find it bad at all, its just while reading i find myself thinking "I don't get these guys powers" and i get thrown off by 4/5 characters looking like something out of that bar from Star Wars.

As far as current favorites: Ultimate Spider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man, Batman (Snyder), Uncanny X Force, and i'm also reading the old Age of Apocalypse and like that a lot.

I really want to like the Lanters and get hyped for them but i'm just a bit confused when it comes to their rings. I don't understand why the ring is powerful. I know their is a lantern, and depending on the color its fueled by an idea or feeling. I'm gonna keep reading Sinostro Corps War just because i hear Sodam Yat is in it and i want to dive into that character. I'm on like issue #3 so there is still plenty to discover i guess.

Sodam isn't very interesting imo. The only Lantern I like is Kyle Rayner and sometimes Guy and Hal.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #1758
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
Sodam isn't very interesting imo. The only Lantern I like is Kyle Rayner and sometimes Guy and Hal.

Well i drafted him so he better be interesting enough to get me a damn win.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #1759
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Umm they can make hard constructs of light. Outside of that I am as lost as you. I think the lanterns are like a power source, fueled by particular emotions?

Hmm... you may dig the current Guardian's of the Galaxy for space faring stories.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:04 PM   #1760
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Read "Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe".

I thought it was just ok, i'm not really sold on a title that is seemingly just kill kill gore, but that is Deadpool. I prefer him as a supporting character, but i'll check out next week's second issue to see how its going.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:39 AM   #1761
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Anyone think Harper Row will become the next Robin? There are rumors of Damian possibly getting the boot.

How do you guys feel about the whole shake-up post AvX. Original 5 X-Men returning, so there will be two Scotts, two Ice-Men, three Beast, two Warrens, and of course one Jean (unless you count the one in and out of the AoA).

I've never been a fan of the Avengers team so i'm not too excited about Marvel seemingly throwing the team everywhere possible as well as taking from the Mutant-verse in order to lure X/Mutant fans to those titles. I love Havok getting more attention, i just wish it wasn't with the Avengers.

Also, Hawkeye #1 was awesome. Never been a fan of Hawkeye (especially with that old costume), but i enjoyed this. With the shakeup of Avengers coming, i wonder where he lands. I would to see him go solo, build himself up as a leader himself. Marvel doesn't really have top archers the way DC does.
Old 08-15-2012, 04:52 AM   #1762
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

I thought it was just ok, i'm not really sold on a title that is seemingly just kill kill gore, but that is Deadpool. I prefer him as a supporting character, but i'll check out next week's second issue to see how its going.

Deadpool is a supporting character. And not even like a Scottie Pippen type who could be the superstar for a while.

More like a Bruce Bowen. You want the hell out of him on your team. Used well he could be a great character to throw in with some teams. But he can't carry a title on his own.

I dl'ed all of his solo titles in the hopes that he could and... have been sorely let down.

Brushing up on Guardians of the Galaxy v2. I forgot how awesome this run was.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:00 AM   #1763
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

I didn't bother picking that up. I love Deadpool, but they're kinda turning him into a one-note character and he's been on a slow decline since Fabian Nicieza run in 2008 ended (Felt the same about him leaving the Thunderbolts at the same time too).

Quote:
Anyone think Harper Row will become the next Robin? There are rumors of Damian possibly getting the boot.

How do you guys feel about the whole shake-up post AvX. Original 5 X-Men returning, so there will be two Scotts, two Ice-Men, three Beast, two Warrens, and of course one Jean (unless you count the one inL and out of the AoA).

I've never been a fan of the Avengers team so i'm not too excited about Marvel seemingly throwing the team everywhere possible as well as taking from the Mutant-verse in order to lure X/Mutant fans to those titles. I love Havok getting more attention, i just wish it wasn't with the Avengers.

Also, Hawkeye #1 was awesome. Never been a fan of Hawkeye (especially with that old costume), but i enjoyed this. With the shakeup of Avengers coming, i wonder where he lands. I would to see him go solo, build himself up as a leader himself. Marvel doesn't really have top archers the way DC does.
Not a huge fan of the shakeup, but I was bored with Bendis on Avengers, so it'll be interesting to see what they come up with next. Hopefully they cut back on the teams and just have 1 Avengers group, rather than the New Avengers and Secret Avengers and Mighty Avengers and all that. I will probably pick up the first couple of Astonishing Avengers or whatever they're calling it and see from there. Probably won't get the new X-Men one though.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:44 AM   #1764
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Rob Liefeld had directed Captain America.....

rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #1765
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What are the best books out right now? I'm looking to start reading comics again and I'm looking for the best 5-6 books out there right now.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:05 AM   #1766
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

What are the best books out right now? I'm looking to start reading comics again and I'm looking for the best 5-6 books out there right now.

Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Batman
Daredevil
X-Force
Saga

Last edited by Black Joker : 08-15-2012 at 09:15 AM.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:16 AM   #1767
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
Animal Man
Swamp Thing
Batman
Daredevil
X-Force
Saga

You didn't list any Spidey books?
Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 AM   #1768
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
You didn't list any Spidey books?
the spidey books are always my first read, most notably Amazing Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man.

i love Dan Slott run on Amazing Spider-Man (ends of the earth was kinda weak, but Spider-Island was great, the current arc isn't bad either) and the Avenging Spider-Man is just plain fun. if we take a look to the left, we can see my opinion on Ultimate Spider-Man. But even Venom and Scarlet Spider books are good.

but you said the best, and as much as i absolutely love spidey, all of those books i listed are fantastic week in and week out.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:05 PM   #1769
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

whatever you do, read the new x-force from the beginning to current. it is one of the best series i have read in a long time
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #1770
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKingBeasley08 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
aw that lil guy was growing on me
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: