Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 02:29 AM   #1801
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,330
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
it was slowly corrupting them, although the avengers actions didnt help. the power would have corrupted eventually (which was the avengers whole point) but the avengers sped it along by warring with the xmen. and it was just the 5 that acted like this. the other xmen initially followed them but then flipped when they saw the 5 were going nuts

Yeah, i get all that. Its just weird the way its been written so far. A lot of what ifs, and Scott and company continuously proving Avengers wrong, until the Avengers almost get so tired of being wrong that they do everything to force the scenario they thought would happen. Scott remained incredibly calm and humble (even when he absorbed more power) and they just kept poking at the dude. Its beyond me how the writers wrote it this way and don't seem to expect us to see the Avengers as the protagonist.

I know the Phoenix is a big no-no, but Scott continuously proved he had everything under control. In the beginning i was with the Avengers in thinking Scott was crazy, but once they started creating world peace in every way, there was seemingly little reason to pick a fight.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 02:33 AM   #1802
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,330
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
Damn I gotta get reading.. This ish is getting complicated..

Go on breeze through those 11 issues. You have to witness this madness.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:20 AM   #1803
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,718
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Go on breeze through those 11 issues. You have to witness this madness.
I will

Im gonna be bothered also because because too dislike the direction they are taking the X-Men in.. I've really enjoyed their books.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #1804
NotYetGreat
Great college starter
 
NotYetGreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,547
Default Re: official comic book thread

I honestly gave up after reading Issue 5. I really didn't expect it but that was absolutely crazy and (I don't know why but) pissed me off. Might finish it though since something went down.
NotYetGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:14 AM   #1805
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare
 
El Kabong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Australia
Posts: 7,712
Default Re: official comic book thread

I think part/most of the Avengers problem with the Phoenix is that no one man should have that much power. The Illuminati have all the Infinity Gems in their possession. They could end this with a snap of their fingers, but they have the agreement that they will never use them, no matter what as it's too much power for one person to have.

Did anyone see the Thunderbolts lineup for the new relaunch? Weird lineup with Red Hulk, Deadpool, Elektra, Venom and The Punisher with Daniel Way writing. Not that sure on it, Way has done an average job with Deadpool, but he sells well so they're obviously continuing on with him.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #1806
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,330
Default Re: official comic book thread

i'm interested in this.

Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:05 PM   #1807
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,718
Default Re: official comic book thread

Whoa.. Shit is getting weird.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 03:27 PM   #1808
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets
 
magic chiongson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South
Posts: 4,072
Default Re: official comic book thread

what a bunch of nerds....


: D
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:22 PM   #1809
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,346
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Yeah, i get all that. Its just weird the way its been written so far. A lot of what ifs, and Scott and company continuously proving Avengers wrong, until the Avengers almost get so tired of being wrong that they do everything to force the scenario they thought would happen. Scott remained incredibly calm and humble (even when he absorbed more power) and they just kept poking at the dude. Its beyond me how the writers wrote it this way and don't seem to expect us to see the Avengers as the protagonist.

I know the Phoenix is a big no-no, but Scott continuously proved he had everything under control. In the beginning i was with the Avengers in thinking Scott was crazy, but once they started creating world peace in every way, there was seemingly little reason to pick a fight.

yea, i agree. it wasn't really written all that well. they seem to forget that the whole reason the first dark phoenix came about was b/c mastermind kept ****ing with Jean's head. rachel had the phoenix force for a long time with no problems...

i just go with the flow and say "meh, it's comics..."
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #1810
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,346
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
I think part/most of the Avengers problem with the Phoenix is that no one man should have that much power. The Illuminati have all the Infinity Gems in their possession. They could end this with a snap of their fingers, but they have the agreement that they will never use them, no matter what as it's too much power for one person to have.

Did anyone see the Thunderbolts lineup for the new relaunch? Weird lineup with Red Hulk, Deadpool, Elektra, Venom and The Punisher with Daniel Way writing. Not that sure on it, Way has done an average job with Deadpool, but he sells well so they're obviously continuing on with him.

that's a weak lineup. too many street lvl characters. no balance.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #1811
rezznor
Nosetradamus
 
rezznor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tonga
Posts: 17,346
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
i'm interested in this.

digging the new costumes, especially Dr. Nemesis. domino and cable are the only one real killer in that group, although i do like colossus' new killer instinct with the Juggernaut powers.


edit: i guess nemesis is a nazi killer...

Last edited by rezznor : 09-14-2012 at 04:35 PM.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:41 PM   #1812
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,718
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic chiongson
what a bunch of nerds....


: D
You're stealing my quotations!
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:42 PM   #1813
magic chiongson
I post-up midgets
 
magic chiongson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South
Posts: 4,072
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
You're stealing my quotations!

it would lose its appeal if i quoted you ;p



and i dont know if this belongs here, but i watched that 90s silver surfer animated show. it was cool because there were a lot of cosmic characters but norrin rad was such a whiny b1tch i wanted him dead in that series

Last edited by magic chiongson : 09-14-2012 at 04:45 PM.
magic chiongson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:22 AM   #1814
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa
 
Loneshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: 3rd Rock
Posts: 3,330
Default Re: official comic book thread

If you aren't reading Saga by Brian K Vaughn (art by Fiona Staples), you need to hop on that. Its pretty awesome. I'm even buying them (lol!). That should say how good it is since i usually just download online, but unlike a lot of stuff from Marvel/DC, i don't feel i have to worry about a reboot or Image turning the book upside down for whatever reason.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:27 AM   #1815
ZeN
RichardRiderLives
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Nova Corps.
Posts: 25,718
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
If you aren't reading Saga by Brian K Vaughn (art by Fiona Staples), you need to hop on that. Its pretty awesome. I'm even buying them (lol!). That should say how good it is since i usually just download online, but unlike a lot of stuff from Marvel/DC, i don't feel i have to worry about a reboot or Image turning the book upside down for whatever reason.
Will google.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy