Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 PM   #1831
ZeN
Wubadubadubdub

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
yeah, i can see this working
holy shit.. i like the dude and think hes hilarious in Parks and Rec. but holy shit.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:08 PM   #1832
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
EVA. I guess she took on the costume.
There's 3 Fantonex's now. EVA tried to clone him, but his 3 brains created 3 seperate versions of him. Cluster is the female version and there's an evil one called Jean Phillipe.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:23 PM   #1833
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
There's 3 Fantonex's now. EVA tried to clone him, but his 3 brains created 3 seperate versions of him. Cluster is the female version and there's an evil one called Jean Phillipe.

Yeah, i know now, but it wasn't know at the time of that solicitation.

Did you read Uncanny X-Force #1 (2013)? I was pretty disappointed but i hope it picks up. Psylocke's character seem really off compared to where it last was during Remender's run.

I can't wait for the re-re-launch of Uncanny X-Men next week. Super psyched for that.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #1834
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Yeah, i know now, but it wasn't know at the time of that solicitation.

Did you read Uncanny X-Force #1 (2013)? I was pretty disappointed but i hope it picks up. Psylocke's character seem really off compared to where it last was during Remender's run.

I can't wait for the re-re-launch of Uncanny X-Men next week. Super psyched for that.
I'm not thrilled with either of the X-Forces so far. Hope comes across as a whiney brat in Cable & X-Force, and yea, Psychlocke seems off and the Fantomexing sexing each other is slightly weird, too.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #1835
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

gotta start building him up again before Avengers 2
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:36 PM   #1836
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 has begun filming

The Amazing Spider-Man 2's cast includes returning stars Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Sally Field, as well as newcomers Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamatti, and Felicity Jones.
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #1837
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker

gotta start building him up again before Avengers 2
I'm kind of disliking how they're changing/doing events with the comics up to match the movies (like the appearance of Nick Fury's son called Nick Fury who looks like the movie/ultimate version of the character).
Old 02-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #1838
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Question: Are graphic novels and comics worth getting on the tablet or is it something that's better to have a hard copy of? I'm thinking Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and some X-Men stuff (not sure what, was going to browse through the thread).
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #1839
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
Question: Are graphic novels and comics worth getting on the tablet or is it something that's better to have a hard copy of? I'm thinking Watchmen, V for Vendetta, and some X-Men stuff (not sure what, was going to browse through the thread).

I read all my comics on a tablet and just leave the hard copies unopened. I'm sure its a preference thing though, but with the lighting and colors standing out, comics look wonderful on a tablet. Not to mention the advantage of having many comics/GN on a portable device.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:04 PM   #1840
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
I read all my comics on a tablet and just leave the hard copies unopened. I'm sure its a preference thing though, but with the lighting and colors standing out, comics look wonderful on a tablet. Not to mention the advantage of having many comics/GN on a portable device.

Not a bad way of going about things on your end. I noticed the comics are in .cbz format or something like that so I'm guessing I'd have to find a reader for them.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:44 PM   #1841
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Not a bad way of going about things on your end. I noticed the comics are in .cbz format or something like that so I'm guessing I'd have to find a reader for them.

If its an Android tablet you can simply download "Perfect Viewer" and that will read CBR, CBZ, and even PDFs.

I also find reading digitally a good way to save money. I download them online (pirated) and if i like it, i buy it. I see nothing wrong with that.

I've recently completed collecting all of Rememder's Ucanny X-Force, Yost's X-Force, and the Age of Apocalypse event. If it wasn't for pirating i wouldn't have gotten back into comics, let alone began buying them.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:54 PM   #1842
sunsfan1357
Word.

Quote:
If its an Android tablet you can simply download "Perfect Viewer" and that will read CBR, CBZ, and even PDFs.

I also find reading digitally a good way to save money. I download them online (pirated) and if i like it, i buy it. I see nothing wrong with that.

I've recently completed collecting all of Rememder's Ucanny X-Force, Yost's X-Force, and the Age of Apocalypse event. If it wasn't for pirating i wouldn't have gotten back into comics, let alone began buying them.
Yeah I definitely plan on buying the ones that I get into. Do you have any recommendations for comics that can really pop out on the Kindle's HD display? The only comics I know are the ones that are shown in the movies so the story doesn't matter to me, I'm open to anything.
Old 02-05-2013, 10:32 PM   #1843
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Yeah I definitely plan on buying the ones that I get into. Do you have any recommendations for comics that can really pop out on the Kindle's HD display? The only comics I know are the ones that are shown in the movies so the story doesn't matter to me, I'm open to anything.

I mainly read Marvel and most of today's comics are in pretty nice quality. I currently read:

All-New X-Men
Cable & X-Force
Saga (this looks wonderful on tablet)
Old 02-05-2013, 11:39 PM   #1844
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

A lot of the Marvel Now! comics come with digital download codes so you can download them to your iPhone or android using the Marvel app as well.
Old 02-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #1845
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

just pre ordered this

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: