Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-08-2013, 02:23 PM   #1846
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: official comic book thread

Gotta admit, Superior Spider-Man has been interesting so far.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #1847
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Gotta admit, Superior Spider-Man has been interesting so far.
i refuse to believe that.

on another note, looks like Geoff Johns is leaving Green Lantern after issue #20 to focus on the Justice League section of the DC universe
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:52 PM   #1848
mentallooser
High School Varsity 6th Man

mentallooser has an OK reputation so far

I just got into comics after a life of promising I never would. I got on netflix and noticed they had the old x-men cartoon series from the 90s. "I loved that show" I said to myself. Watched it and needed more x-men, I don't own the movies and the other x-men cartoon(evolution) was pretty bad IMO. So I read Joss Whedon's run on Astonishing X-Men and it blew my mind. Now I've read through a few sagas including M-day and Messiah Complex and I'm on X-force. Reading them on a tablet is absolutely awesome.

Not sure if I'm looking forward to getting to Civil War as it seems to be inconsistent with the quality depending on which crossover is handling that issue in the series.
mentallooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #1849
mentallooser

Quote:
If its an Android tablet you can simply download "Perfect Viewer" and that will read CBR, CBZ, and even PDFs.

I also find reading digitally a good way to save money. I download them online (pirated) and if i like it, i buy it. I see nothing wrong with that.

I've recently completed collecting all of Rememder's Ucanny X-Force, Yost's X-Force, and the Age of Apocalypse event. If it wasn't for pirating i wouldn't have gotten back into comics, let alone began buying them.
I'm actually using ACV on android. Works great though the interface isn't the best.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #1850
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mentallooser
I'm actually using ACV on android. Works great though the interface isn't the best.

I definitely recommend Civil War. I enjoyed it a lot (and even read all the tie-ins). It was the story that got me back into comics. The main complaint i'd have about Civil War is the back tracking that occurred after the event was over with characters like Spider-Man and Captain America (this is seen in Avengers vs X-Men).

I haven't used ACV as Perfect Viewer works perfectly for me. If there is one thing i'd like is panel-to-panel feature. There is another comic reader that has this feature but its a bit broken.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #1851
mentallooser

Quote:
I definitely recommend Civil War. I enjoyed it a lot (and even read all the tie-ins). It was the story that got me back into comics. The main complaint i'd have about Civil War is the back tracking that occurred after the event was over with characters like Spider-Man and Captain America (this is seen in Avengers vs X-Men).

I haven't used ACV as Perfect Viewer works perfectly for me. If there is one thing i'd like is panel-to-panel feature. There is another comic reader that has this feature but its a bit broken.

I hear ya, my macbook has a viewer with one, but it's really buggy and reads backwards. I'm looking forward to Civil War after I finish X-Force which seems like it has really high production quality.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #1852
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
I hear ya, my macbook has a viewer with one, but it's really buggy and reads backwards. I'm looking forward to Civil War after I finish X-Force which seems like it has really high production quality.

You're reading Kyle and Yosts' X-Force? Be sure to check out Rememder's Uncanny X-Force afterwards; its pretty great as well.
Old 02-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #1853
mentallooser

Quote:
You're reading Kyle and Yosts' X-Force? Be sure to check out Rememder's Uncanny X-Force afterwards; its pretty great as well.
I will absolutely do that. Actually went to the library today and rented the old Dark Phoenix Saga omnibus. The old animation style is pretty cool though the dialogue is a bit corny I guess.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:50 PM   #1854
mentallooser

Did not know The Dark Phoenix saga was from 1980. It is a little cheesy but still pretty cool except that the characters were nowhere near developed yet especially Wolverine.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #1855
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #1856
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

The conclusion to Death in the Family comes out tomorrow. IGN gave it a 10 out of 10...

Can't wait
Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 PM   #1857
mentallooser

Is the Marvel Ultimate series stuff just alternate universe stuff or what? Been reluctant to pick any up even though I've heard they're good because I don't know exactly what I'd be getting myself into.
Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #1858
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation hereoutbreak has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Is the Marvel Ultimate series stuff just alternate universe stuff or what? Been reluctant to pick any up even though I've heard they're good because I don't know exactly what I'd be getting myself into.

Their a different universe. Some stuffs drastically changed others not so much. The ultimate spiderman series is great. The ultimates vol 1 and 2 are also really good.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 PM   #1859
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Their a different universe. Some stuffs drastically changed others not so much. The ultimate spiderman series is great. The ultimates vol 1 and 2 are also really good.
yup. and since it's an different universe, it gives authors more creative license to work with instead of having to deal with continuity. oh and dead pretty much means dead in Ultimate. but yeah, other than the dumpsterfire that was Ultimatum, the Ultimate uni is pretty cool
Old 02-13-2013, 02:34 AM   #1860
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

I gotta slow down on the comic shopping. I was hunting for a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #569 (1st Anti-Venom) for a good price, and upon going through my own inventory i found i already had a copy of it...this is after i just purchased ANOTHER copy. So now i have two, though one is the Venom variant.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: