Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #1861
mentallooser
High School Varsity 6th Man

mentallooser has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
Their a different universe. Some stuffs drastically changed others not so much. The ultimate spiderman series is great. The ultimates vol 1 and 2 are also really good.
So basically it is a way for them to update the comics so that the characters can have more modern and realistic(for a comic) origin stories without people getting pissed over continuity issues?

Wow sounds like something they should do every 10-15 years or so with some characters.

Is the Ultimates X-men stuff good? Unfortunately I haven't gotten around to trying out anything but X-men and the House of M and decimation crossover stuff. I do plan on giving The Ultimates 1 and 2 a shot though.
mentallooser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:57 AM   #1862
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Joker
The conclusion to Death in the Family comes out tomorrow. IGN gave it a 10 out of 10...

Can't wait

Yeah...so far i've heard nothing but the contrary when it comes to that issue. It leaked online, but i haven't read it. I dropped the arc early on as i couldn't get into it at all. I enjoyed Court of Owls a lot, but the Joker arc was a let down for me.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:49 AM   #1863
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Yeah...so far i've heard nothing but the contrary when it comes to that issue. It leaked online, but i haven't read it. I dropped the arc early on as i couldn't get into it at all. I enjoyed Court of Owls a lot, but the Joker arc was a let down for me.
just read it, really liked it. although i've liked the entire arc in general too (albeit i haven't read any of the tie-ins from the other bat books).
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:02 PM   #1864
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
just read it, really liked it. although i've liked the entire arc in general too (albeit i haven't read any of the tie-ins from the other bat books).
gonna take a wild guess...the joker is not really the joker? (why else would he cut off his face, come back and tie the joker face back on? makes no sense to me...)
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:09 PM   #1865
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Loneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLoneshot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Can't wait for Uncanny X-Men tomorrow. I've been hyped for this since it was announced. I just hope its not a let down since i'm expecting a lot.

I got the first three issues of Batman: Year One for $15. I think that's a steal, not sure. Would be awesome to land such a deal on The Dark Knight Returns.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #1866
mentallooser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Can't wait for Uncanny X-Men tomorrow. I've been hyped for this since it was announced. I just hope its not a let down since i'm expecting a lot.

I got the first three issues of Batman: Year One for $15. I think that's a steal, not sure. Would be awesome to land such a deal on The Dark Knight Returns.
I have so much to catch up on too. I'm about to start Second Coming.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:33 PM   #1867
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Black Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBlack Joker is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
gonna take a wild guess...the joker is not really the joker? (why else would he cut off his face, come back and tie the joker face back on? makes no sense to me...)
nope. although not going to lie, the whole him cutting off his face is crazy creepy to me
Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:40 PM   #1868
sunsfan1357
Word.

sunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation heresunsfan1357 has an incredible reputation here

What do X-Men fans think of this list?

http://ifanboy.com/articles/x-men-where-do-i-start/

and would you add anything else to it?
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 02:24 AM   #1869
rezznor
Nosetradamus

rezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerezznor is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
nope. although not going to lie, the whole him cutting off his face is crazy creepy to me
yeh read it and i was way off. dunno why ign gave it a 10 though..i felt let down..kinda disappointed.
rezznor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:56 AM   #1870
mentallooser

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsfan1357
What do X-Men fans think of this list?

http://ifanboy.com/articles/x-men-where-do-i-start/

and would you add anything else to it?

Those are all great series, but as far as where someone should start? Depends on how familiar they are with this stuff. Have they seen the movies or cartoons and have a general idea of the character interactions such as the relationship between jean and scott and Logan? I'd go with Astonishing and move on to things like House of M so on and so forth up to the present.

If not.....I dunno. I'd probably still start with Astonishing as it establishes the characters in an amazing way. I've gone back and read some of the older stuff like Dark Phoenix saga and honestly I don't think a modern fan who isn't accustomed to comics would be able to relate to the writing style of it. God Loves man Kills? Beautiful work, a little hard to grasp without understanding the characters, but it's like a classic lit novel that stands the test of time. You don't need to start with it, but it is something to read when you want to read something and be moved.

I'm pretty new to comics, but X-men is my focus. Love the characters, the lore, the dynamics between characters, and how the X-Men are considered completely different from other superhumans.
Old 02-24-2014, 06:34 PM   #1871
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

KingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKingBeasley08 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Big bump. I wanna start Ultimate Spider Man from the start but don't have the cash for it now. Any place I can download it from?
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:11 PM   #1872
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
Big bump. I wanna start Ultimate Spider Man from the start but don't have the cash for it now. Any place I can download it from?
Piratebay, but good luck finding all the eps. I used to have them but I deleted it.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:12 PM   #1873
Bandito
NBA Superstar

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ultimate X-men is good until the Ultimatum arc (Not sure if it's called that is the one with the *spoilers* big tsunami kills everyone in NYC *spoilers*)
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:11 PM   #1874
outbreak
Custom User Title

outbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation hereoutbreak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingBeasley08
piratebay had a torrent with the whole utimate universe awhile back. astonishing xmen is a good place to start with joss whedons books. They largely keep to themselves in it. I haven't read much ultimate x-men but i have been told it's good, it apparently changes some things a lot though. Another option for x-men is just buying the trades of arcs you like, dark phoenix saga, man loves god kills, days of future past are all available on their own and work ok as self contained stories.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: