Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-05-2010, 10:03 PM   #211
vapid
Paranoid Android

Default Re: official comic book thread

Agreed, Sentry is a stupid and overpowered character. I liked Ares too, he was growing on me.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:05 PM   #212
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Agreed, Sentry is a stupid and overpowered character. I liked Ares too, he was growing on me.
yeah. he went from being a meathead anti-hercules to a well written character with some depth. have you read his mini series that set up his whole relationship with his kid?
rezznor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:06 PM   #213
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Quote:
I liked Ares ever since his run in with War Machine, when he made Rhoady his champion.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:08 PM   #214
rezznor
Nosetradamus

another new character that marvel has been trying to shove down our throats is The Hood. It really annoys me how they set him up as a major new bad guy, he's kinda lame imo.

p.s. if you haven't been reading daredevil you gotta check the latest storyline. it's incredible and easily one of my favorite titles right now. that and secret warriors.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:18 PM   #215
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezznor
another new character that marvel has been trying to shove down our throats is The Hood. It really annoys me how they set him up as a major new bad guy, he's kinda lame imo.

p.s. if you haven't been reading daredevil you gotta check the latest storyline. it's incredible and easily one of my favorite titles right now. that and secret warriors.
Yup Daredevil is a (more) badass now. The Hood is hit or miss, but at least the next major villain should be Doom in Doomwar.
Old 02-05-2010, 10:19 PM   #216
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter

where do you guys get all your comics? are you reading them online? going to comic book stores? do you buy a new comic every week or so, or buy "graphic novels" or what? I'm just curious b/c I've been wanting to get back into them. When I was younger, I had a ton of Superman comics

at my hometown there was this awesome store that sold a crapload of comic books and Marvel and DC apparel/memorabilia as well as football, baseball and bball cards and figurines. I used to go there a lot, but don't live close anymore.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #217
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
where do you guys get all your comics? are you reading them online? going to comic book stores? do you buy a new comic every week or so, or buy "graphic novels" or what? I'm just curious b/c I've been wanting to get back into them. When I was younger, I had a ton of Superman comics

at my hometown there was this awesome store that sold a crapload of comic books and Marvel and DC apparel/memorabilia as well as football, baseball and bball cards and figurines. I used to go there a lot, but don't live close anymore.
I work near a huge comic store so thats a plus. And before that my university was also near a huge comic store. Other than that, to catch up on stuff I torrent them and sometimes I check scans_daily for some previews.
Old 02-05-2010, 11:13 PM   #218
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP

i dont buy comics anymore, i have boxes and boxes of them and no more room. i quit collecting years ago. i have just been reading them online or maybe browse through one if i am at borders.
Old 02-06-2010, 12:41 AM   #219
browntown
National High School Star

I'm up to date with all my comics but I've been way to busy. So my question is what comic should I start reading first? (Marvel only).
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #220
vapid
Paranoid Android

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown
I'm up to date with all my comics but I've been way to busy. So my question is what comic should I start reading first? (Marvel only).
I don't understand. You're up to date but you don't know what to read? Are you saying you own them but you haven't read any lately?
Old 02-06-2010, 02:49 AM   #221
rezznor
Nosetradamus

Quote:
Originally Posted by browntown

daredevil, secret warriors, the Seige event, avengers are gonna be restarting in a few months so will be a good jumping on point, x-force, capt america was pretty good last year but has fallen off past few months, iron man, thor. theres also about 25 deadpool titles right now, pick one and run with it.
Old 02-06-2010, 03:14 AM   #222
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

does anyone know how to read CBR or CBZ files?... i recently downloaded the Y=Last Man series but cant read it...
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:16 AM   #223
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
does anyone know how to read CBR or CBZ files?... i recently downloaded the Y=Last Man series but cant read it...
Download Comical.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:20 AM   #224
Dizzle-2k7
Go Spurs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasher
Download Comical.

thru a torrent or is that some kinda freeware/shareware?
Dizzle-2k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 03:27 AM   #225
browntown
National High School Star

Quote:
I don't understand. You're up to date but you don't know what to read? Are you saying you own them but you haven't read any lately?

I have a guy who hooks me up for a very cheap price. So yes I have all of them. But I've been to busy to start reading them. So I was wondering which ones I should start reading first.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: