Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #226
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,900
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
I remember as a kid the only super hero I designed was molecule man. I thought he was awesome because he was so OP. Then I realized he actually does exist and he's a wimp to balance out his powers.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 11:20 PM   #227
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 7,412
Default Re: official comic book thread

Hey ZeN....do you think they're goin to make a PS3/360 Deadpool game? You know how they did with the X-men Origins: Wolverine, they released the video game almost at the same time of the movie coming out. Do you think they'll do that with Deadpool?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:01 AM   #228
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 7,412
Default Re: official comic book thread

I really wish I could remember where all my X-men, Batman, and Spiderman action figures were. I remember boxing them up about 7 or 8 years ago and putting them in the attic. But I'm not sure if my parents sold them in a garage sell or if they're just lost in an attic. I now I had some real valuable action figures. If you go look on eBay at some action figurines, WOW. Some of them go for over 100 bucks apiece. I had so many too. I had EVERY X-man, 2 or 3 different Spidermans and almost all of his villains and 3 or 4 different Batmans and almost all of his villains too. I also had TMNT action figures and their turtle van, etc.

Those were the days....collecting and playing with action figures.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:07 AM   #229
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan
 
Timmy D for MVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: California
Posts: 8,164
Default Re: official comic book thread

My dad used to haev 65-70 boxes of comics but he got rid of most when I was a baby.

Now he's got about 6 or so left and I've just been reading those. My favorite character is Spiderman but I've been reading Batman lately, mostly some of the novels they made for him and those villians are the best imo. The Killing Joke was amzaing!

I've also been reading some of the Marvel sagas like Secret Wars, Secret Wars II, Day's of Future Past, etc. But I wish we had Age of Apocalypse.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #230
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,900
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Hey ZeN....do you think they're goin to make a PS3/360 Deadpool game? You know how they did with the X-men Origins: Wolverine, they released the video game almost at the same time of the movie coming out. Do you think they'll do that with Deadpool?


I dont have much of an idea. I have very little knowledge on video games, so I dont know about any plans that PS3/360 may have for deadpool.

However, judging by how marketing goes I would expect even more deadpool product to be released when the movie does. But you gotta take into account that its gonna be a loooong time till the movie comes out..
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #231
Dasher
NBA Superstar
 
Dasher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,463
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
My dad used to haev 65-70 boxes of comics but he got rid of most when I was a baby.

Now he's got about 6 or so left and I've just been reading those. My favorite character is Spiderman but I've been reading Batman lately, mostly some of the novels they made for him and those villians are the best imo. The Killing Joke was amzaing!

I've also been reading some of the Marvel sagas like Secret Wars, Secret Wars II, Day's of Future Past, etc. But I wish we had Age of Apocalypse.
I just read The Secret War. It was OK. I was not particularly blown away.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #232
vapid
Paranoid Android
 
vapid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: London/California/Asia
Posts: 8,542
Default Re: official comic book thread

Once I'm done with the nation-state draft I'm starting the comic one again. Stay tuned.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:38 AM   #233
browntown
Local High School Star
 
browntown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Stalking Zen.....
Posts: 1,936
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vapid
Once I'm done with the nation-state draft I'm starting the comic one again. Stay tuned.

I will!
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 11:50 AM   #234
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash
 
RaininThrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,522
Default Re: official comic book thread

This is the comic that got me into comics... one of my father's:



The last "series" I read was some time ago, the Onslaught series:

RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:18 PM   #235
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 7,412
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
I dont have much of an idea. I have very little knowledge on video games, so I dont know about any plans that PS3/360 may have for deadpool.

However, judging by how marketing goes I would expect even more deadpool product to be released when the movie does. But you gotta take into account that its gonna be a loooong time till the movie comes out..

2011 not that bad.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #236
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,900
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
2011 not that bad.

yeah but we been anticipating from 2009
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:22 PM   #237
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 7,412
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeN
yeah but we been anticipating from 2009

Just keep yourself busy with work, school (if you go), sports, other movies, etc and it'll fly by. At least one of the years' wait is over lol.

Have you heard any new updates on the movie? Whats the latest you've heard? Where would be a good place to find out info on how the movie's coming along?
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 12:20 AM   #238
Anton Chigurh
Banned
 
Anton Chigurh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bannsville
Posts: 1,100
Default Re: official comic book thread

Ok so I just finished reading Watchmen. Definitely the greatest graphic novel I have ever read. First novel that actually lived up to its hype for me. The conclusion was a mind **** beyond belief.

Anton Chigurh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #239
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,900
Default Re: official comic book thread

ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #240
ZeN
Stormblessed
 
ZeN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Roshar
Posts: 24,900
Default Re: official comic book thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anton Chigurh
Ok so I just finished reading Watchmen. Definitely the greatest graphic novel I have ever read. First novel that actually lived up to its hype for me. The conclusion was a mind **** beyond belief.


It will forever be the GOAT graphic novel.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:48 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy